Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bannerblunts: Candy, Blood, Cave Toads (Steam Succession) (Complete, spoilers)  (Read 3123 times)

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bannerblunts: Succession Fort of Rings and Cave Toads (Completed) (Steam)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2024, 08:17:34 am »

Image 1: Spider devil attacks!

Zulbanunal, Bannerblunts
Year 111, Salvadaddy
Posted [ 31.10.2023 ] on Discord

This year, I've decided to work more on mining through the spire, as well as working on the alternate entryway. I added several more spiked ball traps, and made a very small path with rock fall traps, made so an invader will dodge the rock and fall into a pit with a lead floor at the bottom. I also attempted to set up a minecart blender, but that didn't go so well.

The main thing I focused on, digging the spire, has been rather eventful. I will start by saying that I made a special memorial for those who have fallen as a result of the spire. By the end of my turn, 6 have fallen. It started with unearthing a spider devil, who kicked a miner in the head, which then exploded into gore. Then I sent out the militia to kill it, which cost 3 more lives. The next event was when we uncovered an agent of the divine, however we trapped it with no injuries. Speaking of which, I added some traps meant to contain any otherworldly entities that may escape the spire.

After the angel, I dug through another area that I swear wasn't empty, since I've been using tracks and glass flooring to peak through the floor, but there was another spider devil, who killed the miner. In the end, it took one more miner to dig out an area for the beast to leave, which cost their life, but allowed for us to contain the devil. Also we had a parrot fiend, but that didn't kill anyone to my memory.

So now we have a spider devil, a parrot fiend, and a divine agent all in separate traps, ready for future use. Lastly, I ended my turn by unearthing some adamantine, safe and ready to be mined, for whoever wishes to do the honors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Image 2: The human condition

Stuff from chat:

Salvadaddy — 28.10.2023
I love it when a dwarf's head explodes into gore and it says that they are unconscious
I mean, it's true, but I feel like it's a bit of an understatement
I bring this up because we lost 2 dwarfs to the spider devil
Make that 3

Salvadaddy — 28.10.2023
The humans wish to parley; shall we oblige?

Albreo — 28.10.2023
No.

Salvadaddy — 28.10.2023
The correct answer lmao
Also I just remembered that it requires an artifact, so yeah, hell no

Salvadaddy — 28.10.2023
We done massacred those suckers
Because the army didn't just stay stationed like they should have

Image 3: The feeding chamber

Albreo — 31.10.2023
RIP toads

Otto_K — 31.10.2023
Hold on... you took cute toads, and put them in tiny cells to be eaten by demons??

Salvadaddy — 31.10.2023
I tried to use hoary marmots, but those need to graze apparently
Btw I forgot to mention but we have 7 divine relics, but idk how to make them symbols of the monarchy

Succession fort runs!
Zulbanunal - Bannerblunts
Bardumiseth - Fightquests

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2024, 07:28:28 am »

Image 1: The nobles' quarter.

Zulbanunal, Bannerblunts
Year 112, GeeFin
Posted [ 02.11.2023 ] on Discord

I put digging deeper on hold initially to build a noble's quarters for the new Baron Catten Ideniseth.  I almost decided to send her on goblin subjugation missions to avoid the extra noble requests, but I didn't want to sacrifice a different dwarf as the militia captain. I kept the same aesthetic as the other noble rooms as much as possible.

We have too many animals and I noticed that someone set up a bunch of butcher orders, which is great but miasma is becoming a problem.  I temporarily removed the indoor butchers and placed some outside next to the trading post.  I also noticed corpses weren't getting picked up, there is a corpse stockpile but I don't know if it had many corpse types set to be taken, misclicked the corpse category and took all before checking. I've begun war training the Leopards and Grizzlies.

Asmel Duralavuz has the aspect of one Fey! And is using bronze bars, marquise cut lapis lazulis, stray wild boar bone and every peice of silk cloth on the map to produce an artifact. He worked all year, and he's still going; his pants are wearing out from running back and forth.

