Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Endedtreasure: The Anti-Museum - come destroy artifacts!  (Read 9595 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Endedtreasure: The Anti-Museum - come destroy artifacts!
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2023, 05:36:27 pm »

Heh heh heh... Easy points for the scooping-up. Just gotta kill...40 or so undead to get them. I'll be sure to collect some books on the way, in case I die, I can add to the pile.

I'll likely start tonight.

EDIT: Giving Endedtreasure a few offices and sorting out noble jobs (Human Mantaxes must be the bookkeeper, obviously. Hibor is a chinchillaman surgeon, but hasn't been around long enough to have labors enabled, for some reason.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 11:25:25 pm by delphonso »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2023, 11:24:59 pm »

So, I have to very suddenly look for a job. I've updated Endedtreasure itself and made my character, however I'll need the hours this week to send emails and find contacts.

If someone is ready to take a turn tomorrow, I can retire and upload tonight and be ready to pick up what I started in a week or so (shouldn't be long to find work.) Otherwise, I'll play when I can!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2023, 05:25:09 am »

Sorry to hear about the sudden need to get a new job, hopefully a new one will be easily found.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2023, 01:32:53 pm »

EDIT: Giving Endedtreasure a few offices and sorting out noble jobs (Human Mantaxes must be the bookkeeper, obviously. Hibor is a chinchillaman surgeon, but hasn't been around long enough to have labors enabled, for some reason.)

a little bookkeeping never hurt anyone. also, I feel like a chinchillaman would have small hands, good for performing surgeries.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2023, 02:10:21 pm »

I feel like a chinchillaman would have small hands, good for performing surgeries.

Considering what Hibor did to his Demon of Ogo companion, I'm not sure if I'd trust my life in his hands...

"Now, just lie down over there on the floor in that alcove, yes," Hibor said to his patient as his hand shifted slowly towards the lever. "You'll feel nothing, I promise."

"Say, what does that lever d--" *CRUSH*

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2023, 09:32:39 am »

Sorry to hear about the sudden need to get a new job, hopefully a new one will be easily found.

We in, baby. Higher salary and better quality school for the little monster.

Speaking of which, I'll get to work on my new character, hopefully this weekend.

I feel like a chinchillaman would have small hands, good for performing surgeries.
Considering what Hibor did to his Demon of Ogo companion, I'm not sure if I'd trust my life in his hands...

Hibor is more of a mortician than chief medical dwarf chinchillaman, but for Endedtreasure, that sounds just right.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2023, 10:31:01 am »

Ahah, wonderful name! Looking forward to see where Legs takes us.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2023, 01:26:24 pm »

this gonna be good..

congrats. that is a good feeling i bet

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2023, 01:27:14 am »

congrats. that is a good feeling i bet
I second that, and I'm glad to hear it went well!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2023, 05:34:33 am »

So, in retrospect, this could have been done at any time because I played about 10 minutes.

Here is that story:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Look sweetheart, I already told ya. The soup don't come for free.

The cockroachwoman, Legs, is spread out across a cramped kitchen, tending three boiling pots and two fry pans. Her antenna bounce around ingredients and dishes, arms and legs in a flurry of activity.

What, that guy? Look, you don't get it. That guy is Writhe Eatdirt - he's the one this whole thing is about, sugar. He's even crushed an artifact. Two books, whatever they's worth.

Legs puts out 2 cigarettes in a bowl of rice, she was holding them in her 2nd right and left hands. She serves that to you after cracking a leathery egg over it.

You crush an artifact, then you get to eat for free, sweetheart. Until then, you gotta pay like everyone else. It ain't so hard, I hear. Just go out, find somethin' and bring it back. Something about petting a dog seems optional, really.

Her leather apron flaps and a worm-eaten apple falls out. You see she scoops it up with a multi-jointed leg, and drops it in a boiling pot behind her. The soup that's clearly included in the meal is no longer appetizing to you.

Look honey, I'll prove it to ya. I've got a lunch break in 10. I betcha I can find something to crush in time to get back and turn the ovens off.

She pours everything in the kitchen into an enormous breadpan, spits in it, then shoves it into an oven. She collapses to all sixes and scurries out under your table, the apron left behind.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

"Hey darlin' how you doing today?"

The Fated! Calm down, lady!

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

I blame Rakfil for this. I went and visited the beautiful campsite, found a dead capybaraman and took 2 steps on the world map to be murdered by Sundersang.

Apparently she's still upset about however her music career ended.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Legs Greasehands: thoroughly squashed

Save is here!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 05:36:30 am by delphonso »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2023, 06:09:47 am »

Yikes! That was a fast one.

Poor Legs, but hey, at least something was squashed, even if it was her body.

Edit. Who's the next on the list, btw?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2023, 03:13:01 pm »

that was ... hilarious. and relatable.

Look sweetheart, I already told ya. The soup don't come for free.

-snip-

She pours everything in the kitchen into an enormous breadpan, spits in it, then shoves it into an oven. She collapses to all sixes and scurries out under your table, the apron left behind.

this part felt like... the first act of a 90's blockbuster action flick. amazing!!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2023, 10:52:43 am »

Yikes! That was a fast one.

Poor Legs, but hey, at least something was squashed, even if it was her body.

Edit. Who's the next on the list, btw?

It's fun making goofy, terribly optimized characters for this world, but you do often end up being merc'd by something as small as a capyman.

Legs' score is a bold -1 - having killed my only companion: Chompy the cavy.
Also I didn't realize until now, that Sundersang killed me with a backpack...my OWN backpack.

The list is wide open. I'm totally cool with you taking another turn, as you likewise met a quick end. I'll be out until mid-August, but am eager to take another go at this as well.

this part felt like... the first act of a 90's blockbuster action flick. amazing!!

This was narrated almost exactly like any TTRPG character I play - gotta make a roachperson NPC sometime soon.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2023, 10:59:22 am »

The list is wide open. I'm totally cool with you taking another turn, as you likewise met a quick end. I'll be out until mid-August, but am eager to take another go at this as well.

Hmm, I might try to give a new go... But I've been having problems lately getting any DF stuff done, so if someone else wants the turn, that's probably for the best.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]