Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Abbey of Blossoming - Lightly Modded Story  (Read 7730 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Blossoming - Lightly Modded Story
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2023, 03:57:03 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Fourteen

To : Shareholders

This is a report that covers the Spring of 252.

First, I turned down another Petition from one of the human dancers.  We have no bedrooms available.

A few days later a naked human, named Artuk Flickerskin who claimed to be a Merchant, arrived to visit the Sword-Woman.  It is easy to see he is male.

Seems one of the visiting Bards is also his uncle.  Which is why he may of heard of the tavern.  Maybe?

On the 11th of Granite a elven caravan from Calovi Rava had arrived.  Seems our demand to them has worked.  Now to make sure no wood goods is sent to the Trade Depot.

I call forth all bone crafts to be traded.  I hope, in return, to see if we can get more fruits or maybe interesting animals for breeding.

Damn it...they were unwilling to trade.  Seems they are offended by bones as while as wood.  Forget this.  I am seizing all their stuff.  And they left without putting up a fight.

Not only did we get a lot of useful, and useless, items.  Mostly fruit and a few musical items.  But we also picked up a weasel, which I have put up for adoption, but also a Giant Lion Tamarin. Which will be buthered.

More Bards are visiting.  The tavern has become really busy and I had to turn down a lot of Petitions.

On the 28th of Granite there was a lot of noise to the northwest.  Looks like a Triceratops got into a fight with a Sinosauropteryx and is now in the water.  I am not sure if it can swim or if it will drown.  It seems it dodged a attack by the smaller animal and went right into the stream. 

Dangerous animals but the horned devils are as dumb as trees.  It is like a elephant being scared of a rooster.

We had some interesting visitors during the start of Slate.  Including a Serpent Man, named Dod Smumxuoxo, who was a Merchant.

More fighting between the horned Triceratops and the tiny predator.  The tiny Sinosauropteryx was mutilated by the larger animal.  But the thing is still trapped in the water.  I am not sure how long it can last that way.

Oh, on the 16th of Slate it was pointed out to me that now we have TWO types of coffee.  Arabica and Robusta.  Good times.

Well, Feb has been found dead.  Went sober and dehydrated himself to death.   How sad.  Right outside the tavern walls.  Well, we have lots of graves ready.

Idiots.  They only buried part of Callisto's corpse and now we have a ghost.  They will have to do it again!

And she was put to rest finally.  Funny, she just seemed to hang around the new kitchen workshop in the new dining room. She didn't do anything bad.  I guess she was micromanging the cooks?

Of course imgrants had to show up in laste spring.  At least we have bedrooms being made.  And at least maybe an old one available somewhere?

So to list them all.  There was Zon Sealveiled, a male Stoneworker.  Touugh with high stamia.  He is going to be so bored.

There is a female named Zuntir Realmgilt who is a Mason.  Seems to be good with languages and has a high social awareness.  Also envious and humorless.  Great.

There is a Armorer named Imush Glovesdrings who is clumsy and disdains knowledge.  Wonderful.  I made him the new Broker.

There is a female Clothier named Udib Silverproblem who disdains craftwork and is anger-prone.  Oh perfect.

There is female Clerk named Urdim Ringedroots who I made the Book Keeper because it seems she was a Master Record Keeper.  I gave her a chair and table in the dining room as her office.

There was an Animal Caretaker named erith Keyvalley.  Who was weak and frail.  How can he handle the animals then?

Then there is a Peasant named Moldath Manorcounselled.  Strong if clumsy.  Not sure where to put him.

There was also Onget Blotsack, a male Woodcutter.  And his spouse Kulet Gleamabbey.  A Furnace Operator.  As we do plan to have a wood furnace that's not a bad worker to have.

There is also the Miner named Asen Castledaub.  And his spouse Olon Risenquakes.  A Dyer.

There is also a Metalcrafter named Litast Fencetold who is proud, cheerful, and ungrateful?  She isn't going to be happy when she finds we don't have any metal industy yet.

A female Gem Cutter named Dum Wardtowers.  Not many bad traits.   So off to the military?