I changed the clothing orders to just make 80 of each per year so there is more clothing available generally. Tried some safe digging in the spire after finishing up the Baron's rooms.

Anticipating more adamantine, I set up four craftsdwarf workshops near the magma forges explicitly for strand extraction, set two magma forges for wafer production and made some adamantine stockpiles. I removed raw adamantine from the stone stockpile, but I didn't see if there was another adamantine bar pile.

All at once the giant cave toads were losing their training and attacking whatever was nearby, the butchering orders increase. I replaced the butcher shops on floor 46, now made of bismuth bronze. I also removed the butcher shops from next to the trading post, but I left the skulls as a warning to our enemies.

More adamantine is ready to be dug out, maybe splash a bit of water down there first though, it's a little spicy. Assign 7 goodies to the king done, I expanded his throne room but ran out of time and didn't get to place his throne.  There are a couple walls that need finishing there too

Image 2: The aspect of the fey

Diary notes

The snatcher Xuspgas Bemsposlar got taken out pretty quickly on the 6th of Granite. A giant cave toad and a black bear got to it first distracting it long enough for the military to come in and chop it's head off with an axe.

A diplomat has left unhappy... 11th of Hematite, Early Summer.
Human Caravan arrives, 12th of Hematite, hello there silver whip.

A vile force of darkness arrived in 2nd of Limestone Early Autumn, a pathetic band of six goblins, likely a distraction for the four snatchers that made it inside, military took care of all of them.
Osal Avannashas the Ettin attacks and is easily dispatched by the closest military dwarves, 9th of Timber.

Cog Sakzulag the miner caught fire and died, we checked this stone for heat, what devilry is this? 14th Malachite.
Released Echo of Divine Retribution, Fighter of Melbil Hammerman - 24th Moonstone, Killed Rimtar Budamudil, trapped on 27th of Moonstone.

Miner Sazir Arothdakost encased themself in obsidian 8th of Opal.

From chat:

GeeFin — 01.11.2023
I've started digging deeply, lost one dwarf to a wall-fireball
also managed to flood the lower layer with magma, but I'm working on adding water and channeling it
managed to pick up a few bits of adamantine before the oopsie
I'm setting up a chute to the water for putting out fires/lava so it doesn't get stuck on the middle floors as much, digging is going slowly

Salvadaddy — 01.11.2023
You should be able to build off the chute that I made, I hope

GeeFin — 01.11.2023
Yep, I'm just walling around more of the path between the chute you had and the adamantine layer.

Image 3: Magma and water

Image 4: Butchers and storage floor

Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2024, 09:14:06 am »

Image 1: The front gate trap.

Zulbanunal, Bannerblunts
Year 113, Albreo
Posted [ 04.11.2023 ] on Discord

More traps!! The front door trap has been rebuilt once again but with an additional route. The road underneath will have to be rebuilt to fit which I'm a little bit lazy to do it currently. The front door now has 3 gates. The spire trap is almost complete with only a few unlink traps but ready for action. The red stick is in the main hall (manual activation).

There's a bunch of FB spawning in the cave but otherwise a calm year. No one visited us for the whole year so I couldn't catch any thieves, sad. Might have to put some bait.

Maintenance: 12000 splatters cleaned, 4200 rag clothes sold, 6500 webs destroyed.

I have replenished our two mainstay squads with a surprise addition, an all-human squad. No more freeloading you monster slayers. Currently, I have started a war grizzly bear program to be assigned with squads going out to fight humans. The rest of the time I spent building the surface fort and it is now deemed habitable. All leaks should have been patched and ready for someone to move in.

Image 2: The artefact from last year, finally completed! Sizzledscorched, the artifact door.

From chat:

Albreo — 02.11.2023
Wait. How can snatchers get in? Has anyone made a new hole in the defense?

GeeFin — 02.11.2023
that is a good question, it made it through the front gate so they probably have trap intel
the four snatchers with the army also made it inside

Albreo — 02.11.2023
Ah. Goblin spies. Time to rebuild it again.

