Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Abbey of Blossoming - Lightly Modded Story  (Read 7845 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Blossoming - Lightly Modded Story
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2023, 05:59:12 am »

Guess it'd depend on how the dwarves in question felt about justice as to weather or not they'd like that ending for the kid.

Working on the next chapter.   Good news!  The kid is dead.  Bad news!  The watermill was destroyed.  Ugly News!  It was destroyed by another werebeast showing up.   I hate werebeasts.  I might just quit this save and work on another world FREE of all the things I hate.   I prefer dangerous dinosaurs to werecreatures.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2023, 02:02:18 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Twenty-Five

To : Shareholders

This report that covers the Summer of 254.

So, the work on the Farmer's Guild is continuing while I have plans to deal with the...kid.  Don't ask.

Oh no.  Seems Thob erithid, the Armorer, has been possessed.  I wonder what damage she will do?

She took over the Metalsmith Forge and started mumbling.  I tried to figure out what she needed by listening to her mumbles.  She wants everything!

And the humans from Gil Tuco had arrived.  Maybe we can sell them some of our booze, pots, and other junk!  We also have a ton of Parasaurolophus meat just laying about.  We'll sell that to them too!

Also the human lasher, named Kuda Sweltertrusses, was spotted sneaking nearby.  Seems she wants Shewercuts.    I guess we'll have to...kill her? It IS worth a lot.  Still seems weird somebody wants a bracelet so badly.  Oh well, I will send out the units to kill her.

She is dead.  And all her stuff now belong to us.  Looks like she even had a book.

Though, before the troops could show up she chased erith the Bowyer around for some reason.  The poor thing is in the hospital.  The staff has yet to check on her but it looks like her hands may have been damaged.  She isn't even a soldier.  Poor thing.

And the humans have wagons!   Maybe I can get stuff for the Armorer?

Damn it.  The kid is throwing a tantrum but I was able to lock him in the Mayor's office for the time being.  I don't need him making a fuss now. 

And the Mayor has been re-elected.  Again.  And, once again, demands avils.  Why?!?!?

Anyway, bought some leather, cloth, silk, wool, and what looks like a musical device?  Hard to tell.  The humans will make a 759 credit profit.  Which should please them.  And maybe the Armorer won't go crazy. 

The Armorer has come to collect stuff from the Trade Depot.  A good sign!

And just noticed, in the paperwork, the human bard Mistrum Gravelcleaps is in jail.  Oh...he was blamed for NOT making the avils that the Mayor demanded in his second term. 

Weird.  His file does not show he HAS any skills in Metalsmithing.  He is a good Animal Caretaker, Brewer, Fish Cleaner...lots of skills.  Nothing to do with metals.  Well, at least he was only chained up and not...well, hammered.

Good news!  Thob has started working on...whatever it is he is working on.

And the human Ehil Cilbaadoth, also known as the Monster Slayer, has talked to the Mayor.  Seems they want musical instruments and cloth earrings.  We'll see what we can do about filling their export request next year.  Did we even fulfill their expore request this year?!?!

I let the kid out of the office and he was so tired he went stright to his new bedroom.  A bland new bedroom.  Yes, just a bedroom.

The Farmer Guidhall, for the Ripe Guild, is almost finished and has even been called the Mine Pine.  Weird name. 

And the Armorer finished....a pewter chain leggings.  Worth...oh...7000 credits!

On the 3rd of Malachite imgrants arrived. We went from 120 to 127.

Well, at least some people enjoy the tea.  In fact a few people seem to enjoy the tea.

Greenhouse isn't finished yet.  They still need to make the green glass blocks.  But the mud has been prepared and potatoe seeds planted.  It makes good wine.

Mid-Summer and the humans are leaving.  At least they traded with us something useful!

Of course, I have made it unlawful to export beds again.  We all know how important beds are.

Plan to make the jail area a tad nicer.  Don't want people going nuts just because they broke a law.

And the Ripe Guild is satisfied with their new GuildHall.  Looks nice don't you think?  (1)

I have smoothed out and engraved the walls and floors of the jail area.  And placed a food and drink stockpile there.  And beds.  I really want the prisoners to be taken care of.

Turns out tea or coffee might not be good for everybody.  Or they seem to have mixed feelings about it.  Still, the new Temples and Guidhalls seem to be making some of the populace happy. 

The dying of threads and cloth seems to be slowing down the process of making bags and clothing.  So I have ordered the making of a second Dyer's Shop.

Oh no.  The body of Ingish Thikutlist has been found in a room with a locked door behind a wall.  Who could have done such a thing.    I blame the duck.

What THE?!?!   Something damaged the watermill!  NO!  All the machinery just fell apart!  What did this?  I ordered the citizens to go repair it.

Oh no.  A Werelizard....I now know how the watermill was damaged.

So I just told all the citizens to go to a barrow I made in one of the underground chambers.  There is tons of food and drink there.  The military will be ordered to station itself between the settlement and the watermill.  This may give them some time to assemble and prepare for the werelizard.

May the Gods help us.  And the Goddesses.  And anybody else who wishes to help us.

And while this was going on one of the Dwarfs was able, somehow, to lock the door to the watermill and the werelizard ended up going to the roof and...changing into a human.

Some reason the human can't climb down.  But my soldiers can climb up onto the roof.  So I ordered them to kill him.

And he is dead.

And the watermill has been repaired.  Also I approved the petition of a human soldier.  So....yeah, that was kind of easy.  I mean, if the weres are going to waste time attacking the mill I'm okay with that.  Or drowning in ponds that's okay also.