Then a Craftsdwarf named Reg Workglories.  She is tough but also has poor spatial sense. 

And a Woodcraft named Uvash Blockedrelic who disdained leisure time, tradition, and merriment.  Please, please, please, stop sending us your trashy citizens!

Plus three children.  And a juvenile Utahraptor, a chick, a water buffalo calf, a juventile Troodon, a juventile Compsognathus, and a llama.

So I tossed a few into the squads to give them something to do besides complain when they found out how horrible it is here.  Also picked one of them to be the Broker.

So I am trying to use the water pump to empty half of the pit into the other half of the pit.

Then a Honey Badger showed up.  Why?  Was it heading towards the tavern?  I ordered all squads to go after it!  Oh, some of the elfs and even some of the humans joined in.

Funny enough it ran into the river and, somehow, shoved out or scared off the horned devil.    As it seemed injured the chase has been called off.  I don't want a bunch of tired warriors running into any other dangerous animals.

On the 14th of Felsite one of the children, Urdim, was killed by the horned devil.  We were better off when it was in the river.  We need to kill it but we don't have the equipment or skilled soldiers to do it.

Damn it.  The honey badger is in the trade depot!  I sent the squads out again!  Just to chase it off.

Oops.  It run into the settlement and got ganged up on.  The honey badger is dead.

One of the kids, Zuglar Lancerwashes, is in the hospital.  Not sure how she was injured.  But her left upper arm was cut open and her left hand was bruised.  As long as she gets some rest and the medical staff works on her things should turn out okay.

I keep getting reports about fighting.  Mostly among the guests.  But I never seem to get there in time to figure out what it going on or who started it.

Okay, the horned devil is causing too much trouble.   I am going to assemble the squads NEAR it and then try to attack it in mass.

Well, I had to dismiss that plan and order the soldiers into attacking it right away.  The idiot settlers were attacking it on sight while the warriors were still assembling.  I am not sure how many will die.  Pray I survive.

I am amazed.  Two of the soldiers approached the horned dino and somehow killed it.  It is DEAD!

And Reg, a Craftdwarf, has been taken by a mood and claimed a Craftsdwarf's Workshop.  And she started building something.  Well, at least she won't go insane.

It is the 24th of Felsite.  We almost have one side of the pit walled off.  And Kulet finished making...well...looks like a crown.  A mahogany crown.

I guess it is okay. 

So, we finally hit a level of stone that isn't damp.  We also have four bedrooms next to the dining area.

And are making more over the temple.  One of those bedrooms without walls kind of things.  At least they will have a bed, a place to store their outfits, and a roof.

And we need more temples.  People are complaining.  They want pray to certain Gods or Goddesses.  Picky.

We also have more adult war raptors and we have expanded on the bee hives.  Too bad about the stress and the murdered citizens.

So, to summerize, we have killed a horned devil, we had a ghost, we robbered from the elfs, we have a bunch of new settlers, and we have TWO types of coffee now.  And we have a populace of 46 citizens.  And we may have stone now.

Ever Loyal to the major shareholder King erith Gikutzulban,

Amost Craftdied

Expedition Leader, Militia Commander, and Manager.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 12:18:53 pm by callisto8413 »
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2023, 04:21:45 am »

Robbing the elves is always a good, gotta keep the tradition alive.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2023, 02:58:43 pm »

we robbered from the elfs, we have a bunch of new settlers, and we have TWO types of coffee now.

soon, coffee shops will fill the landscape. "This unique coffee was actually partially digested by a velociraptor! The reptilian stomach acid exposes the inner grains, allowing for enhanced flavors, including notes of fava bean and chocolate pudding."

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2023, 10:21:17 pm »

Sadly, no dog flipping yet.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2023, 06:27:21 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Fifteen

This is a report that covers the Summer of 252.

The Miners have started digging out, what we hope, is safe and dry tunnels.  We had to dig down another level to finally find dry stone.  And some limonite.  Which is nice.

Also another horned devil is causing trouble again.  We need stone to help use make traps.  Cage traps.

