Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make request for next year's caravan?  (Read 976 times)

necros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to make request for next year's caravan?
« on: March 16, 2024, 01:58:18 pm »

Hi folks...  I haven't played DF in years, so the new UI design is new for me.  I'm trying to figure out how to make requests for the next year caravan in the new screen.  I get the list of items like in older versions, but when I click one (for example 'Dingo Leather'), the white box on the far right of the item gets darker, but I can't choose how much I want the item.  When I click done, the diplomat scolds me saying I should make requests because it's good for trade, so it seems like clicking the items isn't enough?  I couldn't find any guides online for this new UI screen, anyone know?

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make request for next year's caravan?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 02:22:09 pm »

You can't request specific quantities of goods, only request that they bring those goods at all. It also increases the price of the item, so unless they are otherwise unlikely to bring that item it's usually not worth it.

necros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 03:29:30 pm »

Oh, ok, you used to be able to do that...  but I still don't know how to actually request anything.  Like I said, when I click the item I want, the box just turns grey, but if I click 'Done' the diplomat complains I didn't ask them for anything.  What are the exact steps I need to do to request something for the caravan the next year?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 08:09:03 pm by necros »

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 09:51:20 pm »

The ability to specify the priority of requested items has been removed, although it's probably still there in the background. Because the traders themselves have varying markup percentage on the goods they want next year.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.