Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 564189 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3570 on: October 16, 2013, 06:07:04 am »

Death by vomiting? Eugh.
._.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: October 16, 2013, 09:04:00 am »

Death by vomiting? Eugh.

It's more like being damaged by cursed booze, which also makes you vomit... Plus removed this easy-way-out.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: October 20, 2013, 07:50:57 pm »

Hey guys.

So, I recently decided that I was fed up with Windows 8 and installed linux on my laptop. This necessitated finding a way to put Elona on Linux. I seem to have found a way to do this, and almost everything seems to work, besides the midi music. As it turns out, midis don't have much linux support.

So, I was wondering if the old MP3 pack would work with the latest version of Elona+ or if there are some additional songs that aren't going to be there. If it's mostly in South Tyris I don't really care, as it will be ages before I get there. But otherwise I don't know whether things are going to cooperate if I just stick the MP3 pack in there. Any thoughts?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: October 20, 2013, 08:24:16 pm »

It will work, and you won't notice anything except for "empty" music discs (all the ones higher than 39 are from Elona+). Basically, you'll be missing a lot of music exclusive to Elona+, but since you said so, no big deal. If you had midi support, you could just paste the lines after "mcIntro" in the original musiclist.txt and put it in the MP3 pack's musiclist.txt, and that would make the game play the original game midis in areas that they're supposed to, and play the MP3s in North Tyris. Of course, some songs are reused in South Tyris, so some areas will suddenly have MP3s but that's not really a problem.

This is why I think we should try to compile some new music to make our own MP3 pack for Elona+.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: October 20, 2013, 09:06:47 pm »

Share your secrets? I'd rather enjoy being able to play Elona on my Lubuntu craptop.

Sure. I use Arch Linux so I don't know if everything will apply, but here's what I did:

• Download the latest version of Wine (1.7.4-1)
  • Use Winetricks to install the native version of dinput.dll (this stops it from crashing on exit). For me running "winetricks dinput" in a terminal did the trick
  • Unzip the elona+ 1.29 zip file and put the contents under a folder in ~/.wine/drive_c
  • Mess around with the font the game uses to get one that looks "close enough". That's a setting in Elona's config.txt. I settled on Dejavu Sans Mono, your mileage will vary, of course.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: October 20, 2013, 09:53:36 pm »

Like all emulators, it takes more resources to run through wine than natively on windows. I can't say how well it'll work for you, but it's worth a try, no?

Also, I found there was an extra step involved if I wanted the mp3s to work. Even now they don't seem to want to loop... Still working on it. But at the least, you need to follow the steps I shamelessly pulled from teh googles:

Code: [Select]
cd -
winetricks quartz
cabextract --filter dxnt.cab ~/.cache/winetricks/directx9/directx_feb2010_redist.exe
cabextract --filter mciqtz32.dll dxnt.cab
rm dxnt.cab
mv mciqtz32.dll windows/system32/
winetricks mciqtz32=native

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: November 11, 2013, 08:03:34 pm »

Sorry if this is a necro-post, but Plus V1.30 is out. I don't know what it adds.

Main Website and Download(JP)
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: November 11, 2013, 08:38:36 pm »

Sorry if this is a necro-post, but Plus V1.30 is out. I don't know what it adds.

Main Website and Download(JP)

I can't seem to find any release notes about 1.30... maybe it's not uploaded yet.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: November 11, 2013, 08:51:31 pm »

Quote from: 1.30 Changelog
- A new map in Lost Irva.
- A new NPC.
- Trolls are now considered giants.
- More materials (Doesn't mention whether it's crafting or equipment material).
- Disguises no longer work on Certain Unique NPCs. Disguise kits appear more often.
- A certain NPC can now crush walls.
- Werewolves now sneak into cities, they can transform depending on the time.
- Special Abilities used by gods now have a cooldown.
- Increased the number of points needed for Museum rank by 1.4, but museum salary is 3x higher.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:57:49 pm by Blaze »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: November 11, 2013, 09:57:27 pm »

I've had it for a bit. Looks like they mean crafting materials since I haven't seen anything unfamiliar.
On god abilities, I heard rather than cooling down, they have to charge up for 10 turns on use. Of course, I wouldn't know anything about that because I don't fight gods.
Presumably, the "disguises no longer work on certain Unique NPCs" means
Spoiler: Elona+ Plot Spoilers! (click to show/hide)
My museum just dropped 17 ranks as soon as I entered, but the payout does seem to be higher, so that's true, in case you doubt all changelogs or something.

Most of the other stuff, I have no way to test/see.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: November 11, 2013, 11:03:22 pm »

I noticed the 1.30 update a week or so ago, but haven't updated. I'm still runnin 1.21 cause I'm lazy about updating anyways. But yeah I didn't see any patchnotes at all which probably reinforced my laziness about updating.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: November 14, 2013, 02:57:05 pm »

i believe 1.25 or so added a nice feature for upgrading shops. you can do 50 upgrades at once and buy at a discount. but you need to have gold for all 50 upgrades at the discounted price.

i cant figure out what they added in 1.30 over 1.29, the translation was hard to read. that one looks pretty small.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: November 14, 2013, 03:39:53 pm »

i believe 1.25 or so added a nice feature for upgrading shops. you can do 50 upgrades at once and buy at a discount. but you need to have gold for all 50 upgrades at the discounted price.

i cant figure out what they added in 1.30 over 1.29, the translation was hard to read. that one looks pretty small.
Both of these are true. I still use the old one-at-a-time one for leveling Investing, though. It's very very convenient, especially if you steal find ludicrous amounts of gold in moongate maps.

And I just realized, if you have a museum from the old versions, you can avoid going in it to evade the rank drop from the new point requirements and still get the tripled pay.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: November 19, 2013, 09:29:10 pm »

Can someone link directly to the download? I didn't know how to navigate the Japanese website.... I don't even know f the version on there is in English.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: November 19, 2013, 09:39:35 pm »

Here's the Dropbox link.

It's in semi-English; the old North Tyris content is translated, the somewhat new South Tyris content is slightly translated, and the new Lost Irva content is completely untranslated.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 291