On the 9th of Hematite I was alerted to the fact that the body of Nich Likotakman's body has been sighted in the river.  On one hand that is horrible.  On the other hand she was a miserible little kid and the world is better off without her. 

There was also some bones nearby.  We assume they are the remains of a animal.  As we don't think anybody else is missing.  I assume the kid was killed by one of the horned devils.  Or pushed in by one of the settlers. 

We may have to make a memorial slab for her.  We will unlikely be able recover the body.  We will try.  But getting a corpse out of a pond is one thing.  Getting a corpse out of running water...

We finished making a Wood Furnace and I have ordered the building of a Metalsmith's Forge and a Kiln.  We have a lot of clay, wood, and now iron ore.  So why not?

And I also ordered they build a Smelter.  Almost forgot that.  Haha...

On the 19th of Henatite a skull totem of one of the Triceratops was put on display.  To show that the horned devils could be killed.  To be honest we have killed a few of them.

And I have ordered at least one cage trap in the southeast where they seem to like to hang out.  I will likely order cage traps in certain areas AWAY from the buildings where they like to run about.

I have also order a clay statue to be made and some ore to be melted down and turned into iron.

And, of course, right when things are going well, on the 5th of Malachite we have migrants. 

Why!  WHY!  Oh well....

The first to come over the western horizon was Kogan Shortwheel.  A male Furnace Operator.  Who...we need.  That's lucky.  He is patient and recovers quickly.

And after that was two children.  Wait...his kids.  Why are families coming here?

After that came Iton Pillarbulbous a female Armorer.  Who was stroing and had high stamina.  And a accomplished armorsmith.  Good.

Then there is a Gem Cutter, a female, named Asmel Chambershade.  We don't have a gem workshop yet.  But the more we dig the more likely we will find stones that could be cut into gems.  We'll see.

Then there was a Peasant named Tulon Clodmined.  Hauling it is!

And then there was a female Carpenter named Cog Lizardlashed.  I assume her parents hated her.

There was also a Gem Setter named Asmel Staffclapper.  I think him, and the Gem Cutter, will be asked to help in the mining. 

And a male Trapper named Lokum Lenswill.  As we have started to put out traps this is a good thing.  Maybe I am wrong to complain?

They also brought a juvenile Deinonychus.  A pet named Sarvesh Roastedcity. 

And we have iron bars.  I am thinking maybe swords and mail shirts.  At first.  To replace the leather armour for some of our soldiers.

Well...this is weird to write down.  On the 19th of Malachite we were visited by a Spinosaur Woman Bard named Rithod Blamelessbewitched.  I am not so sure about this visitor.  Something about the name bothers me.

And on the 21st she asked to reisde in the Village and I said yes.  Call me crazy but think of the draw having a dinosaur Bard!  Think of the press!

And it finally happened.  The Amethyst Fellowship has demanded a Temple and a Priest.  I have agreed.  Because, to be honest, I plan to cheat.  I plan to make the Temple in the mines so it can be made of stone.  Smoothed out, engraved, and even have iron doors.  Stone tables, chairs, and maybe a statue or two.

Also we noticed a corpse in one of the ponds.  Belonging to Oda Wamaelifa.  I had a underground chamber dug out next to it.  The idea being we could make a water pump next to it, drain the water into the underground chamber, and get at the body.  How had the Elf Poet end up in a pond?

I then ordered the water pump to be dismantled to be moved to the pond.  And....that left a hole in the wall.  We had to make a wall for the hole in the wall to keep the second pit, which was full of water, from flooding the mines.

This blocked the ramps to get out of the mines so another tunnel had to be made to already existing stairway.  One of the stairs used to probe the soil.

On the 10th of Galena I received a Petition from a troupe, the Razors of Affection, to reside in the Village.  I accepted.  I think it was only one human.  Still, we now have 56 in the Village.  We better get some of those beds finished.  Or started on!

And the clay statue I asked for has finally been finished and put in the tavern.  Oh...it turned out better than I thought it would.

And early Autumn has come. 

So we have working mines and are working on a temple.  And more beds.

Plus a small iron industry.  And clay crafts can also be made.  Along with wax.  No mead yet. And Gems are now being cut and so on.

