Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: IT'S HERE! Eternal Realms World 2014  (Read 6542 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S HERE! The Plane of Winds Succession World 2014
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 09:14:55 pm »

I'll take a turn. Be warned - it will probably go badly.

How do we feel about tilesets?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 09:34:08 pm »

Sure tilesets are fine, I don't see how they would interfere with future players.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 11:19:45 am »

Alrighty, Due to the !!XXBUGSXX!! in this release, adventurer mode doesn't seem to be panning out.  I can either gen a new world, or we can accept it as a bug and hand it off, hoping it gets fixed before too long.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Meme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 11:32:53 am »

This sounds interesting! Sign me up!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 11:34:44 am »

I guess I can do a crappy fortress, then.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 12:55:40 pm »

Sure tilesets are fine, I don't see how they would interfere with future players.

I don't think there are any tilesets compatible with v0.40 yet.  Some people have tried applying old v0.34 tilesets to v0.40 and it breaks things, in very subtle ways (like not being able to brew any plants).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 01:17:39 pm »

Well I don't really know, I'm a pure vanilla person.  So I cede the point to greycat, who looks like they know what they're talking about.  So don't use tilests.
It was inevitable.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 02:11:14 pm »

Sign me in.
Edited because bug I mentioned may have been on my end.
What was the bug? It's always nice to know what could go wrong.
I had made a world and without my knowledge, it was incomplete. It only has 50 years of history visible in Legends (though there are maps up until to year 100), though it said it was in year 100+. For that reason, one of my miners became the king because it didn't have information about who the next king of my civ became after the last one died in year 50. After abandoning, it crashes every time I try to play the same world.
I had mentioned in this thread that impossibility to reclaim may be a general problem, until I looked over the original generation of the world and saw where history abruptly stops. Turns out, it was only because of my buggy world.
Link.

On-topic: Thanks for adding me.

How do we feel about tilesets?
Yeah, it's probably going to have enough bugs without it knowing what to use for a creature and crash the bug. I usually like tilesets, but if they're buggy, I can work without them.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:20:44 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 05:54:44 pm »

Well, at this point I am doomed to !!FUN!!, so I'll post the save early.  Here is a synopsis.

WringBanner(Ruin)
-----
In 51, The City of Memory of The Hatchet of Phrasing founded Wringbanner.

In the early spring of 68, The Spread Flax defeated The Hatchet of Phrasing and placed the elf Thone Lizardtame in charge of Wringbanner.  The new government was called The Free Sun.
-----

Nigh upon a hundred years ago, the elves took Wringbanner from us.  Now we, The Sabre of Immortals take it back!  As we enter this land Sodel, our miner and warrior prepares to explore this ruin.  But just as we hop off of our wagon, a score of humans spring from ambush!  Our mason was within the walls and cowers in a corner as Sodel charges to the rescue.

Despite being an adequate swordsdwarf, Sodel flees in terror at the sight of twenty untrained opponents.  He screams "Help! Save me!" even as he deftly blocks the single farmer that chased him.

Deciding against lethal combat, Sodel strolls into the heart of the fortress.  Finding dozens of allegedly hostile humans, he walks through without interruption.  Then, he sees a goblin fish cleaner and attacks on his own!  After he strikes down the goblin, the entire room save a peasant and armorer grow terrified.

In Sodel's exploration of the depths, there is an abundance of clothier workshops and looms.  Finding another goblin and slaying it, Sodel cries out "Death is all around us! It is horrible!"

Sodel has fallen.  In combat with the humans, he leaped down the central stairwell.

However after this the fortress went as smoothly as an overseer could hope.  Excavating room for more workshops the caverns were unearthed.  With hardly a dozen dwarves, there wasn't the dwarfpower to develop a military to defend against the deep.
Migrants arrived and perished in trees that they climbed for unforeseeable reasons.  Several made it to the fort and one was drafted to pick up Sodel's old armaments.  A forge was built on the lower levels to process metals.  However it was not to be.

From the Depths!  The Forgotten Beast Lushob Lushobnebin has come! A towering feathered wolf.  It has a curling trunk and it squirms and fidgets.  Its ecru feathers are long and sparse!  Beware its fire!

Wringbanner's second death was mercifully swift.  Even though designs were in place to blockade it in, and route around it, the dwarves were too busy cowering in terror.  The human's presence delayed the beast momentarily, but the living inferno hounded the bearded drunks.

As the fortress died, one last wave of migrants arrived.  Unwittingly they wandered down through the smoke and miasma filled stairwell.  Out of the clouds a plume of fire and a slavering maw emerge.

Wringbanners has fallen once more.

It was inevitable.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 05:56:36 pm »

OH LOOK, Just as I'm about to upload the save to DFFD, 40.02 comes out! And it's incompatible!
I'll just gen a new world and play a quick adventurer.
It was inevitable.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 07:55:43 pm »

OH LOOK, Just as I'm about to upload the save to DFFD, 40.02 comes out! And it's incompatible!
I'll just gen a new world and play a quick adventurer.

Yep same here. I’ve created a new world, will do an adventure too.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 12:15:41 pm »

DFFD hates me right now.  Here is a googledocs link, if that doesn't work could people make suggestions as to how else it could work.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzScvKknsdbJeEhKNmxuUnREYTA/edit?usp=sharing
It was inevitable.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 07:18:26 pm »

DFFD hates me right now.  Here is a googledocs link, if that doesn't work could people make suggestions as to how else it could work.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzScvKknsdbJeEhKNmxuUnREYTA/edit?usp=sharing

Your game is out? OK, I’ll get it going.

Because I started (and covered quite a bit of) the my succession fortress, I’m wondering whether there’s a way I can update the save to 0.40.02..... there may be a single line in the uncompressed files that can be changed.

By the way - you should probably PM people when their turn goes up. Sorry I just got this file. No worries though, I’ll start playing.

Edit: You’ve just given me the worldgen save......... sorry that’s a facepalm for me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:24:29 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S HERE! Eternal Realms World 2014
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 11:28:45 pm »

So is it working?  I was thinking of PMing you if you still hadn't gotten to it by the time you posted on your succession fort.  I figured you wouldn't be playing 2 forts at once.
It was inevitable.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S HERE! Eternal Realms World 2014
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 09:33:30 pm »

SAVE COMPATIBILITY BROKEN AGAIN.

Looks like this may have to start over again. Don’t worry though, we’ll make it sometime!
Pages: 1 [2] 3