Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tombkisses, another succession fort (.18, modded) - Turn 2  (Read 5084 times)

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
Tombkisses, another succession fort (.18, modded) - Turn 2
« on: November 25, 2010, 05:01:20 pm »

Savage jungle, terrifying ocean... Can you survive?

From The Light Treaty, a dwarven government, seven dwarves, as was tradition, were sent out.

This group traveled through the savage, terrible jungles to catch sight of the aptly named God-Forsaken Ocean.

-

Rules:
Turns are one year long, from spring to spring.
If your turn takes more than one week, we move on to the next player, who gets the extra time left in your turn.
You have one day to respond once your turn begins.
You are allowed to do anything that won't doom the fortress, or murder the FPS too badly.
The only modding you are allowed to do is add or remove [SPEED:1] from dwarves.
And any other important rules I missed.

-

Player list:

• !!crundle!!
  • Thatdude
  • celem
  • deviled
  • -----
  • -----
  • -----
  • -----
  • -----
  • -----
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:19:07 pm by !!crundle!! »
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
Re: Tombkisses, another succession fort (.18, modded)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 05:14:45 pm »

It looks alright.

Update will some once people sign up.
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 05:20:59 pm »

I'd be interested in joining this. Also, I'll claim a dwarf. Preferably one who likes cows...

But you say that it's modded... Can I ask how?

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 05:25:52 pm »

I've got the Dangerous Creatures mod (don't have a link) and some stuff I made myself.

List of things I added:

A handful of dwarf castes
2 new civs
2 cave creatures I made
2 megabeasts I added
1 semi-megabeast
a few new weapons, and a new trap component
two domestic animals, a parrot and a fireball canon.
a new metal and ore.
a new gem.
a new plant.

I can go into more detail if you want.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 05:34:25 pm by !!crundle!! »

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 08:12:23 pm »

heh sounds fun, i'd like to sign up for a turn.  Also a dwarf, woodcutter or carpenter preferred.

Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 08:41:38 pm »

Done.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 11:01:27 pm »

Spring/summer of year 60:

We went out to strike the earth, and found our spot at what would soon become known as Tombkisses.

The ocean, known as the God-Forsaken Ocean, didn't seem so bad; a few fish didn't look too nice, but it was calm.
The jungles were more active, monkeys of many kinds going past.

At first, we tried to mine down, but found an aquifer- when we tried to breach it, we botched the support holding up a cube of soil; it dropped unevenly.

Then, we went and built a water cistern- just in time for the parrots to not die of thirst, luckily.

Soon, we modified the cistern to work as a reactor too.

Things were uneventful, merely moments after we'd finished an above-ground dining room, when...

MIGRANTS! A band of four, a brewer, a peasant, an unskilled engineer, and a cheese maker.

But then...

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)

Lisig help us.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:16:53 pm by !!crundle!! »

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 11:33:17 pm »

Autumn, year 60:

The beast was felled, but not at a cost- three died fighting it, including the miners.

The peasant was given a pick, and was told to dig out a three tombs for the dead- mere holes in the ground, nothing fit for a hero.

That's going to be fixed later.

At least the brewer knew how to butcher and tan- forest titans are delicious, i now realize.

MIGRANTS!

And another miner, thank Etur.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 03:11:47 pm »

A mega beast in the first year? Man, that is some interesting modding going on there. Nice one for not being completely slaughtered though. The miners died? Man that sucks. At least we can keep the picks.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 04:20:53 pm »

That's actually one of the world gen parameters- must have turned it to zero by accident.

And there's another miner and a peasant now, who do the mining.

Winter update coming up soon.

TONIGHT WE DINE ON FOREST TITAN LIVER!

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 07:02:37 pm »

Winter- Year 60

The cold season's come along.

The season started with Aban, the carpenter, building a fortified room on top of the dining room- it doesn't seem so fortified to me, as it has holes 'for marksdwarves to shoot out of' in almost every wall.

Then, I started cultivating whip vines- the brewer and the militia commander (who had become a miner) helped me plant the first bunch, and they got brewed into great-tasting whip wine, mmm.

Then, as I was looking for plants out in the wilds, I found something else entirely- a diplomat. "Hey, d'ye know where th' leader of this hole be?" he yelled, and I responded with "Ye be lookin' 'im in the eye, ye elf!"

We didn't get along so well.

When I finished gathering plants, the fool pestering me about 'trade agreements' the whole time, I found the cheesemaker was trading away barrels of good whip wine and a few spare clothes for another pick, some metal bars, and some cheese, among other things. I appointed him as broker and went to the dining room to talk with the liason.

We worked out what we needed, and he got up and left, taking some of my good whip wine with him.

I got back to planting whip vines, when somebody started screaming. I turned to see what it was this time, and saw a horrifying thing before me- a moaning, transparent dwarf, who i recognized was one of those who fell fighting the titan- somehow his body had managed to not be buried, and the spirit screamed at me about it,  and pushed Cog, the siege engineer out of his workshop.

Aban made a few coffins, and buried the miner.

I soon ordered a millstone and metalworks be set up, and hooked the system up to the reactor, and sent the carpenter out to make something to keep the ocean waves out of the millstone room.

Then, came the mandrills.

Three escaped in all, stealing a robe, iron bars, and silver bars. The others were slain by a copper pickaxe, used by the militia commander.

Sometime in the middle of all this, another spirit rose, though i thought I'd buried all the dead.

I received it was a report that i was the start of a new year, and went to celebrate.

When I woke, I found a half a paper in my pocket, saying that I'd given the position of leader to the person who held the other half of the page.

I wonder who has it.

Spoiler: Tombkisses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:06:18 pm by !!crundle!! »

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 01:09:10 pm »

Can I get a dwarf and a spot.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 01:11:32 pm »

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tombkisses, another succession fort (.18, modded) - Turn 2
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 03:55:11 pm »

Ok, I'm downloading the save now (thanks for the reminder by the way). Let's see what the fort is like.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 05:29:15 pm »

Pages: [1] 2