GeeFin — 03.11.2023
I didn't realize autobutcher was on while I was playing, I was wondering why it looked like random animals I hadn't set to butcher were getting the axe

Salvadaddy — 03.11.2023
Yeah we have a lot of cave toads

GeeFin — 03.11.2023
had a lot of cave toads 🙂  I think only the Bait toads are left at this point

Image 3: The spire miners' corridor, seen in year 125. Sizzledscorched in position to block enemies

Image 4: Fort cleanup.

Image 5: The tutorial boss

« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 12:43:05 pm by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2024, 04:57:07 pm »

Image 1: Traders at the trading post, seen in year 122

Zulbanunal, Bannerblunts
Year 114, OttoK
Posted [ 12.11.2023 ] on Discord

At the start of the year there was a 100-human siege. Many fell to traps and they ran before even getting to the new trap corridor. Still, I wanted to build a cool combat arena at the end of the corridor, so I built one. Someday, you’ll get a chance to shine, siege corridor.

My build project this year was to add a rooftop layer to the nobles quarter. Dabbling with ramps and open spaces is just good fun. I made a small tavern at -100 for the spire miners. Started mining out a temples quarter up in the waterfall fort, but I don’t really have ideas for it. Commenced the production of copper rings to spend our endless stack of copper bars, and started making meals again, for supplying the various dining halls with their own meal stockpiles.

Another giantess walked into a cage trap, so I put her in the main temple, because that's a thing around here for some reason? Displaying caged giantesses seems like an odd fetish to have but... sure, go for it, dwarves. Who am I to judge? The locals tried to convince me that it's all for a giant breeding program to save their endangered species, but I saw through their logic and pointed out that we don't have any giants. Only giantesses. Explain that, liberals...

Image 2: A large quantity of bone rings. Look at all those masterworks...

I made the discovery that Dfhack trading is much easier than vanilla. I traded over 100 000 dorf-bucks worth of bone rings to the human and dwarf merchants (Four caravans in total). Marveling at the absolute pile of rings at the trade depot gave me perspective on what happens when you spend fifteen years producing bone crafts. My final trade of 50 000 dorf-bucks amounted to but a fraction of the wealth amassed on the depot, even after trading with three other caravans.

I tried my hand at spire mining and found myself enjoying it like minesweeper. My round started strong with the discovery of a demon guarding three relics in one. I found a total of five divine treasures, still waiting to be picked up, as well as mining out a lot of adamantine walls. A lot more adamantine remains on -116.

I excavated in various floors in -115 and above, and I also mapped, drained and explored on the level -116. I also found six creeps and left them trapped in the spire. I’m sure somebody will take care of it…

A couple of dwarves got swept down into a hole while draining water, and almost drowned, but they survived. I mined a lava pocket by accident, and Vicu Kirosithbi the human bard was killed. I also resupplied the stockpile with microcline blocks, and made another stockpile for screw pump components.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 05:06:34 pm by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2024, 11:00:44 am »

Image 1: Beware the clowns!

Zulbanunal, Bannerblunts
Year 115, Salvadaddy
Posted [ 18.11.2023] on Discord
Rewritten 15.01.2024 by Salvadaddy

I started things off strong, to say the least. Trying to mine some more candy, since that’s always a nice commodity to have, we struck something quite interesting. Our miner may have heard some skittering or whispering within the stone, but surely it was mere superstitious nonsense. We had yet to be punished for our hubris, so clearly it wouldn’t be a problem, right? Wrong. It turns out that ignoring such things and digging can release some interesting entities.

Well, we literally unleashed hell, and somehow the miner was able to escape by the grace of Armok. Fortunately, we were able to shut our granite doors behind the miner just in time.

I watched with glee as I saw the clowns gather at the door, thinking that they would be unable to break through. Once again, I was proven incorrect. I was fortunate enough to lock a hatch as well, but I would be lying if I said that them breaking the door didn’t scare the crap out of me. Anyways, this certainly altered my plans for this turn.