And we have lots to drink.  Also the food is around 1261 units.  Which is enough to feed our populace for...well, for awhile anyway. 

And a dinosaur Bard!  Don't forget that!

I have also been thinking about if we get future soldiers.  I do have bows...and can forge mail and weapons for humans, goblins, and even elves.  If need be.

Amost Craftdied

« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 06:59:35 pm by callisto8413 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2023, 03:22:27 am »

so is there dinosaur leather? can you equip various badass looking shields and leggings / armor pieces? dinosaur fortress is genuinely a great idea, the more I read about it.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2023, 05:00:04 pm »

so is there dinosaur leather? can you equip various badass looking shields and leggings / armor pieces? dinosaur fortress is genuinely a great idea, the more I read about it.

While we have killed some of the dinos we have not been able to butcher them.  Once we get a few into our cage traps, and tame them, then we can butcher them and maybe get leather.  We'll see.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2023, 02:29:37 am »

I can't remember is all leather the same or do different types have different properties?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2023, 06:55:15 am »

I can't remember is all leather the same or do different types have different properties?

They have the same properties.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2023, 05:05:45 am »

I read somewhere that they could be fireproof depending on what critter the leather came from.

Or has this been discovered to be not true?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2023, 02:28:29 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Sixteen

This is a report that covers the Autumn of 252.

So, I have made two decisions.   One the dining room will be turned into a tavern JUST for the Villagers.  In other words, citizens and long-term residenets will be the only ones allowed to use the Helmed Belly.

And Fikod Adiltun, the Cook, skilled liar and conversationalist was appointed the Tavern Keeper.

Two, that the stray wassel that we took from the elves should be released from his date palm wooden cage.  So a lever has been made and will be used, once linked, to release him.   If we can figure out how to link it to the cage.

Also, bad news, Urvad Lancerbeaches has been taken over by a unknown force.  And seems to have claimed a workshop.  The Leather Works I have been told.

I have mixed feelings about this.  Oh, and he is making something.  So he must have found all the material he needed to make....whatever he is making.

I accepted the Petition of another human soldier.  Named Bekdil Dofbithar.  A Axeman.  He will join his fellow human in the Ferocious Coal.

It is the 9th of Limestone and the caravan from Olin Nonub has arrived as has the outpost liaison.

Also I have ordered the wassel to be butchered and eaten.  I can't figure how to link the lever to the cage but I figure a hungry dwarf can figure out how to open any cage.

I've ordered some of our bone crafts and wooden items to the Trade area.  And some of our toys.

I told the outpost liaison Rimtar we don't really need anything imported.  But it seems the Homemountains want armor and....cheese.  I don't really want to know what kind of fetish they have developed back home but I will order some leather armor and maybe iron armor made. 

They brought us stone.  I should of figured.  So I decided to give them our goods as a gift.

Funny I can't seem to offer them anything.  Anytime I try to pick something to give them it is no longer a gift.  Weird.  Anyway I traded our stuff for stone.  Feels like a waste but what can you do?

While this was going on the crazy Urvad finally finished making....a chicken leather head veil.  I need a drink.

Also trying to figure out how to get the damn body out of the river.   Oh, and the dead elf we got out of the pond had a book.  Interesting.  We may set up a small library.  Very small.

Also, migrants.  Oh well.  List time.

First there was Bomrek Ringcribe a male Bowyer.  Who was tough, orderly, and had a good memory.

There was also Ast Honorrooms a male Pump Operator.  How many of those do we have now?

Then there was the female Wood Burner Aban Craftclear.  Who was a brawler with low stamina?!?!  Intertesting.

There was also a Armorer who was named Stukos Vesselfins.  He was...oh boy.  Impatient, had poor intuition and low stamina.

There was also Shem Boulderislands.  A male Wax Worker.  Who was tough but disdained cunning and peace.  And was bad with words.  Lovely.

There was a female Woodcrafter named Morul Claspsoothed who was weak and greedy.

Then there was Vutok Roeptorch a female Gem Cutter.  Who was also bad with words and anger-prone. 

