Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: THE MONSTER HUNTER GUILD OF SLODIAKUL(MONSTERQUEST) - ADVENTURE SUCESSION GAME  (Read 6043 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png

The next morning, Ostri set out north to the cross the river. Most of his travels were uneventful trees upon trees from the eye can see, however he did found himself travelling through a dune  named the Prime Dune, a barren wasteland, but at least it's  change of scenery.

His travel finally led him to the last hills, From the foot of a hill you can make out cliffside village at the top. 

He climb the steep dirt road and in no time,  enter the village proper.

Ostri, was a bit unnerve on how dead quiet the cliffside village was, how the wood cracked and creaked when the wind passed by, or how the wind it's self kept on singing this low alto hum like wailing ghost mourning it's death.  Ostri carefully moved down the slope. He staggered a bit but was able to regain his balance. He kept on travelling the dirt road passing by the ruins houses that were once a settlement. what brought this village to it's end? War? Famine? Beast? Who knows.  Once Ostri walked down another slope he came across something quite atonishing.  This nartually formed bridged that jutted outwardly into the sky. There was a well in middle of the natural bridge, and far beyond was the end of the bridge. Ostri walked to the bridge

and from his view can see the few trees that scattered the  savanah landscape below, and further beyond a massive river that looked majestic and calming, Ostri imagined the people who lived here thought this landmark was something sacred.

Ostri wonder if the people who used to live here prayed to some sky god or something. The past is past, Ostri thought, and dropped his curiousity of the place and carefully walked down the steep hill and eventually made it out of the site.

6 days later...

6 days have passed, and finally Ostri has made it to Monsterquest. His travels after visting that ruined cliffside village was rather uneventful. Ostri did had to face his fear and swim across the river  when he notice that the river just kept on going for miles further inland.

Ostri  Walked over the gate and saw that he can just climb it. Ostri carefully climb the wall and made it over the wall. Ostri entered the building and was greeted by two statues.

He travel further in, and found an interesting plaza of some guy with a spear and a monster beneath his feet.

Ostri looked around decided to explore the west door. When opened the door he saw a massive room with pedestals lined up around the  walls.

In the middle he saw massive corpse of a boney monster.

Ostri wonder who hunted down this beast. But from the looks of it, it seems like he'll be the second one  to submit.

Ostri walked up  to the pedestal  next  to the skeleton monster. He took out the massive feather from his backpack, and stared at  the pedestal and the feather in his hands. Ostri remembered what his father called him. A failure, yet here he stood, he gentlely placed the feather onto the pedestal.

His journey is at an end.

The Journal of Ostri Ocnanithpa 17th of Hematite, 80

This will be the last of my entry for sometime now, I am currently in Slodiakul's library, they got this pretty looking ice armor thing in some case, not really sure it's story, but I don't really care, looks nice at least.

I also visited the guild house spacious tavern, I must say, it's rather lovely it even has a nice baloney on the second floor over looking the bottom tavern.

For the most part I am happy that I was able to find a home to rest. I am not sure if I want to go for another hunt, maybe  some time down the line, for now. I am pretty content on just resting here for awhile, the food is great the booze is great. So there's no real rush to go out and kill another.

Yup life is pretty good. I also had a  chat with the guild mistress, what was her name? Agen? About the war  that's happening around Slodiakul. She a sure me that the people who built this are not connected to the humans from here. Also two of the elven site are economically linked to the guild. So their won't be any trouble, since they are just neutral in the whole fair.

I still have my doubt, I don't think being economically linked with a human's foe is all neutral, but we'll see what will happened as time goes on.

Ostri closes his journal and head over to the balocney that  over looked the plaza where that statue stands. Ostri smiled, and felt like he was able prove his father wrong. Ostri looked over the statue that he learned from the folks here, that the man over is  some god from some coastal country far south.  Ostri wonder if he can become just like Kima? A god among man, but he washed away such ambitious and just quietly walked over to the tavern to  get drunk and eat some roasted pond turtle.

==================================================================================================================================================
My turn is done, I will be linking the  save soon. I'm curious to see how Quantum Drop, will fair. He'll probably slay a crap ton of beast there's no doubt about it. I was thinking of having every turn end on tuesday, but I might just move it to friday. So, right. Quantum Drop you'll have til friday. 

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15258
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 02:55:23 pm by Luckyowl »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

Well done, Ostri the Archer! You sure showed that bird.

What mods are you using in this world? Bonehelm brute?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well done, Ostri the Archer! You sure showed that bird.

What mods are you using in this world? Bonehelm brute?

Thank you! And the mods I have are, Aeromore mod, Diforged, and spellcraft. Bonehelm brute are these monsters that lived down in the caverns. From reading it's description, it's a skeletal monster whose bones are shaped into an armor.

