Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: ghost town  (Read 18805 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ghost town
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2023, 02:00:56 am »

After Navy Blue has finished his action, try to barricade the door for the night using the cabinet.

xof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2023, 02:55:54 am »

Check out the backyard getting over the low garden fence if need be
You walk around the house and find a set of pillaged garden beds enclosed by a busted garden fence. The wildlife thieves have visited the crime scene multiple times since and there's several traces on the loose dirt. Most crops are gone but you see two weathered radishes. One is half eaten and the other has been nibbled on.
You slip on the soil trying to get closer and your eye catches a fruit somewhat hidden and half buried. A spotted watermelon. It is round, beautiful and without a scratch.

Move to shack #3
You store the sphere back in the jar and run off towards Shack(3). Jar in arms.
Shack(3) is a nice two story building yadda-yadda.
Climbing the steps of the porch you face a door. How quaint!
Said door is locked. There is a keyhole on it.

"What a strange thing."
Look around the outside of the shack for stuff that could make the inside a better place to sleep.
You walk out of your shack. The outside is barren so you head to the only place worth a look: Shack(2).
There is no door just like in Shack(1) and you see a coffee table with an empty glass on top and a chair. Someones been here and left in a bit of a hurry.
Frustrated at the lack of anything you pace around the shack a bit. You hear a hollow sound when walking by a corner!!!
There is a trap door on the floor. It is locked and you see a tiny keyhole on it. lol

After Navy Blue has finished his action, try to barricade the door for the night using the cabinet.
You try your best to perform this action. Unfortunately, there is no such door and the small cabinet appears to be mounted on the wall.

it was not a bad idea. you most likely can come up with something else.
there is no hurry.

Two more turns until dark.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 03:00:40 am by xof »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2023, 03:20:22 am »

See if I can pull the trap door open if I can't grab the chair and table and take them back to the shack I was just in, also grab the glass.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2023, 03:31:21 am »

Search the area for something I can use to effectively block the entryway. Use the table and chair if Navy Blue brings them to the first shack.

xof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2023, 04:23:52 am »

See if I can pull the trap door open if I can't grab the chair and table and take them back to the shack I was just in, also grab the glass.
You dig your fingernails at the seams and tug with force. It has no effect as the trap door stays tightly shut.
Turning your attention to the furniture, you place the glass on the seat of the chair and lift it up. You balance the stuff back to Shack(1)

Search the area for something I can use to effectively block the entryway. Use the table and chair if Navy Blue brings them to the first shack.
Undeterred, you walk outside looking for something to block the entryway.
Before long, Navy Blue comes back holding a chair with a glass 'sitting' on it. You make your way to Shack(2) and start dragging the coffee table outside. Once outdoors, you crouch and raise the coffee table over your head, bringing it to your shack.

Your throat is dry.

One more turn until dark.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2023, 05:34:14 am »

Using the available furniture, block the entryway as best I can
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 05:43:44 am by ZBridges »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2023, 04:44:23 pm »

use manor key to open door

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2023, 08:16:30 pm »

Investigate shack 3
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2023, 08:39:39 pm »

Eat the melon, pocket the nibbled on radish then head inside before darkness consumes the area.

xof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2023, 11:37:37 pm »

Using the available furniture, block the entryway as best I can
After setting the empty glass on the floor you flip the table sideways on the entryway and awkwardly place the chair over it, successfully blocking part of the opening. However, the obstruction is flimsy.

use manor key to open door
The door unlocks.
You enter the shack and find a set of stairs going up right in front of you. To the right there's a kitchen equipped with a stove, a base cabinet next to it and a china cabinet. There is a fancy black notebook resting on top of the base cabinet. Opposite to the kitchen you find a small room with two arm chairs. On the wall of the aforementioned room you see this mounted on the wall:

It's the size of a two door cabinet and appears to be made out of metal.

Eat the melon, pocket the nibbled on radish then head inside before darkness consumes the area.
You drop the half eaten radish, pocket the other one and pick up the spotted watermelon. It looks very good when you wipe the dirt off. Sweet!
In no time, half the watermelon is gone and you are no longer hungry.
Feeling refreshed and with half a melon in your hands you turn around back to the front and start climbing up the porch stairs humming all the way.

Investigate shack 3
You approach the building, eager to investigate the mysterious Shack(3). Immediately, a man with a green uniform appears from around the corner and heads for the door. He is hauling half a fricking watermelon in his arms.
You are hungry and longing for a drink!!!
His shirt is dripping watermelon juice.
Your fists clench involuntarily.
He is humming at close range and doesn't seem to have taken notice of your existence.
You gain a hunger combat bonus. Your next 2 hits will deal more damage.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2023, 01:49:09 am »

"Hey you thirsty I've got this jar of water, also that other shack has a basement but I can't open it, we need to find a pry bar or something to get it open."
Move that cabinet with drawers and see if there is something behind it, then add it to the barricade.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2023, 01:59:53 am »

"Thank you. I'll take some water. Hopefully we'll be able to find or make some tools soon."

Sip some water from the jar until my throat is no longer dry. Also, add the chest to the barricade.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 02:11:10 am by ZBridges »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2023, 02:50:17 am »

grab notebook and look inside it

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2023, 09:06:54 pm »

Head inside satisfied and confident that nothing will go wrong for me in the next... lets say 10-15 seconds.

xof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2023, 12:49:26 am »

"Hey you thirsty I've got this jar of water, also that other shack has a basement but I can't open it, we need to find a pry bar or something to get it open."
Move that cabinet with drawers and see if there is something behind it, then add it to the barricade.
Your concern regarding your companion's wellbeing distracted you. The chest has the drawers, the cabinet doesn't.
You try to move the cabinet but it is mounted on the wall. At any rate, you find another scrap of paper.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sip some water from the jar until my throat is no longer dry. Also, add the chest to the barricade.
You fill yourself a nice glass of water instead. Your throat is no longer dry!
(3) glasses of water left in the jar.
Afterwards you grab the chest and add it to the barricade. Not much of an improvement, sadly.

grab notebook and look inside it
The fancy notebook has a recipe written on it and some useful notes. The handwriting is impeccable and considering the notes it looks like somebody was learning housewifery.
You memorized the recipe!
Tomato Ribbon Soup.

Spoiler: Ingredients (click to show/hide)
On the base cabinet you find several packs of Ribbon Pasta and a steel pot.

Head inside satisfied and confident that nothing will go wrong for me in the next... lets say 10-15 seconds.
You enter the shack and nothing goes wrong. You see a set of stairs going up. To the right you see a kitchen with a stove, a base cabinet, a china cabinet and a clean shaven young man in mustard uniform. He is distracted examining the contents of a cabinet and is not aware of your presence. wink wink.
You also have the feeling of somebody walking into the house behind you, but it's probably just your imagination.

Investigate shack 3 (x2)
Shack(3) is a two story building way nicer than the other two shacks. It has a porch and some kind of low fence on the backyard.
You follow a man in green uniform with a 'II' stitched on his shoulder inside the premises. On your way in you spot some mushrooms growing on the front wall. They look edible. Once inside you see a set of stairs going up and two rooms. The man in green walks to the right.
What do you do?

Welcome the cold night. Find shelter and go to sleep.
Navy Blue is sleepy (hungry status disabled till morning)
'Jack' is sleepy and hungry
Mustard is hungry (sleepy status delayed)
Green II is sleepy
Terracota is sleepy, hungry and thirsty!!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 12:57:10 am by xof »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16