There was also Dobar Cobaltroared a male Leatherworker.  Who was Dutiful and Shameless? 

Now we have 65 villagers.  Funny enough they brought no pets.

We were finally able to gift a few items to the Merchants.  Seems only items made in the Village could be sent as gifts.  My bad.

After that the Broker was told to go do something else.  The traders have nothing else we want.  Maybe next year we can get something interesting.  As I have asked for nothing special they should bring a mixture of goods.

Also assigned the older raptors we came with to warriors.  Two to dwarfs and two to the human warriors. 

Everytime we try to get the kid's bones out of the river somebody almost drowns!  I am making a bridge right next to the pump.  Maybe next time they will end up on the bridge and not in the water.  Hint - they still get pushed into the water because the idiots use the bridge when the pump is in action.

On the other hand we now have a library and Zuntir was named a Scholar.  Well, we made a hallway into a library.  But it works.  I do wish they would stop undressing and dumping their worn clothing.  Could we go one season without finding somebody's pants on the floor?

Also we have the dead elf's book.

We also have a Soap making shop.  But nobody seems to know what is needed to carry the lye?  Do we need a jug or bucket?  Why can't these idiots use words?  Just tell me they need a bucket.  And what IS lye?  We don't have lye.  I think.

Oh, it is Mid-Autumn and the caravan is getting ready to go.

I also noticed buckets everywhere.  But they are full of water.  Water gone bad.  Why can't they just empty those buckets and use them?  Must I think of everything!

Also I have named the future temple for the Amethyst Fellowship the Church of Avalanches.  The workers are STILL working on it.  But it also has two iron doors and a coffer.  We just have to toss in some tables, chairs, maybe a place to worship.  Then pick a priest.

I have also decided to fill out the squads with those that have skills while ordering a selection of iron weapons for them to pick from.  And the taverns need Performers and the library needs a janitor...er..Scribe.

The second tavern has been renamed the Berries of Lashing.  We had to rezone it.

Ordered the building of a proper Bowyer's Workshop and another Still.  I want to make sure we have plently to drink.  And we already have two Kitchens.

And FINALLY one of the Villagers, Captain Etur, went hunting.  Which reminds me we need a target area for the crowbow soldiers to practice.  I order one made on the roof.  The sun will do them good.

It is the 9th of Sandstone and the traders are finally leaving.  Next time may they bring us many fruits, animals, and maybe a book or two.

Well, the idiot Captain ran out of bolts for his crossbow and we now have a wounded Parasaurolopus running around JUST outside the Village.  So I have ordered one of the squads to finish it off.  I HOPE they can handle a seriously wounded and tired overside duck.

They killed it and I built a Butcher shop next to it on the hopes SOMEBODY might cut up the new corpse?

Also there are more reports of some of the Hunters going after the duckbills.  And one of them ran into a horned devil.  Why?  Why do they always go after the dangerous ones!

On the 3rd of Timber, late Autumn, Meng the Carpenter was made into a Performer for the Church of Avalanches.  He was a member of the Fellowship.  At this point the worshipers agreed that the Temple looked good and a true priest, given the title of Holy Silver, needed to be picked.  I selected the Miner, Asen, to be the Holy Silver.

And one of the duckbills have finally gotten into one of the cage traps.  I have sent the dino Bard to tame it.  So we can butcher it!    And building the butcher shop next to the other dead Parasaurolophus worked.  Dino on the menu!

And one of the Hunters is going after a Carbonemys.  A big turtle from what I understand.

Lots of them running around.  The Hunters wound them but rarely finish them off.  I had to send out the soldiers a few times to kill the wounded things.  And collect all the iron bolts.

We HAVE had a few issues.  The raptors keep fighting each other.  I had their underground pen expanded.  I figure it is a issue of too many animals in too small a space.

Also one of the Woodcutters had a little accident.  Seems they cut down a tree in which some of the logs got trapped in the branches of a nearby tree.  When THAT tree was cut down the logs came down and hit the ground with so much force the Woodcutter was tossed a few feet through the air.  In other words there were explosions.  Don't worry about the Woodcutter.  They were knocked out for a few moments but outside of shock and lungs full of dust they survived with little damage to themselves.  Outside of their pride.