On the other hand I can't expand on our collection of werebeasts.  Hehe...just kidding.  I don't plan to make a zoo....unless it brings in the tourists?   

Why is there a Parasaurolophus in the hospital?  How do wild animals know how to use doors?

And now we have a ghost.  Seems Monom is haunting us.  A Milker if I remember right?  I have ordered a memorial slab to be made at once.  This is the person who tried to get the girl's corpse out of the river and drowned in the process.  Which is why we don't deal with the river any more.

Autumn has come.  And may I request a new assignment?  There is too many werebeasts around here.  Really, not joking.  Pretty please?

Ever Loyal to the major shareholder King erith Gikutzulban,

Amost Craftdied

Ex-Expedition Leader, Militia Commander, Manager, and Baroness of the Abbey of Blossoming!

-----------------------------------------------------
1.  That image is flipped.  The chamber on the right should be on the left.  It's the temple.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 07:15:54 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2023, 12:11:48 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Twenty-Six

This report covers the Autumn of 254.

We now have a new unit called the Legendary Lances.  None of them have any real military skill.  Just some dwarfs I tossed into a sqaud.  Their leader is the dinosaur bard.  I figured she would make a good Militia Captain.  I could be wrong.

Also did some reogranizing.  The tables and chairs in the Temple of Hot Chapel looked weird and I remembered they needed space for a dance floor.  Now that I think about it lots of rooms seem to need dance floors but I never see anybody dancing.

Also remembered to make some armor and equipment for human sized citizens.  Just in case.

And the ghost was put to rest on the 6th of Limestone.  One less thing to worry about.

And the human Bard who was in jail has been released.  Though citizens keep drinking from the jail foodstock. 

Huh.   I noticed the child Dumat Sectclasped with a bucket.  She plans to milk an animal.  She also had eight crowns on her head.  I wonder if she understands those are for trade?

The Dwarven traders from Olin Nonub have arrived.  Wonderful.  I ordered a lot of pedestals and some mechanisms to the depot.  Which is about 449 credits.  I figure to get cloth or bags.  Which every is cheaper.  We also sell them a few ends and odds.  Some meat, some empty pots.

We got some cloth, a book, and other items.  Stuff we mostly needed and the book we wanted.

And the imgrants showed up.  We're up to 137...citizens?  I think.

Also having some rooms dug out.  Two for furture Guildhalls or Temples and six for normal temples I plan to open up as soon as possible. 

In fact on the 27th of Limestone one temple was created for Onget Canyonmined the Ochre.  Onget is linked to Minerals and has 50 worshippers.  So it seemed like a good idea.  Needs some rocks to be removed but its finished.  And somebody needs to remove the pants.

It wasn't an organized religion, so it could not have a official priest.  But onul, a Mason, who was known for his singing voice was selected as its Performer.  The shrine should make a large part of the populace happy.

I noticed some of the soldiers carry tea in their flasks instead of booze.  What is happening to our culture?!?!  All of us becoming tea drinkers?  What will become of them!  Will somebody please think of the drunks!

Also I noticed we have a LOT of bones.  So I figured to make them into crafts AND help equip our troops.

So on the 23rd of Sandstone I noticed a scholar visiting the library.  A Cougar woman.  I don't mean a woman who is into younger men.  I mean a Cougar as in a mountain cat.  Though she is 62 years old if you into that kind of thing.  Not judging.

I ordered two of the duckbilled dinos killed.  They are hanging around one of our projects.  Also after they rot they give us a lot of bones.

And a small temple was opened to Vesh.  Well, a shrine, was opened to Vesh.  Mostly because there are over 30 worshippers of Vesh.  But also because somebody made a statue Vesh and I figured I may as well use it.  I just wonder why she looks...upset.

Also there is a pet Plump Helmet Man.  Seems happy enough. 

Also I decided to remove the chores for the kids.  I want them to play and laugh and live and stay away from rivers and dinosaurs and the outside.

We also have three types of tea now.  Steeped Green Tea, Steeped Guarana Tea, and Steeped Yerba Mate Tea.  And Custard Apple Cider.  Only two coffees still.  Brewed Arabica Coffee and Brewed Robusta Coffee.

Goes well with either Palaeonuiscum Stew, or Prepared Goat Brain Roast, or just a simple Rice Flour Mash.

We are digging deeper.  Finding cool ores, gems, and even coal.  Nothing can stop us now!

Another human criminal has shown and I also told the Captain of the Guard to...interview him.  As well as the human bard Necromancer who has shown up!

Oh no.  A pack of Carnotaurus have shown up and are causing problems.  Mostly getting themselves wounded while canceling jobs. 

We killed one but the others seem to be hiding....

Anyway built a butcher shop next to the dead one and we are now collecting its meat and bones and so on. 

And winter has come.  I think we may have another winter holiday.  We'll see.

Amost Craftdied

Ex-Expedition Leader, Militia Commander, Manager, and Baroness of the Abbey of Blossoming!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 10:10:53 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2023, 01:31:28 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Twenty-Seven

This report covers the Winter of 254.

So, I plan to clear out most of the work orders and clear the military schedule of training.  This WILL leave some orders in the workshops still.  And sowing and reaping will still be done.  Farming has to be done.  And the building projects that have been started will still have to be finished.

But I plan to let the citizens have the rest of the time to do with as they wish.  Though I hope they don't use that free time just to complain.