Throughout the year I would let some demons reach the hallway to the spire, where I used some traps to kill and capture them. I killed I think ~4-5 demons using Albreo's spike traps, though a few of the traps were destroyed when the demons composed of flame died and exploded. As for the other demons, I designed some cave in traps, which crushed at least 8 demons, to finish them off.

Image 2: Humorcrewed the giant cave toad

Image 3: Shrine of Humorcrewed

At one point, I thought, “wouldn’t it be fun to see a fight between a divine agent and a clown?”, and since I had both trapped, I decided to release them. What happened next was quite a spectacle. Initially, things weren’t looking great for the divine agents, and one of them perished whilst fighting the demon I released, a Devil of Steam. The other divine agent was doing substantially better, and dismembered the legs, right hand, and left arm, before succumbing to a similar but equally deadly fate.

As for the finishing blow? It was done by none other than a Giant Cave Toad! She had been trying her best, fighting the demon alongside the 2 angels, but never landing a hit until it was 1 on 1. And to think that she just happened to have escaped the trap she was placed in as bait! Regardless of her intended fate, she decided otherwise and bit off the neck of the Devil of Steam, finishing it off.

She was dubbed “Humorcrewed” for her valiant efforts. But alas, her story does not have a happy ending. You see, the time she spent locked away in a small corridor, trapped, separated from everyone and everything, hearing the sounds of horrors best left unknown every day, she wasn’t doing too well. She became more and more wild, and perhaps this is what made her ferocious enough to take on the demon in the first place. This led to her forgetting what little training she had between her birth and being shoved in a little cell. The dwarves haven't mastered the art of domesticating giant cave toads, after all.

Nevertheless, she was wandering about, making her way back to the main fortress, when she unfortunately picked a fight with the wrong dwarfs. Already wounded, she was swiftly put down by the same dwarves whom she may have saved. Her deed would not be forgotten, however, and in her honor a shrine was built next to the main staircase for all to see, with a statue, and a chain, for where she was to reside before she met an untimely demise.

In other news, I've gone a bit deeper, and we now have some footing in the tube portion of the spire, that the clown car came through. I obtained this area towards the end of my turn, so I wasn't able to finish connecting a hatch cover to a lever so I could release any potential fluids. Also, while digging down through the tube, I found a divine relic as I revealed some water, which washed down said relic into hell and I can't find it because it has no sprite. It also washed down a single piece of adamantine but that's less of an issue. And now the demons have mud, so good for them.

As for things unrelated to the spire, we were besieged by goblins, humans, and some dwarves, who all fell to our traps, leaving our militia quite bored. There was also a Savanna Titan which came out of the same side the human merchants were leaving. So the humans killed it, only losing the wagons and some men.

Image 4: Droolgnarled legends page

Image 5: Humorcrewed legends page

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 10:07:01 am by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, that was the legend of Humorcrewed and this fort’s first breach into the underworld. That was probably the most unique and wild story in the run of this fortress. Salva revised it at my request, filling in a lot of the details regarding the events, and I’m very happy to finally have the full story available to me. I think it’s a pretty thrilling read, too!

After year 115, work continues containing the clowns and establishing an outpost in hell, as well as forging adamantine artifacts, finalizing the gate defences, accommodating even more nobles, catching more giantesses and so on. There’s some good stuff to be told, from the FB rumble, to the noble purge, the bear room, and the minecart blender incidents. And the dragon! It’s all in the reports, just need to post them.

Maybe I’ll write some supplements to accompany the remaining reports, like some dwarf introductions, and info on the world. Would be a shame to rush a good story to end too soon, so some padding and filler to come soon
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lore on the world
The Passionate Continent
in the Domain of Legends

Borlonfikod, the Severe Glazes, is a fairly usual dwarven civilization, occupying a mountain range and its immediate surroundings. The mountains of The Beak of Nets are sandwiched between wooded lands. In the north and east lay the vast Artificial Jungle of the elves. To the west, the deserted vastness of The Ivory Hill.

