Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 04:06:36 pm 
Started by RedWick - Last post by aradar
Currently in testing phase of a vampire fan mod of, vampire the masquerade, with clans and multi tier vampire power system, with atm a max of tier 3 powers.

Clans atm are Gangrel,Tremere and Malkavian each with some dwarf fortress inspired !*fun*! Abilities.

Aquire the dark gift as an adventurer or a mortal seeking the dark gift, either through blood or arcane research via secret slabs and books.
There are true bloods,thin bloods, and arcane canites (vampire sorcerers) born from secrets.

Build a vampire coven and spread the dark gift across the world, conquer your enemies on the world map with single creature hit squads!!! Death Dealers !!! (Depending on the target ofc !!)..

Build vampire temples and inns where visitors come to worship and relax and become food....

My vampires start their dark journey in a semi mortal immortal state where they hunger for blood and real sustenance, not quite fully dead and still yearning for the earthly pleasures of the living.

I will leave it up to the player to shrug off the mantle of life and embrace death fully. 🫠

Big shout out to Eric Blancs magic mod as I drew a lot of knowledge and the inspiration from it if you haven't tried it give it a try!!!!!! It's fun and educational for learning just about anything mod-wise.

Testing is slow as the mechanics involved are difficult to test in the current environment.

on: Today at 03:41:12 pm 
Started by BigUglyWorm - Last post by Eric Blank
Some people have phobophobia. Replace everything with spiders. It won't help them though.

on: Today at 03:10:56 pm 
Started by Ukrainian Ranger - Last post by martinuzz
Well for lack of Middle East thread.

It is possible that the president of Iran, and some of his ministers are dead.
Their helicopter 'made a hard landing' near the Azerbaijan border.

The Iranian State television reports the helicopter has been found. The Iranian Red Half Moon denies this is the case and say search and rescue teams are still searching.

on: Today at 03:08:36 pm 
Started by Ixarys - Last post by Maximum Spin
A

on: Today at 02:14:20 pm 
Started by Scoops Novel - Last post by Starver
At the upper end, a dumb storage of every single possible position[1] vector-multiplied with every possible ruleset[2] wouldn't technically need to be AIed

More than atoms in the universe. Good luck storing that.
I'm suggesting repurposing the place they store all the universes[/i[, obviously. ;)

on: Today at 02:11:24 pm 
Started by rabidgam3r - Last post by Folly
"Since when was the Church an Army?"
"Since most of your history. You've been living in a Blip."

I love that they went there.

on: Today at 01:52:50 pm 
Started by Haspen - Last post by brewer bob
A

on: Today at 01:30:58 pm 
Started by Ixarys - Last post by NUKE9.13
Especially since Ewadd will not be directly providing us tribute or taxes, and given we very specifically refrained from looting the surrounding area, we should probably keep going so we can actually get some material compensation.

A

on: Today at 01:23:51 pm 
Started by Scoops Novel - Last post by Strongpoint
At the upper end, a dumb storage of every single possible position[1] vector-multiplied with every possible ruleset[2] wouldn't technically need to be AIed

More than atoms in the universe. Good luck storing that.

on: Today at 01:02:12 pm 
Started by MaximumZero - Last post by NJW2000

By that I mean, is there a natural number b such that a3 - b2 = b+1 and (b+1)2 - a3 = b, or alternatively, a3 - (b+1)2 = b and b2 - a3 = (b+1)? Let's call the first set of conditions H, and the alternative set of conditions G.

Very interesting question. I'd like to see the python code too, mine was rubbish and chugged the laptop hard when checking a up to 10,000.

Had a look at this but haven't made much progress on the why of it. I'm not a number theorist though. Here's a few things:

Facts about squares tell us that the first part of H is enough, i.e. a^3 = b^2 + b + 1 means that a^3 + b is (b+1)^2.

Wolfram gave me 4 integer solutions for a^3 - b^2 - b - 1 = 0 , but the other 3 rely on negative or 0 a or b.

I think you can just reformulate the problem as: 4 a^3 = k^2 +3 for some integers a,k, but I don't know why that only has the 4 integer solutions.

You're right that G is impossible for positive integer a and b. There's a nice way of seeing why:

suppose G holds for some integer a, b

Then a^3 = b (b+1)

b and b+1 share no common factors... so must be cubes of integers themselves, as otherwise a would not be a cube.

The only integer cubes with a difference of 1 are -1, 0 and 1. So we obtain b=0 or b+1 = 0, so a=0 and b=-1 or b=0

Would love to see other people chime in on this, but I'd advise you to check if it's a case of an unsolved problem in number theory before getting too invested. There's a lot of those, and some can be stated very simply.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10