Noticed once the soldiers stopped training they either went to sleep or drink.

The barracks seem weird all empty and silent.

And we have newly hatched baby raptors.

Somebody is in jail again.  A scribe named Aban Craftclears.  Seems she violated a production order and was placed in jail by the Mayor.  Once again not sure why the SCRIBE is being punished.  But at least she has a nice bed, good drink, and artwork to keep her sane.

Oh no. A Gem Cutter, named Rigoth Tholestonul has been possessed and has taken the a Jewlwer's Workshop and started working on something.  Good.  Means she found all she needed.

Also decided to hand the Manager position to somebody else.  I am MUCH too busy as a Baroness to be a Manager.  I gave it to the Champion.  she seems to know what she is doing.

We also renamed the second flood tavern the Pumpkin of Tomes.  Which, to be honest, sounds nicer.

Had to reorganize some of our offices.  And the Gem Cutter finished making Tosedduthnur Tangak Inem.  A jade amulet worth 1800 credits.  Not bad.

On the 14th of Moonstone, early winter, the body of Ducim Atoldodok, was found on far edge of our holdings.  Not sure what killed him.

Also there was a rumor about one of the horned devils being around.  But I haven't seen any.

Hmmmmmm.....

Also been told the Outpost Liaison is checking out our shrines.  Not sure why she is still here.  To relax I guess.

HA!  Saw one of the horned devils near the walls.  Sent out a few units. 

Darn it.  It killed Disem Omonapo.  On the other hand a Goblin spearman has attacked it.  A visitor jumping in to protect the City!  But at least it is dead.  And will be butchered.

Chased down another horned devil.  Killed it but it cost a soldier.

HA!  One of those horned devils got trapped in one of our animal cage traps.  We tamed it just enough to take it to a nearby butcher shop and turn it into food!

Approved a few petitions to increase the number of our citizens. 

Also made a shrine for Omba.  The Church of Snarls.  Only 8 worshippers but we have a statue of him and he is linked to seasons.  Not that we have much in the way of seasons.  A human Bard was made the performer of the Temple.

The Mayor has ordered a few more visiters...'interviewed'...including the Liaison!  What a lovely Mayor we have elected.  Three times.

On top of all that he had a meeting with the Liaion that very day.  Seems you want us to export....drinks?   What happened?  Did the brewers go on strike?

Another horned devil was killed.  But good news.  New baby chicks were hatched!

On the 4th of Obsidian there was the report of two births.  One a baby elf girl to Ithithi.  A Elf Poet.  And a baby boy to Monom, the Bone Doctor. 

Darn it.  One of those duckbilled dinosaurs is attacking our baby Protoceratops.  So I sent out three units to deal with it.  They killed it in the end.

Damn it.  Another one of those over sized ducks are attacking the Galliminus chick.  The wild dinos are hurting our tame dinos!

Ran into another one near the settlement and killed it.  They are all over the place!

Also decided to move all the bones and trash elsewhere.  People seem to get upset by the sight.  Someplace underground.  With a nice door to keep the smells in.

Oh no.  The Gallimimus chick had gone missing.  Oh, it was found finally.    It was found covered in blood.  Poor thing.  Ran into something bigger than it.

I am working on another temple.  Somebody made a statue of one of the gods.  So why not?  And somebody made another one of me.  Might put it in the third tavern we're working on.

Oh, spring has come and we have found the dead body of Sheno Monolzilar.  He was found in the barracks.  What happened?  Oh well, whatever.  We number 143 and most of us seem happy.  Or happier. 

And we have lots and lots and lots of dinosaur meat!  Foolish creatures.  They attack us but we eat them!

Amost Craftdied

Ex-Expedition Leader, Militia Commander, and Baroness of the Abbey of Blossoming!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 10:10:18 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2023, 08:59:19 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Twenty-Eight

This report covers the Spring of 255

So with Spring I have added some orders back onto the lists.  Not many.  I don't want to overwork people even when they are returning to work.

Third tavern space is almost finished I plan to leave much of the floor space open for dancing, singing, and whatever.  Also a lot of the raptors were now old enough to be trained for war!

Also had to kill another duckbill dino.  It attacked one of our raptors.  The raptors seem to roam the area.  Which ISN'T a bad thing.  They get into fights and pinpoint, by their noise, where the wild creatures are.

Uh oh.  It is the 12th of Granite and Mafol Emzas the Herbalist has been taken by a mood.  They had claimed a Craftsdwarf's Workshop.

And the elves from Calovi Rava are here.  Let us hope the Herbalist does not go crazy and kills a elf.  Well, at least not one of our elves.

I have ordered cut gems brought to the Trade Depot.  They won't refuse gems, right?

The Brass Nut is now the third tavern but only for citizens.  The Keeper is Sibrek Likotkab, the Papermaker, who turns out to be a Grand Master Comedian.  And the Performer is Likot Zaludsazir, a Lye Maker, who is a Competent Speaker and a Competent Dancer. 

The elves have finally unloaded their goods and the only thing our Trader has found of interest is some of the leaves, fruits, and nuts they have brought us.  We buy all the items we can cook or brew or eat on the spot.

And their Diplomat has arrived.  I hope the Mayor behaves.

Seems the elves wish us to cut down only 25 trees per year.  HA!  We'll see.  I doubt it.  I mean, we are producing coke from bituminous coal.  So we don't NEED to cut down trees.

I have also asked that potash be produced each season from ash so we can fertilize our farm plots yearly.  Same with milking animals and making cheese. 

