Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 154

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 74862 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #2221 on: May 07, 2024, 01:34:03 am »

"I don't think I've heard of Metro-L before." Truang raises an eyebrow in surprise.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Good for you. Compared to Metro-L, SRC is saintly and heavenly. Metro-L doesn't really care about toxicity, safety standards and its customers. The synthols are cheap, of course, you can get sloshed on several tanks for, what, six, seven credits? But your stomach might not survive, and neither might you. They also use bottled stuff, the kind that gets fermented in a shoddy warehouse."

"And the Federation allows this?"

"A mixture of 'I was here first', bribes and, surprisingly, some customer loyalty... they are local - kinda - operating only in Beta, Gamma, Hercules, Mercury and Capricorn Sectors. They don't have a Federal-wide concession for selling booze or setting up shop, only in few sectors. But enough marketing, money and persistence and they could get elsewhere. They've already been putting out feelers in Aries sector, last time I talked about them with someone." Truang takes a sip of his drink.

"Who knows, maybe in few years Metro-L will put up neons around Aries. And that Sector is just few jumps away from Zanzibar. But I think both SRC and Federals will do something about Metro-L before that happens."

A) "Speaking of PleasureCrafts, are you their affiliate?"
B) "Anything else you know about SRC?"
C) "Any advice to get my sales better so that I can meet the purported quota?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: May 07, 2024, 01:44:21 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: May 07, 2024, 12:13:58 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: May 07, 2024, 02:36:54 pm »

"Anything else you know about SRC?"

"Alas, I don't think that there's anything else I could say you." Truang takes another sip of his drink and looks into the glass afterwards - about a quarter of the mix left.

That's when the gate opens and both you and the trader look behind.

Through the gate walks a middle-aged man with greying black-beard and bald head, in a jumpsuit covered by a fancy jacket of slick black material. As he approaches the bar, you can see slick gloves on his hands and heavy work boots on his feet, all black as well.

"Hello Captain." Truang nods towards the newcomer, who smiles and nods his head politely.

"Mr.Cie-Min." The 'captain' takes a seat at the bar and only then you notice a small earpiece, lodged in his left earlobe and sometimes giving off tiny red light - you also notice an jagged, L-shaped scar going from between his left eye and left ear to his cheek.

"Anything wrong with the Centaur?"

"The opposite, actually. We're almost ready but instead of sailing off ahead of schedule, I gave the crew a small break and decided to go for a drink myself. One Asteroids." The bald captain nods in your direction, and you start by putting ice into a tank glass.

"I don't recall you drinking synthol, Captain."

"Cuz I don't. I prefer cheaper booze, and bottled sort, too." He scrunches his nose and looks at you briefly as you pour in Martian and Sucrosol into the ice.

"But while we're at SRC, I thought to myself, why the hell not? Thanks." The captain of the Centaur takes the glass from you, then fishes a nondescript credchip from the pocket of his jumpsuit. Your scanner goes beep against it. (+71c)

Today Earnings: 1238c
Monthly Earnings: 7375.5c

Quote from: New Patron ID obtained!
Patron ID: Kolf Radian
Conv.Style: AMICABLE
Liked drinks: sweet
Disliked drinks: bitter

Captain Radian takes a gulp of his Asteroids, drinking almost half of the mix in one go.

"Synthol's still good." He says. "Music still terrible, too." He complains, making the trader grin before Truang takes another sip of his drink.

A) To Captain Radian: "I could change the music, Captain."
B) To Captain Radian: "Cheap, bottled booze? Metro-L?"
C) To Captain Radian: CHATTY: "Sorry to point it out like this, but that scar looks quite nasty. Where did you get it from?"
D) To Truang: "I was meaning to ask you about PleasureCrafts, are you affiliated with them?"
E) To Truang: "I was meaning to ask you about whether you have any advice on marketing."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: May 07, 2024, 03:55:47 pm »

A
Despite the captain being an amicable sort, I don't think prying into his scar should be the first thing we say.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: May 07, 2024, 05:43:16 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: May 08, 2024, 01:24:56 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: May 08, 2024, 01:53:30 am »

"I could change the music, Captain." Captain Radian waves at you dismissively.

"Nah, kid, don't bother, I'm here for five minutes. Don't bother." He drinks again from his glass, while Truang empties his and puts the glass on your side of the counter.

A) To Captain Radian: "So you like cheap bottled booze? Metro-L?"
B) To Captain Radian: CHATTY: "Sorry to point it out like this, but that scar looks quite nasty. Where did you get it from?"
C) To Truang: "I was meaning to ask you about PleasureCrafts, are you affiliated with them?"
D) To Truang: "I was meaning to ask you about whether you have any advice on marketing."
E) To Truang: "One more mix or a shot, maybe?"
SigFlags!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 08, 2024, 02:12:08 am »

E

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: May 08, 2024, 02:48:40 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: May 08, 2024, 02:57:53 am »

"One more mix or a shot, maybe?"

3*

"No... thank you. I've had enough. Maybe another time." Truang leaves his seat.

"Have a nice day, barkeep. See you on the ship, Captain." The Captain raises his glass at Truang.

"You too, please come again." As Truang leaves for the main gate, Kolf drinks some more of his Asteroids.

A) "So you like cheap bottled booze? Metro-L?"
B) "How's the ferrywork going nowadays, Captain?"
C) CHATTY: "Sorry to point it out like this, but that scar looks quite nasty. Where did you get it from?"
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 154