And to the south, the contested lands of the Jungles of Land and the hills and forests beyond. These lands are pretty actively fought over by the goblins of the Silent Hate, the elves of the Glacial Animal, and the expansionist, potentially seafaring Confederation of Continents, human civilization. And us, good dwarves of Borlonfikod, at war with all three of them.

(Why seafaring? How would those humans manage that? Well, it seems likely, since their name alludes to Continents, plural… And also, they’ve claimed a truly vast area on every shore of the inner sea, as well as other seaside areas on the other side of their peninsula.)

In the southern sub-continent, past the Rumored Forests, lives our sister civilization, the dwarves of Moldath Immast, led by queen Lokum Rhymedattics. The Avalanche of Influence has always had more sites than Borlonfikod, but a smaller population. Most of them live in far-flung hillocks like some decadent hill dwarves. We’ve enjoyed peace and trade with them and even coerced them into paying tribute to us.

I’ve been gathering some info on the civilization’s sites, so ig that comes next
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 04:46:52 pm by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, huge lore dump time!

Here’s an overview of the sites of
Borlonfikod, the Severe Glazes:
Historical info from Legends in year 125

Fortresses

Rapidship:
Population 50 (??). The first site of the Severe Glazes, governed by the Tombs of Meditating. The first queen, Inod Oneworked, had a romance with the captain of the guard, Sakzul Bittenboulders. But he was abducted by Obi the Shady, the bleak freak. Returning as its mate, Sakzul became an enemy of Borlonfikod.

In year 49, a mad dwarf failed an artefact and killed her own sister. A one-year-old Onol Murderbells fought Obi the Shady here. The queen died of old age in year 95, and her youngest son, Monom Rosyglove, ascended the throne.
Count Ast Sunpost of Rapidship resides in Bannerblunts.

Bannerblunts:
Population 200. Omg! That’s the place you’ve been reading about! The new capital since year 108.

Lettercover:
Population 300. The fortress was attacked by Ngob Vaultheat the Jade Pearl, the dragon, but the dwarves prevailed and slew the beast.

Lancedflukes:
Population 300. Baroness Catten Paddlequests of Lancedflukes resides in Bannerblunts.

Walkedshield:
Population 75. A fairly new fortress founded in 94.

Ruined fortresses

Gildcrystal:
The destruction of this fortress is a very pivotal moment in Borlonfikod’s history, as the dwarves haven’t been able to reclaim it to this day. Many dwarves in Bannerblunts have ties to the tragedy of Gildcrystal.

It was founded in year 31. Dwarf-roads were built to connect it to Rapidship and Lettercover.  In year 61, the fortress was attacked by Simo, a great feathered mosquito, which had already attacked Rapidship before. Two years later, Gildcrystal was attacked by the forgotten beast, Guthstak Hagburied the Lustful Cancer of Pus, which destroyed the fortress.
Later, an ancient elf from Amazeberries took residence in the ruins.

Mountain Halls

Looks like nothing ever happens in mountain halls?

Pleatcobalt:
Population 100.
Containfenced:
Population 100.

Whippedjumps:
Population 100.
Toldwinds:
Population 100.

Dabbledstandard:
Population 100.
Socketlances:
Population 100.

Lizardnet:
Population 100.

Hillocks

Salvebridges:
Population 100. Borlonfikod’s first hillocks, founded in year 1. It was soon destroyed by bronze colossus Onol Battleduty, then reclaimed by dwarves in year 16. Sakzul, mate of the bleak freak, the queen’s former lover, attacked Salvebridges in 21. A wicked troll with backwards joints also attacked the hillocks. Seems like several of Bannerblunts’ soldiers came from here, including an ettin-slayer.

Palacecomets:
Population 200. Baron Ast Conjurerope of Palacecomets resides in Bannerblunts.

Showeredcloister:
Population 40. This hillocks was reclaimed in 74, after it was destroyed by Rightattack, the Swords of Indignation, bronze colossus. One of the top soldiers of Bannerblunts, Zuglar Fortressknighted the Royal Rim of Heaviness, is from Showeredcloister.

