Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Challenge - Cops and Robbers  (Read 280 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Challenge - Cops and Robbers
« on: April 16, 2024, 06:38:31 am »

This is testing the waters for interest, but I was thinking of a dwarf fortress adventure mode equivalent of Cops and robbers. We shall dub it

Heroes and Villains

Rules of the Game:

The first player has one week to build a character, or group of characters, and set them up for the next player.

The next player's job is to kill that character(s).

If the player succeeds at killing them they spend the rest of the turn setting up for the next player.

The next player aims to kill the previous player's character(s) and so on

If you fail to kill the previous character you still need to set up a character for future players to hunt. This would hopefully lead to a map full of "boss encounters" for each player to choose freely which target they'd like.

Additional ideas for fun challenge:
1. When you finish your turn you set conditions for the players who are hunting you. For example:

"I built a dark tower filled with undead who hate all life. Whoever attacks me must be a living being" This would be so that all the effort you put into setting up your traps and defenses stays relevant

another example could be "My character is hiding amongst civilization. You must not be seen killing him" to set up an assassination style event.

2. We don't tell people where our old characters are. This makes the hunt part of the fun. Although the name of the character IS given and possibly the nearest civilization depending on the world size/

What do we think? Sound fun? I know we got some really clever minds here about setting up death traps!
I'd want to set up a world stuffed with secrets, syndromes, clouds, etc that could lead to the largest possible variety of player setups