Still, we need some classes on proper ax usage. 

So, winter has come.  And a male human named Cika Vigorprince is visiting the publice tavern.  He announed he was a Human Criminal...I didn't realize that was a job among the humans.  Seems to be wearing a skirt and a tunic.  And is crying at the moment.  To be honest none of my business.

The second tavern, which is for villagers only, has been given a grown custard apple ilifa.  In other words a huge stationary stringed instrument.  You play it with a bow.

We also put a Triceratops bone crossbow on display.  Once againm to remind our citizens who rules this place.  We do!

Also any space we can place a bed in has become a shared bedroom space.  I am not joking.  Folks are walking on beds.  Some of the beds with other folks in them. 

Besides the new Jeveler Workshop and Soap Maker's Shop I have also ordered a second Carpenter's Workshop and have ordered the outside Butcher Shop removed.  Things were too far away from either of the kitchens and things were going rotten.  I have also ordered more underground storage to be dug out.

Still we have plenty of hen egg stews and platters, pig lung platters, many types of fish stews, pig kidney mash, pastries, quiche, buns, meat cakes and other items to make our citizens happy.  Along with our many types of booze nobody should go without drink or a meal.

Amost Craftdied

« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 02:35:47 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2023, 04:34:52 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Seventeen

So, I have been asked to send some information for the shareholders about the citizens, livestock, and current visitors and wild animals in the region.

I guess I'll write up the data and add it to the winter package.

As you can see most of the citizens are doing...okay.  Some are upset.  But we're doing okay.  Also with all the humans we might need to start making clothes that fit them.

The next list will be livestock.

Please remember that as I write some of those animals are being sent to the Butcher. 

Now, as for the visitors and wild animals, I can show a list but I doubt it is very helpful. 

Due to one of them SAYING they are a criminal I am thinking we may need a Sheriff soon.  And a new Messenger.  It would be nice to have more traders.  Maybe humans?  And we may need more squads to keep people busy also.

Also, if you hear any rumors of somebody puking...I'm trying to figure out who is going about doing it.  And the blood is mostly from all the wild animals.  So if anybody complains about that via letters home...ignore it.

Amost Craftdied

« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 04:50:32 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2023, 06:43:24 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Eighteen

This report that covers the Winter of 252.

It had been brought to my attention that while the Sword-Woman has a Tavern Keeper and a Performer while the two tavern which is now named the Butters of Paging - yes it had been renamed for a second time - had TWO Tavern Keepers.  So a new Tavern Keeper was selected, Vutok, who is known as a adept conversationalists and a proficient consoler.  The new Perfomer was also selected.  Kulet, the Speardwarf, knowns how to play the strings.  So the perfect pick.

Though the records still show three Tavern Keepers?  Wha....where is the third tavern?

Nevermind.  This season I plan to start working on a windmill, making a road in the inner courtyard, making more bedrooms, and temples.  Oh, and maybe a jail.

And everyone is joining a Squad.  So we now have the Distinct Handles, the Crested Silvers, the Noble Cudgels, and the Helmed Scales.  On top of the Ferocious Coal and the Figures of Twisting.  Now everybody will train.  On and off.  They may, at least, get some exercise and learn how to swing a weapon.  Maybe build up some muscles.

Not to sound insulting but some of the Villagers are pretty lazy, weak, thin, and...they need to work out.

I decided to make the Militia Captain ushrir, of the Helmed Scales, as the new Messenger.  As if he goes on a mission he, and two other warriors, will go off by themselves.  Instead of about ten warriors which we might need.

And I have just been notified that the Captain of the Figures of Twisting, Etur Momuzilid, who is also the Messenger, has been elected the Mayor.  And now he wants a study, dining room, and a lot of stuff.  Oh well.  More building to do.

So I told the NEW Messenger to go to the human Masterthrown to demand tribute.  After taking the other two soldiers and assigning them to the Ferocious Coal.  They had some empty position.  So I hope to get human traders.  And not start a war.

