Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: SeaMenace, A community Ship - Back to raiding  (Read 23282 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: SeaMenace, A community Ship - A brief rest stop
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2023, 02:05:07 am »

DOH. indeed, I just noticed it was only 6mos ago I asked.....
yeah given the time between updates I think we can forigive you heh
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: SeaMenace, A community Ship - A brief rest stop
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2023, 11:14:02 am »

SPRING 265
Ah, once again the aimless and indeterminate nature of our journey takes its toll, but yet, it continues.  Wind may rise or fall, and the pace of the journey with it.

Our maintenance and outfitting complete, the LionFish and her crew bore south, to strike at the twin fortresses of dangledtaught and lensscorches.

And this is a first, Maloy finally managed to actually fish on the fishing platforms that we purpose built for that 8 years ago.
Spoiler: A Glorious day (click to show/hide)

In anticipation of a year of raiding King Zultan led a chant in dining hall.
Spoiler: Heroic, but nonsense? (click to show/hide)

itching for a fight with feet planted on the solid earth, as a dwarf should be, after our long arduous journey, the raiders arrived at dangledtaught.
Spoiler: DangledTaught loot (click to show/hide)
perhaps we shouldn't be surprised at this point, but who would've expected a foul Necromancer in command of this place... no doubt the towers have spread the tendrils of their dark influence through all the settlements in the bay of comedy.
Not giving the enemy time to react, we sailed down the coast but a short distance to hit the second fort.
It's good to see Salmeuk seems to be fully recovered from the sea battle earlier, and these cowards were easily scattered and broken.
Spoiler: Lensscorches loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: News from the galley (click to show/hide)
unfortunately we have already melted down and repurposed everything from that wretched human ship and her crew.  It amazes me how prodigious the Lionfish's appetite for metal is.

The southern settlements now lay vulnerable before us.  We set anchor and sent out the raiding parties over the following weeks.
we tried to give them a chance to surrender their loot without a fight...
The dwarves of silveryowners refused.  It was regretted.
The others gave up their possessions swiftly after that.
Spoiler: Tribute Recieved (click to show/hide)
An interesting human "instrument" was recovered. What in San's name is a pop you ask?
Spoiler:  it's uh.. a triangle (click to show/hide)
I feel like these humans may have ripped us off..

In the trips back and forth on land our raiders encountered a fearsome night creature prowling these lands!
Spoiler: Werepanda! (click to show/hide)
well, maybe not that fearsome compared to our crew.
safely back aboard, with all loot in tow, the raiders took a well deserved rest.

While they were gone an elven caravan, of all things had visited
Spoiler: Unexpected traders (click to show/hide)
Having heard that we were docked somewhere nearby, they had travelled up the coast looking for us, no doubt hearing of the great wealth we had obtained on our travels.
Well, I say loot isn't much good if you can't buy anything with it!  We traded for some mundane items, food, drink, cloth and such.
One of the elves however passed us a message, reputedly a call for help from a fellow dwarf of the lustrous spear!
we were confused why we should care about such trivialities, but it turns out the New Fellowship is devoted to worshipping Osod the clean, a deity of death and children. Logem Judgebust had been taken prisoner at the nearby human town of Slyobey, presumably any god of death stands at odds with necromancers who would seek to defy it's inevitable grasp.
Being held prisoner in the old monastery above the town, the Elves passed by that point, trading with the guards there.  Logem managed to get one of their pointy ears, and upon hearing of our ship being in the area, traded some fine microcline earings he was wearing in exchange for them to deliver the message that he needed rescue.
Well! Let no one say the crew of the Lionfish shy away from a fight, and this excuse is as good as the next!

As summer ends we steer north, to assualt this impudent town.
Spoiler:  Our route (click to show/hide)

A member of the crew, Kei, has taken to running what we could call our tavern in the main deck.
Spoiler: Kei (click to show/hide)
Reciting a poem for the crew, Kei punctuated the end of our summer:
Swish, berry wine, not stone-brew stout? | Upon a ship it’s me,
Sweeter than cave moss mead, no doubt | but lacks its earthy glee.
Unlike the fungus mug, divine, | This tipple tastes of tree,
Sways me more than our underclime | As does the swaying sea.

http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SeaMenace, A community Ship - Back to raiding
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2023, 05:17:08 am »

I'm sure our brave sailors are up for the task of rescuing that guy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
Re: SeaMenace, A community Ship - Back to raiding
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2023, 04:54:09 pm »

by my beard, the elves were useful for once?

I say we rescue them. Having the blessing of a death deity will only be beneficial when we next raid those foul necromancers.

I wonder given our route if Slyobey will be fortifying defences in preparation for raiding. It might be worth ignoring that driftwood the humans call a ship while its in port and strike a little north or northwest of Slyobey to bait it out
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]