And another raptor got into a fight with a Parasaurolophus.  So the units go forth to kill it.

On the other hand Mafol has begun working on...something.  So I don't have to put her down.  Killing citizens looks bad in shareholder reports.

On the 22nd of Granite Mafol finished making a carambola wood bracelet.  It is worth around 7300 credits.  Wow.  Not bad.

I just realized we have had three generations of Utahraptors.  Wild.  The raptors are doing better than we are.  Hahaha..haha..hmmm.

Also created the Trusses of Ringing, the Routed Towers, Outrageous Standards, and the Fenced Grooves.  All will be trained with ranged weapons.  Just in cause the elves prove to be a tad too grumpy in the future.

Mid-spring has come and the elves are leaving.

Also put terrariums and aquariums in the new taverns.  Citizens like cute animals while dancing, right?

The 25th of Slate and imgrants have arrived.  So we are going from 146 to 173.

Huh.  The Amathyst Fellowship requires  a Temple Complex and a High Priest.  I thought they already HAD one?  Oh well.  I approved the request.

Honey badger!  Sent a few units out to kill it.

Summer has finally come.  Still working on the temple complex.  Expanding on it and filling it with...stuff.  Even made it some windows. 

And at least we finished the citizen-only tavern with the tiny zoo.  Few citizens seem to visit it. 

Amost Craftdied

Ex-Expedition Leader, Militia Commander, and Baroness of the Abbey of Blossoming!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 09:58:31 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2023, 07:22:50 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Twenty-Nine

This report covers the Summer of 255

Greetings!  From the Metropolis of the Abbey of Blossoming!  We nopw have, as of our last count, 173 citizens.  Among them are twenty-three humans, three elves, a Spinosaur woman,  and one elf baby.  No goblins yet.  Not that we are racist or anything.

Something damaged the gears in the mill on the 3rd of Hematite.  I have ordered it rebuilt.  I just hope there isn't a surprise waiting for whoever goes to fix it.

On the 14th of Hematite I ordered gold coins minted.  Also, for some reason, Kol Boatsound, a Fisherdwarf, has become Haggard and is stumbling around.  Seems he has seen too much death and has no bedroom.

And the humans from Gil Tuco have arrived.  I order goods to the surface to trade with them.  I think we will bring out the cut gems.  Small but pretty and should be worth a lot of credits.

And the Broker is meeting with the Human Head Treasurer Ehil Cilbaadoth.  Seems they wish us to export sheets next year.  Weirdos.

We trade the gems for milk, booze, and a codex.  This gives the human over 1275 credits in profit.  They seem happy.

Not that we don't have enough to drink.  We have 2792 units of drink and 6210 units of food. 

And Etur has been re-elected as Mayor.  Oh goodie.

And the library seems very active.  Lots of visitors and citizens reading and debating things like pulleys and the nature of...well...nature.

Oh, and migrants are arriving.  I need more beds.

The third tavern's terrariums and aquariums are full of tiny creatures.  I assume the citizens enjoy such cute tiny animals.  Such as the pederpes.

POWER!  PURE POWER!

On the 9th of Malachite the Silken Company now requires a Guildhall for them.  They were a Woodworker Guild.  I approved of course.  We have one already smoothed out large chamber I can start working on.

And the humans are leaving.  The Traders anyway.  Not our humans.

On the 22nd of Malachite I have been told that Kol is now depressed.  And is attending a meeting.  I hope the Mayor can help him.

Oh no.  A Wrestler named Shem Eturgulnas is stumbling about obliviouisly.  I hope this isn't a germ being passed around!  Oh...never mind.  He is just one of the werebisons.

The Silken Company seem happy with their new Guildhall, the Ripe Furnace, and it isn't even finished yet!

On the 2nd of Galena the Weaver, known as Eshtan Floorlabor has been taken by a Strange Mood!  And has claimed a....Clothier's Shop.

Also a goblin has been injured somehow.  We don't know how.  We think it fell somehow, from the roof!

Darn it.  Tried to expand upwards to make the temple into a temple complex but damp rock!  Building walls was too slow and used a hatch to seal it up.

And the Wrestler Shem is stumbling about also.  I wonder what is happening.  Surely we have enough food and drink.

And Autumn has come.  I noticed we only have one Clothier's Shop.  And when the Weaver took it in a Strange Mood we had a issue making new bags and clothing.  So I ordered a new one be built.  On the roof so we'll have to make walls and roof over it.  Need to protect the folks from the rain and the sun and the bugs.

Amost Craftdied

« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 10:52:38 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2023, 03:12:02 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Thirty

This report covers the Autumn of 255.

Hmm.  May have a problem.  The Weaver who took the Clothier's Shop isn't doing anything.  We think they need rough gems but I think most of them have already been cut.  Uh oh.

And the Mayor has banned the export of bracelets. 

The caravan from Olin Nonub has arrived along with the ouppost liaison.  I can't wait to see what the Homemountains have sent us!

Ordered some pots of booze to the Trade Depot along with some unused mechanisms.

Oops.  I think the Weaver needs CUT gems!  I have ordered some worked on right away!  But they are sure taking their time.

So, we bought some cut kunzites from the caravan.  Along with some sheets, some yarn, and some Plump helmets.  Can never have too many helmets, of course!

And it worked.  The Weaver is MOVING!  No doubt to grab the cut gem.

Yeap.  She is working on something alright.  Wonderful.  Don't have to kill her.