Zuglar’s father had a pretty weird life. He infiltrated Amazeberries, an elven retreat of the Glacial Animal, as a monster slayer, and died in its defense against goblins of the Silent Hate.

Quakeutter:
Population 100. It was routed by a roc and reclaimed in year 30. Multiple other monsters also attacked, like a bleak freak, only daughter of Sakzul Bittenboulders and Obi the Shady. This beast also had a daughter who’s still alive out there, somewhere.

Fencedblunts:
Population 30. The baroness, Edzul Fortresswalls, became an ardent worshipper of the Dead Burial, fierce skeletal god of death, becoming obsessed with her mortality. And thus, the Dead Burial gifted her the granite slab, “The Fated Tombs”, and the secrets of life and death. Edzul the necromancer later resided in Rapidship. Later, she visited Bannerblunts, causing the massacre of Bannerblunts in year 110, and died there at the hands of the fort’s soldiers.

This is pretty uncanny, as the Dead Burial is a very popular god in Bannerblunts. Many of his statues are fearsome, such as one where he’s devouring a dwarf!

Seems like Shem Avuzidash, baroness of Fencedblunts as of 122, served as a mercenary with the goblin army. These mercs are discussed more down at the part about Tempesttufted. Looks like this hillocks has quite a dark side to it.

Agelabor:
Population 20. It says that a blueberry was stolen by a black bear here. Okay.

Fencepattern:
Population 200. This hillocks seems to be in untamed wilds, as giant bears and giant cougars attacked it.

Tramplemansions:
Population 20. Routed by a roc, reclaimed in 94.

Bastionrims:
Population 100.

Sites Economically Linked to Bannerblunts

Nutwring:
Elven forest retreat. Population 100. Founded in 102.
Jadetulips:
Elven forest retreat. Population >10. Founded in 104.

Wallriddle:
Hillocks. Population 100. Founded in 105.
Fountainone:
Hillocks. Population 100. Founded in 106.

Oarchambers:
Breachconstructs:

Rainstockade:
Hillocks. Population 100. Founded in 107.
Laborrag:
Hillocks. Population 100. Founded in 107.

Occupied Sites:

Doctrinefly:
Dark dwarven pits. Population 20. Founded by the Silent Hate in 102, then occupied by Borlonfikod in 104.

Puzzlemalice:
Dark dwarven pits. Population 20. Founded by the Silent Hate in 103, then occupied by Borlonfikod in 104.

Tempesttufted:
Dwarven forest retreat. Population 300. Founded by the Glacial Animal in year 1, then occupied by the Silent Hate in 89, many of the elves killed and impaled on spears and grotesque monuments.
It was attacked in 103 and 104 by a human group based in Clawwhiskey (the Clasp-Fellowship of Ale), from the Confederation of Continents.

Then it was attacked by dwarves from Rapidship in 104. They were led by one Mafol Archlimbs, who became Tempesttufted’s administrator. Curiously, his parents were in fact the necromancer baroness Edzul, and Ast Conjurerope, current baron of Palacecomets.

Mafol started his life as a mercenary in Fencedblunts, and was apparently hired by goblins to raid and occupy a dwarven fortress. After this fateful battle, he settled in Rapidship. He was quite a scoundrel, huh? Imagine helping goblins wipe out a fortress! No wonder he quit mercenary work after that battle.

Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Image 1: The tower, and the room of honor for those who died at the hell spire   

Zulbanunal, Bannerblunts
Year 116, GeeFin
Posted [ 22.11.2023 ] on Discord

I've expanded the water further into the spire to put some of the lava surprises out. I added another floodgate and method to refill the water in the lowest cavern layer with the infinite water from the middle layer (shift - f5 hotkey)

Somewhat big army of humans. they bailed as soon as one of the first troops died to the entryway traps. @Albreo I also modified the tower, hope you like it. I also added another ettin to the tavern, a pig tail farm next to the loom/clothier workshops. I moved the trade caravan over a bit to fix the stuck trader issue.

