Poll

Is it time for a new fortress?

OH YEAH!!!!
- 5 (83.3%)
No, Still got grudges to settle here!
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Gateheaven: Building the largest world conquest generational fort series  (Read 14995 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*slaps cloning vat* Son, we need to have a discussion about where you came from...

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright here is the save! Good luck Otto!
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17103
The game runs substantially better on this map!
I planned to build a residential quarters on top of the fort, but didn't get around to it. Like Gateheaven feel free to disregard my designs and build how you want. I sort of was just going with the flow and had no plan in mind other than defenses.

I don't think enemies can start invading us until we have 50 dwarves(I set a cap to 30 and planned to accept no more than 30 visitors so we don't ever exceed a pop of 60) so if you feel the military is ready on your turn feel free to start raiding and that'll start the invasion timer early!

We adopted a goblin monster slayer who is an infamous goblin killer, but thats fine with us

Iton got hit by a mood and before I could stop him he grabbed copper to make a metal artifact. I screamed at the top of my lungs because we had a pile of iron sitting right next to the workshop, but thankfully Iton decided to make a stupid artifact!

I had the honors of finishing the drowning chamber

Enemies will have to push through our drowning chamber. It will seal behind them and drown those who are too slow. Those fast enough will have to advance straight into our trap hall.

I did start having the crew work on cutting gems. For some reason a dwarf was trying to cut a sapphire and he somehow turned it into a scepter? He cannot explain his actions and neither can I.

Speaking of our Neblime clone this one is a legendary warrior too!

Despite all my warnings workers insist on taking naps out in the fields outside our fortress! The fools will be the first to die!

With our defenses mostly done it was time to start building military equipment.

Yes, you read it right. I had twenty hives made and installed on top of our fort! Some dwarves were very confused and asked me why I just think they're neat!
I'm in my beekeeping era

Merchants arrived with news: Capital is under siege!

Castle of Luteglen was abandoned which means the vampire that was being held there has been set loose. Gotta keep our eyes peeled.

The merchants took us seriously and freshly milked dwarf mothers before turning it into cheese. Yes, we did buy some.

Hey an artifact

I gave it to Salmeuk and now he has to carry it with him everywhere he goes

I was in the process of installing windows around the surface layer for increased vigilance, but I won't finish before I have to pass on my overseer title. Parts are here though!

Another dwarf napping! The trees are speaking elvish I tell you! You're all gonna die!

When not napping in fields the dwarves like to ponder the vagaries of suicide

Our adopted goblin complained about not getting enough alcohol so we got a tavern keeper. Basically the goblin complained at me and I picked the first dwarf I saw, which was Flint, who at the time was praying to the god of death for sweet release.

Salmeuk is judging other dwarves retelling of his appointment to expedition leader

another problem I leave for my successor: Across the river dingoes are breeding in large numbers and forming their own kingdom. Troglodytes are doing the same.

Human treasure hunters keep coming here. This one is looking for a artifact from Gateheaven

Tonnot went from a veteran on the verge of total insanity to one of the happiest dwarves in the fort. Yay!

If this isn't an necromancer or vampire shave my beard and call me a she-elf

I leave my post satisfied that I have killed many of the surrounding trees and built defenses to butcher our enemies! Let the grudges be fulfilled!
Fortress Tour:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*stares deeply into the artifact smokey quartz gemstone, only drooling a little bit*

.. uhhhh ... huhwhat now? !

Good luck Otto! don't drop me a !!save file!! when ur done

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks! This looks nice. Some calm before the storm. Could be i can't start sooner than in a couple days but i'll let you know when i do

Edits:

Legends time. Ah okay right the Neblime situation is my bad, i forgot to add a "2" to the second one? I think i did that? 'Neblime' Singedlens, male dwarf, was killed by the hydra in 152.
'Neblime' Sabreblazed is from a different civ and settled in Gateheaven in 153. And now there's 'Neblime II' Pickhope, a fresh Earthenjungle dwarf.

There's two 'Salmeuks' (dead dwarf + dwarven child) plus 'Salmeuk the Enduring' (dead) and 'Salmeuk II'. Oohh the confusion
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 05:37:15 am by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!
Zulbanunal - Bannerblunts
Bardumiseth - Fightquests

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile

Good work Maloy!

I am pretty sure that dwarven milk/cheese comes from purring maggots. I don't know if that is better or worse than the alternative...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]