Seems your Highness also wish us to export handwear.  We'll see what we can do.

And the Weaver has finished.  She has completed a Frilly Woolly Mammoth Fur...Toga.  Wow...worth 8300 credits.

On the 3rd of Sandstone the miner guild, the Hall of Hollows, are asking for a Guildhall.  I have agreed.

And they approved of it before it was even finished.  I wish the Temples were as easy to make as the Guildhalls.   

And the mines have grown greatly.  Now that we are below the damp stone we can dig as deep as we want.

I have also created two new squads.  The Geared Drinks and the Steels of Metal.

Migrants have arrived.  So we will go from 198 to...eh...199?  One migrant has arrived?  Weird.

I also assigned one of the pre-made Temples to Em Dessertrhyms.  Who is linked to music and has eight worshippers.

Maybe it is just me.  But I can't get use to some of our visitors.  We have a Human Monster Slayer sallow zombie visiting our settlement.  Is it dangerous or just a harmless visitor?

Also I have mandated beds be made.  We need them anyway.

Also one of the raptors have been found dead.  And rotten.  I wonder what happened to it?

And we killed another Parasaurolophus who came too close to the settlement.

I have received news, on the 22nd of Timber, that the Miner Dastot Dishmabthukkan, had been taken by a fey mood.  She has taken over a Stomeworker's Workshop.  Which makes sense.

And started working on something shortly afterwards.

They still have not expanded the Church of Avalanches to be counted a temple complex yet.

Winter has come and we now number 200 citizens.  I hope that will be enough.  And I think I will erase many of the work orders to allow the folks free time.  Time for a Winter Holiday!

Amost Craftdied

« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 06:24:49 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2024, 01:42:32 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Thirty-One

This report covers the Winter of 255.

So, with winter I have cancelled many of the job from the list of stuff needed to be done.  There are still some things that need to be done but I'm sure this will allow many of the citizens to have time for themselves.

Good news!  The Miner created a cabinet.  Worth 3800 credits.  Not bad.

On the other hand we now have Kol, a Fisherdwarf stumbling around.

I also mandated more beds be made.

Seems the two werebisons got into a fight and one of them was killed.  Tekkud Risenlimar.  Killed by Shem Eturgulnas, the other werebison, and her lover.

Boy...I feel bad about that.  Also had to send two of the units out to deal with a Parasaurolophus who was attacking one of our raptors.

In fact there is a few that had to be hunted down and killed.  The military are going to have a work out!

And it seems a human was seen sneaking around.  Not sure why they would be sneaking unless they are a spy.  So I sent a unit to kill him.  Well, three units.  And he is dead.  Death to spies!

Just checked on Shem.  He seems happy after getting dressed again.  And I don't think he understands the dead werebison sharing the chamber is his lover. 

Wait....what was that noise?  Oh no.....all units to the surface!  ALL units to the surface! 

The Roc is going after some visitors on the surface while our troops rush out.  I hope the first wave is armed and have some skill.  Otherwise this may be the last letter to leave the settlement!

One Spearperson is down after attacking it.   And a Dwarven baby attacked it and died.  Not the first baby to be born in the Metropolis!  No, not the baby....

NOO!  The Spinosaur Woman was killed!  She went down so fast!

A human recuit went down and a Baroness Consort died.  But the Roc is down and bleeding!

The units all piled up on it.  It is bleeding heavily and exhausted and injured.  Every part of his body is damaged!   It can't fly or even stand!

It just fainted!

It is done.  I will build a Butcher Shop next to it.  At least the wounded can be taken care of now.  Oh, the Geared Drinks and the Legendary Lances need Captains.

Three wounded were brought to the hospital and the staff are already working on them.  We took on a Roc and...won. 

I ordered more beds be made and one of the raptors were found dead.  I hate those duckbilled dinos!

Roc is on the menu folks!

Our menu has a expanded a tad.  Along side the Roc we also added Macadamia nuts to the menu.  We can't plant them so we may as well cook them!  I hope you like pie.

On the other hand we only have one type of coffee.  I think they many have used some of the grounds to make a few cakes.  Not sure about coffee cake.  Sounds kind of.....weird.

Also had a statue of the Roc made and placed on the highest roof.  Funny enough from a distance it looks like a rock.  Hmmmm....

Another floor was made and it will be filled with beds.  I think everybody should have a bed by the end of the year.  Mostly because some people died. 

On the 22nd of Opal a fishery worker guild named the Lush Guild has been created.  And they want a Guild Hall.  I am not sure WHAT to put a Fishery Guild...but I agreed.  Seems the ten members want their own place to ....study fishing?

Also seems we have a few more visitors.  The normal.  Humans dancers, a Goblin Peddler, and a Olm Woman Merchant.

And I ordered a single bed made.  What?  At least I am not asking for solid gold beds....hmmmm...

The Pearl of Oars is small but a nice Guildhall with a few statues of fish.  A Fishery and some tables and chairs.

I noticed that the Church of Snarls, the one dedicated to Omba next door to the Guild, has a lot of worshipers.  Most of them are visitors.

And the Static Sanctuary, the Temple to Vesh, has one lonely visitor.

As we work on the Fishery Guildhall spring has come.  As did the new year.  And we found a dead body.  The Human Bard Tol Tohwotspecut.    It was found outside covered in bee venom.  Hmmm...sounds like one of the duckbill dinos killed him and tried to make it look like the bees did it. 