I've also dug out a bunch more adamantine and made a set of 10 adamantine shields. The dwarves that melted all have a slab now. I'll wrap it up tomorrow probably and have some more pictures. I'm sure that I left the artifact room open but I dug out 52 adamantine wafers

From chat:

GeeFin — 20.11.2023
Magma forge artifact underway, adamantine bar and what you see here
Imikedtul (Chuckgrooves), a conical adamantine cap was made

Salvadaddy — 20.11.2023
Nice recursive artifact lmfao
Btw where are those gizzard stones coming from? I never knew they were in the game until recently during my turn

GeeFin — 20.11.2023
I've been butchering beak dogs, it looks like they produce them
Its like a black stomach gemstone

Albreo — 20.11.2023
I think the human squad has been in constant training since my time. Also, the blue, yellow, and purple squads are rehabilitation, guard, and recruit squads respectively. They are not fit for serious combat and also dislike combat.

GeeFin — 21.11.2023
I changed those squad names you mentioned:
Blue = Rehab = The Shower of Mists
Yellow = Guard = The Dented Shields
Purple = Recruits = The Green Spears

Image 2: Pumping water into the spire. 

GeeFin — 21.11.2023
Crap, lava oopsie
they were smoothing and digging fortifications, so at least they weren't miners

Otto_K — 21.11.2023
Nooo you killed Onmo Riftlimb the lord consort (i think that was his name) (No idea who the others are tho)
(Looking at legends) It seems Onmo was one of the first humans to ever visit Bannerblunts, maybe the first one

GeeFin — 21.11.2023
Should I do something special for his slab?  Nothing specific jumps to mind

Salvadaddy — 21.11.2023
Damn, now I'm wishing I left a statue space in the spire memorial hall
Though I expected to lose too many to memorialize in statues, since I lost over 50 in my first try

Otto_K — 21.11.2023
Could you make a statue of Onmo, maybe holding one of the divine relics we've found, looking triumphant? Could set up some statues outside the hall, guarding the entrance

Salvadaddy — 21.11.2023
We could dig little divots in the walls to put statues of events and important people of the fort

GeeFin — 21.11.2023
sounds good, will make it of him holding relic triumphantly and burning

GeeFin — 21.11.2023
I'll look for a place, probably near the entrance;  ooooh or maybe up in the tower

Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Image 1: Precious adamantine artefacts

Year 116, some more stuff

Some more images, and this cursed conversation in chat:

GeeFin — 22.11.2023
I modified the tower a bit, you can see the changes in the pic with the human army
looked really cool, but a bit phallic. unintentionally I'm sure 🙂

Salvadaddy — 22.11.2023
Ah yes, it was a bit more phallic

GeeFin — 22.11.2023
I like the map for that area, it looks like a spaceship (before and after the changes)

Salvadaddy — 22.11.2023
Yeah it does

GeeFin — 04.11.2023
Looks great, but I think we should do something about the walkway that you showed in the bottom right pic.  Any more phallic and it'll need a censor bar

Albreo — 04.11.2023
lol, it's totally accidental.
Guess I shouldn't make it round.

GeeFin — 04.11.2023
round can be okay, just have to avoid the two round rooms connected to a shaft that comes to a point LUL

Spire status

Image 2 and 3: The spire state and progress

Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Accidental phalic symbols just seem to be a human psyche thing lol old as time.

I like the spire and how it is coming together

Liked the historical info too! Background details make everything come alive for me
When adventure mode comes out I'd really love to play an elf or human who was raised in the lands I conquered from them.

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, thanks for commenting! I'm happy that you liked the history stuff. Was my first time deep diving at legends and i was surprised how much cool stuff there was, even on a 100 year world. Like the family of night creatures, or the mercs that fought for the goblin army

Stuff like that shows what a deep game this is. We didn't pick the world for cool stories, the lore just happened to be there... Anyway has the rest of the thread been a good read?