Huh.  The Mayor has demanded we made three bracelets.  So I have ordered the creation of three bracelets.  Of bone.  We have lots of that.

And it looks like the bee hives finally produced enough honey to make mead!  Which the Bone Doctor drank down before it even reached either of the taverns. 

The Messenger is back.  Looks like he totally failed.  So I demanded he go to Stokedsanctums.  This time he better get them to do something!

And he is back.  And he reports we have contacted the Union of Trances, a human civilization.  Wonderful!

Damn it!  One of the horned devils killed Tulon!  Right outside the walls!  I have ordered the first Squad, the best soldiers we have, to kill it!

And it ran away!  So I have ordered the murder of all horned devils near the city.  I ordered three units after it.  It was killed but only after it killed Catten the Hammerdwarf.  And wounded Uvash the Woodcrafter who was taken to the hospital.  Seems her right lower leg was cut open.

Then the three units were sent after the last remaining horned devil.  This one was killed without a death on our side.

Two horned devils down, two Villagers down, one wounded.  Oh, seems the Bookkeeper was also wounded.  Needs a crutch now.

It is late winter and one of the horned devils has attacked a villager.  So the three squads are being sent out again to overwhelm it.  And kill it.  I hope.

And it is dead.  There were no reports of any deaths of our soldiers though some seem to be wounded.  Why else would they go pantless?

Yes, Kel Trusshatchers the Herbalist, had been wounded. 

No, he died.

The Touches of Clustering has requested to become residents.   I assume they are a troupe.  I decided to approve their Petition to replace all the folks we have lost.

Training has been halted to allow many of the villagers to work in the shops and collect material and haul items.  And help build the structures.

The Mayor is now demanding the making of quivers.  We don't have that much leather.  On the other hand we have finished his office and dining room.  So he is kind of happy.  I think.  Hard to tell with males.  The beard covers their expressions.

And early spring had arrived.  Along with the rain.

We are still working on the windmill.  Trying to make a windmill on a building is harder than it looks.  How do the humans do this?

The Major's rooms were finished.  Though there is still holes in the roof.

We have enough bedrooms for everybody.  If you define a bedroom as a bed placed in any space available.   But whatever works!

Everybody but the girl is buried.  She is still stuck in the river.  Only bones now.  We WILL figure out how to get her out if we have to dam the damn river with rocks.

On the other hand no new temples and the roads are still being worked on.  Oh, and no jail yet.  And our populace is now at 64.

Dinosaur is now on the menu.  Prepared Edmontosaurus heart pastries for example are a wonderful addition to the food supply.   As is chopped Parasaurolophus liver chowder.    Yum.  I think the meat pastries go well with the tea.  Though we seem to be less than a thousand units of food.  Not happy about that.

Amost Craftdied

Ex-Expedition Leader, Militia Commander, and Manager.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 06:58:17 pm by callisto8413 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2023, 05:09:19 am »

Dinosaur is now on the menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6PkDHuaXi8

life is good at the Abbey. a utopic paradise. just dont get bit by the fauna

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2023, 10:40:11 am »

Dwarf Fortress - Abbey of Blossoming - Chapter Nineteen

This report that covers the Spring of 253.

So, first things first.  With the humans and one the dino Bard among us I have ordered some clothing tailored to fit them.  We don't need to see them running around naked once their own cloths wear out.

Oh well.  The Eleven caravan from Calovi Rava have arrived.  Time to break out whatever gems we have.  They shouldn't get offended about gems.  Right?

The Broker pointed out we have at least over 5000 credits worth of cut gems available.

I told him to focus on fruits, animals, and food.  And any books they may have.

Turns out they had no books but a ton of fruits and nuts and so on.  We brought everything they had and they still got a profit of over 3000.  As you can guess they were VERY happy about it.  And no wood or wooden objects to offend the pointy ears.

Also both taverns are now properly stocked with booze.  And some foodstuffs.

Oh.  Imgrants have arrived.  The first to arrive from the west was Zasit Cloutbolt.  A wood burner.  With a Utahraptor as a pet.

Morul Tunnelmaors was next.  A male Fishery Worker. Who disdained cunning, fairness or knowledge.  So he won't be visiting library.

