Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Herogilt saga, being killed by lucky hits is mandatory!  (Read 1237 times)

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
The Herogilt saga, being killed by lucky hits is mandatory!
« on: December 17, 2010, 04:44:52 pm »

Between the years when the forgotten beasts roamed and the rise of the dwarf fortresses, in the land of tempests, where great beasts and evil powers lurked, one family was destined to wear the crown of the great karhakian horde upon their heads. I, the lone chronicler of the family of Herogilt will tell you a tale of war,bloodshed and glory.

AGE OF HEROGILT: The saga of glory!

Godan Nestledumbral met in the spacious halls of the keep owned by the Empire of tenderness. In front of him was a table, across it a map was shown, covered in colours, markings, arrows and various other symbols. Around the table sat several intelligent men, some missing eyes, ears, even legs. Each one of them had a concentrated look on their face, as they bickered and argued amongst themselves. They became quiet once they noticed that Godan stood in front of them. His hair was flowing, with a few grey strands, his muscles bulging and his cultist bone amulet that he wore around his neck glistening. The man carried a small knife these days, a far cry from his old glory days of carrying a bronze spearblade. He commanded the armies and men of the Empire of tenderness, although these days things were grim.
    "Sadir! what is the news from your scouts?" Barked Godan roughly at the man across the table.
   " Things are not good my liege, the cultists still continue to insidiously try to convert our populace. The vikings raid our hamlets often, the sarrids are growing in the east, the wuten hold their lands with great ferocity and the dwarves continue to be a nuisance. Even the elves fight us, the human empires hound us at every turn, bandits are popping up in the country side, fierce beasts and forces of nature lurk in the shadows, along with the unspeakable night horrors!" He replied, stuttering nervously and shouting the last bit.
" By gods men, have you all gone mad? Do you think that we're just going to lie back and let these threats devour us?! Every able person will fight, I want those filthy rats that you call civilisations exterminated!!" Yelled Godan in rage,  smashing his fist on the table, causing a crack to appear.
  "That's the problem! Every able arm is either fighting or helping the empire! Although there is one left who doesn't fight for us yet...." Squeaked a small advisor by the name of eliac.
   "You mean Ves herogilt? Bah, i'll try to get him, fat chance he'll be of any use though" spat Godan.
      Godan returned to a hamlet of a relative, he was constantly moving across the world, yet was staying there for about a week. A figure knocked on the door. Godan yelled for the person to come on in, yet waited cautiously next to the door. He prepared to leap but then noticed who the figure was. It was Ves herogilts. He looked quite like Godan, yet he was a scoundrel.
      It was universally agreed that the Herogilt family was one of thieving, skulking, caniving, murdering scum. They would sell weapons to goblins, pay people to provoke beasts to pillage and at one point they were even involved with slave trading. Ves Herogilt wasn't actually a crooked sales person, he was a brutal warrior. At the age of eleven he proved his worth by knocking out, and tying up an entire viking raiding party. He carried a silver scimitar for some reason ( since silver is terrible for swords), along with an iron shield. Although Ves claimed to be a devoted member of The empires of tenderness, he would help out other nations quite often, for a price of course.
      "Hello there general Godan, I heard I could be of some help to you." He remarked snidely.
 "Cut the crap Ves, how much do you want for serving our empire?" Barked Godan angrily, he disliked Ves, he stood for everything he disliked about the modern day Empire.
 " I'll do it for free, providing that if I deal with every problem in the empire, you make me Kharn" replied Ves, clearly amused at Godans anger.
 Godan accepted hastily, knowing that Ves would fail miserably, after all the man did carry around a silver scimitar. First off he gave Ves a list of tasks, knowing full well he would perish before everything was solved. And so Ves Herogilts set off to the nearest keep, in search of companions, and so the Herogilt saga began. 

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:53:22 pm by EmperorNuthulu »
Blargh.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Herogilt saga,one family will rise above all others!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 05:19:44 pm »

This is just a brief explanation post on what this is. Basically its a story based on one "family" of adventurers. Each time one of them dies another one crops up somehow. The updates will be done in a story form, also I plan on not ending this anytime soon, so Ves herogilts might actually become the kharn of The Empire of Tenderness!(He won't last that long though probably) The mod i'm using is my own creation. Also I might put up pictures, although i'm not sure.
Blargh.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 08:44:43 pm »

I am posting to follow
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 12:51:42 pm »

Ves journeyed through the day, crossing the steppes that surrounded the Kharhakian empire and entering the nearest keep he saw. The walls were of poor quality, the entrance was merely a series of doors and the people he met looked inexperienced. He recruited two of the nearest "soldiers" he could find and set off for glory and greatness!
  Godan spoke of a troll wife that lurked in the steppes. It was said to have kidnapped and eaten many people, this had to end if the Karhakian empire would ever survive. Ves entered it's lair, around him lay atrocities and nauseauting things of great evil. Lungs, hearts, livers, guts strewn among the walls to make vile tapestries. The troll wife leapt out of the shadows at Ves, a cleaver in its scaly, bulbous hand. Unfortunately for the troll wife Ves was holding out his sword with his right hand, to point at the guts in horror. The troll wife actually jumped straight into the sword, slicing the vile being in half.  Ves noticed the night creature laying in two pieces on the flaw, he shrugged then fled from the cave. 
   He decided to deal with a local bandit encampment that had been harassing the Empire for years. The bandits were known for their cunning, their abundance of weaponry and their ruthlessness. Ves was no match for them, hia head crushed under the might of their weaponry.

AND SO THE FIRST ONE FELL.

The second Herogilt, by the name of Aves Herogilt quickly heard of his brothers death, he journeyed across the land, seeking vengeance. Unfortunately, he was impaled on a spear by a different bandit clan.

AND SO THE SECOND ONE FELL.

The Herogilts in the empire of Tenderness were defeated for now, yet a new hope arose out of the ashes. A herogilt of a far off land readied herself for glory. She would become the Kharn of an even greater Empire, she was Olan Herogilt! She would repel the hordes of the blasted legion, destroy the bandit forces and wear the crown of the land upon her head.... (until some lucky guy with a hammer god damn bashes her head in of course).
Blargh.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
Re: The Herogilt saga, being killed by lucky hits is mandatory!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 01:33:43 pm »

Nice. Also posting to follow. There arent enough adventure mode stories out there.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!