Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How far will dwarfs migrate  (Read 1579 times)

Hutch327

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How far will dwarfs migrate
« on: April 09, 2024, 03:53:52 pm »

Hello
Noob question coming.  How far will dwarves migrate to my fortress?  If i pick a decent size population but find a spot on the other side of map, would they come is basically what I am asking.  Would the migrant waves be few and far between?
Thanks

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How far will dwarfs migrate
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 04:47:29 pm »

Migrants come no matter the distance, but if you are on a different continent from your civilization then the game will only give you two migrant waves made from newly generated dwarves without existing families. (Normally migrant waves are exclusively made from historical figures, and histfigs almost always have existing families.)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How far will dwarfs migrate
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 08:48:13 pm »

Actually historical figures and additional migrants will still come. What can stop that is if they all died somehow, and so the civ was dead. If there are no playable civs in the world that still exist, you can embark as a dead civ, and they won't get additional migrants or caravans in certain circumstances.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.