The thing was actually killed by Dwarf wrestler when I had the cavern opens. That dwarf must've had some strong teeth, because he seriously bit that bonehelm brute to death. Not sure if the dwarf still around though. Was looking for him, but it seems like he wasn't in the guild house.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Your adventure was a fun read. The beast was a titan, correct?

Oh, and how old is this world? I'm surprised there are sites that aren't abandoned with 500 megabeasts, semi-megabeasts and titans roaming around.

I'm honored to see Spellcrafts is on the list of mods. The monster hunting aspect I thought wasnt well developed yet TBH.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile

I have the file, but it may take me some time to play through and write a proper update (damn you, IRL!).
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your adventure was a fun read. The beast was a titan, correct?

Oh, and how old is this world? I'm surprised there are sites that aren't abandoned with 500 megabeasts, semi-megabeasts and titans roaming around.

I'm honored to see Spellcrafts is on the list of mods. The monster hunting aspect I thought wasnt well developed yet TBH.

Yeah, it was a plains titan. The world 80 years old, and I am sure there are some ruined town, hamlets, and forest retreats. There is around 100 civilization in a medium sized world  that I created in PerfectWorld. Concerning the monster hunting aspect not being fleshed out, I am happy to hear any suggestion to make it better, this is my first, so I'm not surprise that I missing something. I'm sort of just going in.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the file, but it may take me some time to play through and write a proper update (damn you, IRL!).

perfect! take your time, no need to rush.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile

perfect! take your time, no need to rush.
Okay, my bad: I don't have the file (seems that I downloaded the file from an entirely different thread while tired as hell. Whoops?) and the Dropbox thing keeps saying I don't have access to the file. Is it possible for you to put it on the DFFD?

I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry about that, I changed the link to DFFD in my 3rd update.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile

There is no grand tale to tell. No big fight, no major victory - just having my head reduced to strawberry jam by a kick from a Forest Titan (ironic, considering I'd already Necro'd another). And then there were all the crashes.

So many crashes.

A warning to anyone playing in the vague north-east (The Land of Temples, specifically): a whole bunch of the shrines there will CTD you, repeatedly and consistently. I don't know why - a look in Legends Mode says they're all Titan-inhabited, rather than some custom monster - but if you fast travel and try to approach them (by d-ing out of FT or otherwise) you CTD.

Good luck, Eric!

Save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15259

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is no grand tale to tell. No big fight, no major victory - just having my head reduced to strawberry jam by a kick from a Forest Titan (ironic, considering I'd already Necro'd another). And then there were all the crashes.

So many crashes.

A warning to anyone playing in the vague north-east (The Land of Temples, specifically): a whole bunch of the shrines there will CTD you, repeatedly and consistently. I don't know why - a look in Legends Mode says they're all Titan-inhabited, rather than some custom monster - but if you fast travel and try to approach them (by d-ing out of FT or otherwise) you CTD.

Good luck, Eric!

Save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15259

sorry to hear  about your death, I was here hoping something grand to come from you, but dwarf fortress is harsh, there is no happy end, there is only just the end...This CTD...Is a first. I wish I could fix it, but the only thing you can do is save a lot and try to be mindful of the possibility of a CTD. Hopefully Eric, can avail.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 04:54:10 pm by Luckyowl »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I'll download it and see what happens!

The crashes seem odd. Titan's don't usually cause crashes. Do any of the mods modify the body_rcp.txt or materials/tissues?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile

I guessed materials too since it was in Titan areas. That said, some legends diving might find what is hanging out in that area. It could just be some critter that happens to be there causing the crash.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Got ahold of the save. Quantum Drop you forgot to retire your adventurer, so I did so at the nearest hamlet. But first I stabbed your zombie titan to death again, as punishment for forgetting!

I haven't had the chance to roll an adventurer myself. Gotta say, that's a spicy errorlog. It would appear from a casual glance that there are indeed changes to vanilla materials/reaction classes somewhere, as it's calling errors for hardened leather for spider queens and water elementment from Spellcrafts. spider queens are an odd case where materials had to be cobbled together to create a creature that is half-mammal half-spider material/tissue wise, but why water elementals and not any other critters from Spellcrafts, which all use vanilla materials, idk.

Other errors include a typo in a critters color descriptor, which might cause a crash if it were to appear in-play and someone opened it's description, and errors relating to ammunition for muskets/cannons in the civs.

It's almost certainly the leather materials/reaction classes changes that are causing crashes with the titans, as RNG critters don't like material changes, but there's nothing that can be done at this point.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 [2] 3