Amost Craftdied

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2024, 12:58:02 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Thirty-Two

This report covers the Spring of 256.

Party time was over.  Time to get back to work and prepare for any thing or any body who shows up.

We better start working on that headwear order for the Homemountains and the sheets for the humans.

And bad news.  A Scribe, Aban Rigothes, was found dead.  Her dead body was found in a finished goods stockpile.  How she died or why is unknown.

And another raptor has been found dead.  And Militia Captain, Shem, is throwing a tantrum.  But who cares...he is the last remaining werebison and he is trapped.

And the Lush Guild was satisfied with their Hall.  In other words the Fishery Workers were happy.

On the 13th of Granite the elven caravan from Calovi Rava arrived.  We'll see what we have for them.    So going to send 7 rock mechanisms, 25 dumplings, and 65 roc loafs to the Depot.

Oh no.  Lor, a Performer, has been possessed.  He has taken over a Carpenter's Workshop.  And is already collecting the material he needs.  So maybe he will make something and not have to be killed.

And the Elf diplomat has chased me down...so into the meeting I go.  Can't the Mayor do this?  sigh...

The Elves are demanding we limit how many trees we cut down.  I agree though I don't really care.

The Broker has reported that with the food and mechanisms give us over 27513 credits.  So he is getting most of the fruits, plants, wood arrows and bows, because some of our warriors are elves..right?  What else did he get?  Oh, some clothing.  Once again for our many elves.

Funny he withdrawed the mechanisms from the offer and with just the meals alone we were giving the Traders' 26096 credits profit.  I hope they are happy.

Okay...seems they refused out food.  So we're taking everything.  I am so sick of them.  Next time I'm not even bothering to trade with them unless we have rocks.  I'll give them rocks.

The small animals we took will be available to be pets.  The larger animals will be put on the menu.

And Lor has started on...something.

And finished.  Making a wooden....statue?  Uh....wow..  Worth 14800 credits!  Oh...it relates to the killing of Nish by Stutteredhustle the Triceratops in 252.  How sad.  Oh, encrusted with gems and leather and bones.  Weird but I guess that's why it is so pricy.

And on the 27th of Granite we have more imgrants.  Well...one maybe?  We have 200 citizens at this point so let's see how many show up.  So....202 citizens now.  So two showed up.

I have decided to open the Brass Nut, the third tavern, to the public.  While a few citizens visit it seems to be empty.  The space is going to waste so why not open it?

On the 2nd Slate, being mid spring, a dozen or so citizens have gone off to gather fruits and plants from one of the Gathering Zones.  Many got up into the trees and didn't fall down either!

Darn it.  There seem to be a ghost of a Human Recruit running around.  I am not sure if this was reported before or not.  I pretty get them working on a memorial slab!

And soon the ghost is put to rest.  In fact I have ordered all memorial slabs set up, by a grave or not, and others made for those who are dead and have no grave.

I am not sure why but a lot of our visitors seem to enjoy swimming in many of the ponds and streams we have made to drain other ponds.  Weirdos.

Darn it.  The agreement to Establish a Temple Complex for the Amethyst Fellowship has been abandoned.  What did they want?  I tried my best to expand on the smaller temple.  Coins, statues, displays, all kinds of stuff!   If only the workers had moved faster!

Summer has arrived.  And during the last few months I had the citizens work on a outside project.  They emgraved the tiles outside.  It was a test and it seemed to work.  I guess I can do that to all the floors, outside and inside.

Also started expanding the walls and buildings of the Metropolis.  And the library has three bookcases as the first two were full of books and scrolls.  Needed more room.

Tell the shareholders were are now around 202 citizens and I think our only danger at this point is a Elf raiding party.  Yeah, I don't think they like us right now.  What with all the blood and holes and chopped down trees and ditches and above ground buildings and pants all over the place.

Amost Craftdied

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2024, 11:43:16 am »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Thirty-Three

This report covers the Summer of 256.

So summer has come and we have plenty of food, drink, and labor.  So now we just need to make profits for the homemountains.  Right?

So I ordered a lot of rock crafts, some bone crafts, and a few wax crafts.  We have a bunch of beehives I assume we have wax someplace after making all that mead.

And ordered some livestock killed.  We have WAY too many animals.

The human diplomat from Gil Tuco has arrived.  Not sure why.  There seem to be no traders with him. 

Oh, there they are.  The armed guards showed up first and then the traders.  I better see what the deal was with them. 

No trade agreement was made with them so we can trade anything we want with them.  I sent some mechanism, body parts, meat, and so on.  Junk and stuff we don't need or have too much of in other words.

Not sure what to tell the Broker to trade the items for.  We have over nine thousand units of food and over three thousand units of drinks.  Lots of meat, fish, plants, and seeds.  The library is kind of full..but still room for books.  I think the main issue is the need for new clothing.  So maybe bolts of cloth and threads?  And maybe some pants and shirts for the humans?

And Etur was re-elected as Mayor.  Again.

The human broker has talked to our broker about us exporting sheets.  Uh, I guess everybody is making books?  We agree. 

Oh no.  Kib Likotteling, the Cook, has taken over the Bowyer's Workshop.  Something weird is going on.

So we traded our junk for some shirts, socks, and two chests of cloth.  That should help.

I would like some more so I have told the citizens to see if we have any gems, cut or otherwise.

No gems, but 268 dumplings made from Hyphalosaurus.  Which should allow us to buy anthing we want!  They are worth over seventeen thousand.  I told the broker to get all the cloth and thread.  And leather if we could.

