Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Succesion game - Above the Dismal Seas  (Read 9916 times)

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succesion game - Above the Dismal Seas
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2009, 01:03:59 pm »

Sorry guys, i was sick couple of days, so i havent played DF...
BUT, im back in business^^

Little Update:
Started to mine near magma, in hope to find some building materials(success btw).
Also some migrants arrived. 4 Carftsdwarf, fisherdwarf, weaponsmith,6 peasant, metalsmith,milker, animal caretaker, gem setter, miller, brewer, potashmaker, herbalist, cheesemaker.

Our population is now 48.
Also our peasant is taken by mood!

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2009, 01:16:01 pm »

PSS. My engish is not so good, try to hang in there :)
----------------------------------------------------
He made Obsidian Earring! -.-

Also Skeleton whales are terrorising my dwarf mates. Damm them..

NIsh, one of our Champions are fighting furiously against 2 skeleton whales. WHERE THE FUCK IS OTHERS???

Oh great whales bringed whole family whit them...

Do you know when cowboys make the herd to go one place, so that they can be counted? Well this sight made me feel that whales start to count how much food they have...

Our military si wipedout... only 1 thing to do... DRAFT EVERYBODY AND USE BRUTE FORCE!!!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:25:16 pm by Ezk1 »

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2009, 01:38:30 pm »

Well you can just quess what happened next.. :D
----------------------------------------------------------------
To bad, i failed. Fun ending tough. Maybe best to take save from previous player^^

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2009, 03:56:02 pm »

Umm... Yeah, innominate's up.
And mining near the magma for obsidian is against the rules. Unless you MADE the obsidian, of course.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2009, 01:05:04 am »

Well okay I've started, but it's not too pretty. Lost a near-legendary planter almost straight away as we had no cloth (evidently the mood had been going for a while). He went crazy and started running naked on the beach. Got an immigrant wave towards the end of Spring, drafted 6 more dwarves, two of which died to the throng of horses that showed up shortly afterwards. The other four are now being trained up to competent swimmer in the kiddie pool I made. For future users, remember to keep it at 4 so that dwarves don't drown. Once they have novice swimmer they can deal with seven though. Competent is so they won't drown if they fall in. Soon, the aquatic corps will be ready.

It would be handy to have all dwarves with competent swimmer, but it is harder to teach civilians. Project for the future maybe.

Really wishing we had more wood. Can't make anywhere near enough axles to connect the waterwheels to the pump mechanisms, so we can build a splendid entrance on the sea floor there. Building a makeshift sea-level entrance anyway, so that work on the final fortress can start. I'm just going to work on the entrance for my turn, specifically a simple gate with two elevated marksdwarf towers.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2009, 12:40:19 am »

Well unfortunately I'm pretty sure I've died as well. Had 6 champion marksdwarves and 8 champion wrestlers. 4 skeletal whales arrived and killed 6 of my troops. I drafted 4 replacements, meaning I had a standing army of only 12 dwarves. After fighting off the measly advances of harpies, more skeletal whales arrive. 9 of them. We kill 4 with what looked like a hundred bolts, while the other 5 waited, seemingly unwilling to path up to us. Then they pathed up to us, and slaughtered all 12 of the dwarves in seconds. I drafted the rest of the fortress in a desperate attempt to survive, which was rather futile. The new recruits died just a few frames after running into the whales.

I currently have a population of 12, with 1 child and 8 injured.

Another recruit was just killed, so now it's 11. 2 healthy adult dwarves in the fortress. A rhesus macaque just stole an artifact earring. The well is outside.

Another glassmaker died after getting trapped on a 1-tile wide walkway. 1 healthy adult dwarf to look after 8 invalids and a child.

And another one bites the dust. The child just got killed as well. There is nobody to look after the sick. I think this is the end of Terrorshores.

Nothing but blinking arrows on the remaining dwarves. Every so often one will tantrum. The planter went stark raving mad. He's running around with a mangled arm stripping off his clothes. The whales came for him too, and I noticed that he wasn't quite mad enough to stick around.

Somehow we are down to 3 skeletal whales. I'll investigate in legends afterwards.

But if you want to know how Terrorshores was put down for good, it is this: the mayor went berserk, killing the crippled friends in the beds around him.

My advice for the people who play this next time: relocate to somewhere walled ASAP; Whales are huge.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2009, 07:50:00 am »

you only need to wall ocean :P But becouse lack of building materials, its hard :/

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2009, 04:26:09 pm »

You know what? I'm breaking my own rules a bit. The next person to go, I'm allowing you to wall in your dwarves. Train up some elite hammerdwarves. If your army still dies to the whales, we'll call this quits. Also, more people joining would be nice...
Edit: And by hammerdwarves, I meant swordsdwarves made from cast-obsidian swords. Unless you bought metal from traders.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:35:20 pm by 100killer9 »
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]