Then there was a Dwaren child named Rakust Tourboarded.  Who has no skills.  And tje son of the Fishery Worker.

Then there was another Gem Cutter named Monom Stakesinews.  She is greedy but mostly seems to be a patient person.

Then there was a female Dwarf named Zasit Palacesyrups.  A Animal Dissector.  Not sure where we'll need her.  But she does know a little about Germ Cutting and Bone Carving.

Then there was a Weaver named Eshtan Floorlabor.  Seems she was also a good cook and wound dresser.  Too bad she is frail.

The next was a  Bone Doctor named Ducim Boltblushes.  Maybe add him to the staff of the Hospital?

Then there was a Engraver named Tulon Safetykey.  She was humorless BUT was resilient and good with language.

And a pig.

Also another horned devil is causing problems.  Out goes the First Squad!

The damn thing was so fast.  It had been a whole day and they could not catch it.  I had ordered ALL units out to kill the thing.

Also a new craftsdwarf guild has been formed named The Inky Guild.

Good news!   The milirary overwhelmed the damn thing and killed it.

Darn it, I lost track of the imgrants.  Oh well.  Seems we now number 83.  I need more beds.

Oh, and a human soldier was permited to join the town.  Yes, we are a town now.

Also the Inky Guild wants a Guildhall.  I approved it.  And the traders are leaving now.

I order a large room to be dug out in the mines.  It will be the new guildhall.  Maybe place some workshops in it after smoothing it out and engraving it?

We have selected a Captain of the Guard and a Dungeon Master.  Now we need more offices, and dining rooms, and a jail area.

Oh boy.  A Albertosaurus has been spotted.  I sent out the squads.  All of them.

It is dead but at the cost of the new human soldier.  A Baroness Consort?  Oh well.

There are two others.  One Albertosaurus is caged.  And another is still running around.

Had to sent out some soldiers again.  A badger! 

Well, it is dead.  But now something worst has appeared.  We have to overwhelm it before it wounds somebody.  All squads will be sent out to kill it!  And the eyes glow red!  RED!

It killed six of our populace.  But then changed into a dwarf and was killed.  Now we have to examine the wounded and see who needs to be isolated.  I just have to see who visits the hospital and then put them in one of the mine tunnels and block it off.

Thank the Gods I survived.  Also may I request how Heroic I was be written in my records?

Also this means a few sightly used beds were made available. If only I could charge extra for the warmth!

I order more graves dug out and more caskets made.

After checking the wounded only TWO seemed to have been biten.  The rest were thrown around.  Seems the werebison liked to use wrestling moves.   They will be put in a squad together and then station in a "important" chamber in the mines.  To guard.

Also the Mayor has also taken the title of the Hammerer.  Not a good sign.

Now I have a report that the Bone Doctor Ducim has been possessed.  Seems to have taken over the Stoneworker's Workshop.  One of them anyway.

Well, he seems to have started working on...something.  So I don't have to kill him.  Great.  A somewhat interesting bracelet that shows an event where a Triceratops killed a dragon.  Okay...these horned devils are more dangerous than I thought they were.

And the weres...maybe weres...have been walled in.

And on the 21st of Felsite, with the next full moon, we had our answer.  No one will be unwalling THAT room.

We collapsed a wall into the river to try to make the section the dead girl is in a small pond and drain it.  It failed and the dwarf to dropped the wall fell in and ALMOST drowned.

And summer has arrived!  Still working on the Guildhall.  And the windmill is having issues.  We seem to be having problems linking it properly.  But I am SURE we'll get right soon!  Oh, and the semi-trained Albertosaurus was butchered.  And a lot of petitions were turned down.  If more of the populace are killed I may approve a few petitions in summer.

Amost Craftdied

Ex-Expedition Leader, Militia Commander, and Manager.

----------------------------------------------------

OOC NOTE : I looked at the action reports and the Triceratop did not use its horns to kill anything.  Mostly charges and gores.  And we have a history of reports now!  Yeah.  Now if I could pick the memorial slabs from the normal slabs.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 10:53:19 am by callisto8413 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6