Also wow, saw your new fort idea, cool stuff! We're currently playing the sequel to Bannerblunts in Blind's discord:  Bardumiseth, Fightquests. Savage, terrifying, two necromancer towers, legions of ant people, lots of carnage over all. Will make a thread for that too when this is all posted
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Image 1: The Copper Hall, a tavern at the front gate

Zulbanunal, Bannerblunts
Year 117, Albreo
Posted [ 24.11.2023 ] on Discord

The year started off peacefully. There's no one to bother us in the spring. So, I went directly in to clean the fort. Apparently, someone has been secretly mass-producing 2600 slurry. So, all that goes into the fire. The ore QSP also has a flaw in that it doesn't hold coal properly so the hauling loop went on for a few years. A lot of other not-so-useful items were also destroyed.

We now have a proper mill room under the metal stockpile. Since we have an unhealthy amount of rice and millet, all that will turn into flour soon. The tower got slightly more colorful. I added a new dining room to the second and third floors and removed the small one underground that has been there since the beginning.

The major event this year is that I managed to catch the sock thief eventually. This guy has been going back and forth from our fort frequently and after I interrogated him he admitted to his crime. Our dwarf who helped commit the crime also got jail time. I also sent the military to raid their base and recover our rightful sock but it's buggy and now teleported into the thief's hand somehow. Anyway, it's currently considered as in the fort. If you're interested you can look through the justice page yourself.

I lost almost all but 1 bar of adamantine to the auto-melting which accidentally hadn't been set up properly and still accept adamantine. So, we only got 7 weapons out of it instead of 18. But there should be more spires underground, I have started to dig a new path to scout for more.

In winter, our archnemesis came, Humans. The biggest siege with the maximum unit came at the right time to test the new blender system. It took a few reloads to get the blender run just right. I closed the outer gate to trap most of them in and blend. The right side minecarts got stuck by the horses and bears but it worked well enough. There's only one caution:  No matter what. Do not fight inside the corridor. Dwarfs like to rush at the minecart and launch it again hitting themself and others.

At the end of the year, The trap is mostly complete. There are more plans to add lava to the moat and load some Galena into the carts for more damage. This year alone, 4 nobles succumbed to stupidity from arriving during the two big sieges.

Image 2: Traps and minecart blenders in action

From chat:

GeeFin — 22.11.2023
Oh yeah, the broker was stuck in the count's tomb worshiping instead of trading, I missed the trade with the elves because of it.  I had to remove the tomb zone to get him to leave, but I've remade that since so he could be stuck there again

Albreo — 22.11.2023
Worshiping who? Therd shouldn't be any temple in there doesn't it?

Otto_K — 22.11.2023
I combined the noble tombs and the room between to a temple of the Dead Burial

Albreo — 22.11.2023
Apparently, someone angered our trade partner. (Army of dwarves showed up to siege)

Albreo — 23.11.2023
The sock thieves have been caught. He will now be a permanent resident of our jail. Please welcome him.
There's also a person by this name (Lershi Fiercethrows) who stole another artifact. Please report to the guard if you see him.

Albreo — 24.11.2023
some barons and baronesses think it's a good idea to walk through blenders during a siege
Damn, this is so dangerous. The military kept slamming the minecart and hitting other people killing them. Fighting inside this is more dangerous than fighting the whole raid.

Image 3: Justice for the sock thieves

Image 4: The trinity room, future temple

Image 5: The milling room 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 06:04:09 am by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I'm enjoying it! A lot of people on the forums read without commenting. Myself included!
I'm trying to be more intentional about commenting on the ones I am reading, because I know I definitely appreciate it on my own stories lol

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's true! It's like, i know that people probably like the post, as it's getting close to 1000 page loads. But there's a funny psychological effect where the concrete feedback of getting a response just feels better.

Overall i think there's so much to gain from direct communication, even online. I saw that theory in action on minecraft servers a lot, with players helping each other etc. That's a really good word: intentional. I try acting intentionally as well. But yeah, tangent over
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
Pages: 1 [2] 3