We were not able to buy EVERYTHING we wanted but now we should be able to make enough pants, shirts, and so on to make most of the citizens happy.

Darn it!  The horned devils are back!  The units have been ordered out to kill them.

One was killed but the other one is in one of the ponds and the soldiers are having a hard time getting at it.  In fact many have ignored the order and have gone back to the settlement.  So I cancelled it.  Too bad about the folks in the pond, two of which are already dead, fighting for their lives.  They seem to be visitors...so in the end we still have 202 citizens.

Also Kib finished making a crossbow.  Which makes sense....

The visitors fighting the Triceratops all died it seems.  But it was so wounded it can barely move and seems to be fleeing.  Now it is free of the pond I can send out the better units after it.

The soldiers of the oldest units are the best armed, best trained, and best protected.  Soon the horned devil is bleeding, nauseous, winded, over-exerted on top of already being seriously injured.

And it is dead.   While this creature was killed three wooly mammoth calves were born!  And the visitors who died left a lot of stuff behind.  Including books.  Loot!

Mid summer has come. 

On the 12th of Malachite the merchants from Gil Tuco announce they will be leaving soon.

FINNALY!   The Church of Avalanches is a Temple Complex and can have a High Priest.  So I figure we need to pick somebody who is part of the Amethyst Fellowship!  So the old Holy Silver, Asen, became the Exalted Boulder, the High Priest.  But now I needed a new Holy Silver.  So  I decided on Dumed Wardtowers.  She was there...

Both seemed happy.

Wow.   We have a Elf who wants to live here to study.  I have approved the request.  Why not become a center of knowledge?  Must be the library.  We have so many books and scrolls now!

And on the 26th of Malachite it started to rain.  Heavily.  Well, at least we have buildings with roofs to keep us dry.  That's what we get for living in a jungle.

Also noticed something weird.  Outside of the fact we have WAY too many Bards and Poets I took a look at the Chief Medical Dwarf's files.  Their skills have become somewhat rusty.  I think it is due to our warriors either being too good to get hurt in combat or being so bad they get killed.  In fact I also checked out the files on the Bone Doctors and the Surgeon.  And they have the same problem.

And yeah, when I say files I mean the notes I wrote on the walls of my office. 

But they are not the only ones showing a slow decrease in their skills.  There are TOO many workers fighting over who gets to do what.  So their skills are ALL rusting.  Kind of.  Why do we use the word rust in that way?

And Mafol Kelothsin, a Miner, is in jail for some reason.  Eh.  Let me check my...files....

Oh, I put them in jail.  Well, I must have a good reason.  Yes...a failure to fill a order I demanded.

Damn.  Somebody decided to use barrels in the seed stockpiles.  Again.  Gosh darn it.

Autumn has come.  Time to end the letter.  Yes, time to end the letter.   Tell the shareholders how well we are doing!

Amost Craftdied

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2024, 11:30:04 am »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Thirty-Four

This report covers the Autumn of 256.

One of the best parts about settling down in the jungle is no snow during autumn or winter.  Still, we'll have lots of rain.

And yes, we are expanding the walls.  Also we are smoothing out the rocks around the settlement and engraving on them.  So when outside the citizens can see some beautiful art.

I also got the impression that one of the cats was rude to me.  Naaa...

Well, the Liaison from Olin Nonub has shown up, with their caravan, on the 16th Limestone.  I have ordered the Broker to the Trade Depot.  I am going to check our trade agreement and see what they wanted.  Oh, no agreement.

So THEY will be okay with Hen egg buns and Hen egg chowder.  They are our fellow dwarfs after all.  Total value is over 5800 credits. 

So traded it for rope, flasks and waterskins, another woolly mammoth who was male, booze and milk, some more weapons, picks, and some shields.

And the Bowyer has been taken by a fey mood.  Damn it.  On well, at least she only took over a Bowyer's Workshop.

Also attaching our two pumps to a waterwheel to see if I can drain some of the ponds near the settlement to get out a few books.  And the dead bodies of the visitors still in the ponds.

Darn it.  One of the horned devils is near where we are trying to build!  Out go the units!  In fact six were sent out because another one was spotted.  There must be a herd across the river.

And both are dead.

As was the Fisherdwarf Alath who was found dead.  Seems he drowned.  Oh boy.  Not sure whole.  We can't get to the body as it is in the river.

On the other hand the waterpumps seem to work.

Not now!  You stupid horned devils!  Not now! 

Alway, it is the 13th of Sandstone and the traders are leaving.

Oh no.  Looks like a visitor was killed by a meat eating dino.  Need to send out the units again.

And erith has started collecting stuff.  So she won't kill anybody.  And might make a new...bow?  Whatever.  She is working on something.

Darn it.  Seems we have a Ghostly Miner pestering the remaining werebison.  In hindsight that's kind of funny.  Because she was his lover. 

And the Bowyer erith finally finished making...a bow.  And has claimed it as her own.  Can dwarfs even use bows?  It looks like something a elf would make.

And we found a dead Tavern Keeper.  The Keeper of the Pumpkin of Tomes.  Looks like Sibrek was killed by one of the horned devils.  I hate those things.  We'll have to kill it and find a replacement for her.  I picked a Elf Poet.  Eh...we don't have a Performer for the same tavern.  I'll pick another Elf.

What does Pumpkin of Tomes mean?

So, one of the horned devils are dead.  And the other got trapped in one of our cage traps.  Once trained...a little, it will be butchered.  Duh.

Also seems the library needs another bookcase.  Not much room left in there.  I wonder if we need to make a second library?

The ghost was also finally put to rest.  And so winter comes.  Not that anybody notices.  No snow, no leaves falling, no cold front.  Just another day.

Amost Craftdied

« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 11:31:57 am by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2024, 07:37:15 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Thirty-Five

This report covers the Winter of 256.

Time for Winter Feast 256!  I will clear all the work queues.  So people can do...almost anything they want.

I mean, there are still some jobs.  Engraving, farming, hunting down horned devils.  You know, some stuff still needs to be done.

Had to kill a Parasaurolophus. Oh well.

Noticed a lot of our visitors are repeat visitors.  They have relationships with many of the citizens.  Even the visiting undead.  So many zombies.

Also the library has become very crowded.  Four bookcases full of books, two tables, two chairs, a chest, a display, and a lot of scholars. 

At least everybody has beds.  In fact we have a few empty ones. 

Well, out go the squads!  A Ettin, a two headed giant, has come.  Unless the Ettin is more dangerous than a Roc I think we can win.  I plan to station the units between the walls instead of sending them all out at once.  So to create a defense line.   We'll see how tactics work.

Our scouts say it is a female.  Easy to see as it was naked.  And unarmed.  The kids were sent to the Barrow.  I mean, come on, she's naked.  That's not right!

She killed a goblin already.  Visitors seem to be getting in her way and fighting her.  Good?

Okay, she is taking her time.  So I am sending the massed against her!  Wish us well.  All units are going for it! 

Damn it.  It is running in terror!  Just because she got cut and hit a couple of times. 

And she slowed down and we overwhelmed her.  Lon Skilltamed, a Human Axeman, claims the kill for his own.  A few wounded but nobody died.  None of our citizens, anyway.

Oh, and I let the kids out of the barrow.

Seems the Major was attacked by a Performer who got upset.  He is now, from what I understand, going to report the crime.  Seems onul Kikrostdeg threw a tantrum and the Mayor was in the right ...er...wrong place at the wrong time.

Oh no!  She is in the library.  She better not touch the books!  She attacked a female Peasant and she is not bleeding.  Bad!!!  She isn't armed but has a buckler and a crutch.  And is using her fists.  She is a skilled fighter.  This can go very badly.

Avuz, the Peasant, is really injured!  The Performer, even while this was happened, was convicited and will be punished. 

The Peasant ran for it.  And I hope the Guards will arrest the Performer before she does anything else!  No, she attacked a Tavern Keeper!  That's horrible!!!!

The Peasant made it to the hospital.  Thank the Gods! 

Oh.  The Peasant could not breathe and died.  I could not help her.  Murder!!!!

Onul is no longer attacking people and decided she needs a rest.  She will alright.  85 days in prison after a beating.

Well, she got her beating.  Can't breathe.  Can't stand or grasp.  I am not sure she will to go to jail.

She was taken to the hospital and dumped into the same bed her victim died in.

A Planter, another victim, is also in the hospital. 

The Performer is dead.  And the hospital is almost full.  The Performer really hurt some people.  I had to add beds.

Huh.  Mita Soothebind is visiting.  Reciting Poetry in one of the taverns.  Funny enough she is a Dwarf Pilgrim Damned Ghoul who is a visiting Captain Of The Guard. 

The place is a mess.  Pants, socks, chickens, everywhere.

We have started making a wall to encircle the settlement completely while making a tunnel for visitors and traders.

And the liaison from the Mountainhomes has arrived to chat with the Mayor.  The Mayor asked for seeds and the liaison asked for us to export shields and bucklers and thread.

We have also been made a County and I am now a Countess. 

Oh, and  we have a new Mayor.  Ithithi Theyiseecafe.  If that name seems weird that's because the new Mayor is a female Elf.  And now she gets the old Mayor's office, tomb, and dining area. 

And the Potter Eral has become possessed.  Took over a Clothier's Shop.

Also there are no traders.  I think the work on the wall has blocked them.  Even with the tunnel.  Bummer.

Spring has come.  And why is there a dead soldier in the training barracks?  Oh well.  Looks like the Potter is gathering up material.  So Eral won't go crazy.  I hope.

A chicken was chained over the tunnel entry on the inside of the wall.  As a warning system.  And a drawbridge in the tunnel is being linked to a lever.  I hope any future invaders will be dealt with easier.

Amost Craftdied

Ex-Expedition Leader, Militia Commander, and Countess of the Abbey of Blossoming!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Blossoming - Lightly Modded Story (Ended)
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2024, 07:56:34 pm »

Howdy Folks,

I believe I have had fun with Abbey of Blossoming.  But I feel it has come to an end.  It has over 200 citizens, it has a Countess, I had fun with a lot of mods.

But it was more of a gameplay than a story.  So I am moving onto something smaller.  As in maybe 20 dwarfs and first person story telling.  Not writing every detail just writing from the point of view of a few of the settlers.  No mods though still slightly modded.  We'll see.  But this has come to an end.

Thank you for reading!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2024, 02:23:42 am »

I enjoyed this fort while it lasted, also dang 200 citizens is a lot for one fort.

What by no mods but still slightly modded?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2024, 08:11:07 am »

I enjoyed this fort while it lasted, also dang 200 citizens is a lot for one fort.

What by no mods but still slightly modded?

Want to limit the next game to 20 dwarves and so on.  No mods from the workshop.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6