Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: IT'S HERE! Eternal Realms World 2014  (Read 6540 times)

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
IT'S HERE! Eternal Realms World 2014
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:01:30 pm »

OH. MY. ARMOK.  IT IS HERE AT LONG LAST!
Unfortunately someone has already beaten me to the punch, already suggesting a succession world.  However, only one person can play at a time, so I think it will behoove us to have multiple games out.  So here is my succession world The Plane of Winds.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Plane of WindsEternal Realms
RULES
1.  Turn length of 4 days since the save from the previous player is uploaded.
2.  Play as much as you want, but limit yourself to two different forts.  We don't want to hog all the good sites from other players.
3.  Don't cheat in a way that will break the game.
4.  Have lots of !!FUN!!

Leave a post if you want to play.  If you want leave a little log of the big events in your Fortress/Adventurer's life.  Also be sure to speak up about any bugs that need squashing.

Turns
1. 10Terrapin01 (Current)
2. CaptainArchmage
3. Cerol Lenslens
4. deepfreeze78
5. MrTimms
6. Alev
7. Lurker Z
8. Ghillis
9. Meme

Bugs
Adventure Mode
1. Game Crashed when I tried speaking to my deity and chose the top option.
2. Looks like Udi Skyroses is in for an early retirement... "site walker could not find walkable area" crashes game repeatedly.  Perhaps a unit in the site was poorly placed?
3. Doesn't seem to work occasionally?

Dwarf Mode
1. Mystery Babies? Made a Topic in Dwarf Mode http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140075.0
2. Cat crashes, while reclaiming a ruin, my game crashed three times since the cats couldn't path to vermin.  I guess I'll have to put up with vermin.  Don't buy cats!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:33:20 pm by 10terrapin01 »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S HERE! The Plane of Winds Succession World 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:08:12 pm »

Damn it, beat me to it by a few minutes. OH WELL. I’ll sign up for a turn, turn 2.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:11:35 pm »

Didn't we agree to start after a few bugfix releases come out though?
I'm still up for this, but just pointing out that it's not really worth to start it right now if there's a risk of a critical bug or somesuch...

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:12:48 pm »

Didn't we agree to start after a few bugfix releases come out though?
I'm still up for this, but just pointing out that it's not really worth to start it right now if there's a risk of a critical bug or somesuch...

There may have been agreement among other bay12ers, but that did not include me.

I say let us proceed forth, even at our own peril.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:13:46 pm »

Yeah, I've been camping the site while playing the now-old version.  I totally fangirled out for the first few seconds, then dove into it.  The 2 week skip ahead takes a good deal of time though.

I'm okay with a few critical bugs.  It isn't really ruining anything longstanding at the moment, and we might as well help look for some bugs.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 09:20:48 pm »

Yeah, I've been camping the site while playing the now-old version.  I totally fangirled out for the first few seconds, then dove into it.  The 2 week skip ahead takes a good deal of time though.

I'm okay with a few critical bugs.  It isn't really ruining anything longstanding at the moment, and we might as well help look for some bugs.

As I have multiple systems available, I am actually running two worldgens at the same time or so. One is going to be my personal game, the other one the other succession I have put up (which will probably be Sparkgear XV).

I swear to God I’m not going to write my turn like a novel - from one of the other games I know that goes badly. Novels took a long time to write per in-world day for good reason.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 09:57:03 pm »

Y'know what? I'm in. Add me.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 10:53:54 pm »

I'd like a turn at this buggy glorified mess. I'd love to see how bad we break the game.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

MrTimms

• Bay Watcher
  • It is terrifying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 11:15:58 pm »

Add me!
The vast majority of the bandits were apparently hiding in the trees because after my first few moves the majority of them fell out of their trees breaking limbs and horribly wounding themselves.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 12:34:54 am »

Add me, assuming we can play Adv. mode.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 07:35:54 am »

Of course you can play adventure mode, just watch out for game stopping bugs.  It is best if you aren't pious and not talk to your god.
It was inevitable.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 07:43:46 am »

Sign me in.
Edited because bug I mentioned may have been on my end.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:04:29 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 10:04:40 am »

Sign me in.
Edited because bug I mentioned may have been on my end.
What was the bug? It's always nice to know what could go wrong.
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 11:50:54 am »

Of course you can play adventure mode, just watch out for game stopping bugs.  It is best if you aren't pious and not talk to your god.
Ok; Atheism FTW. I will save often, of course.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 08:34:54 pm »

Well, my fort fell to a siege today.  The siege lasted for about a year and a half, I'd received no caravan and only 2 more dwarves after the starting 7.  The siegers consisted of Ekul Staticear, the human corpse and Tise Wavedsparkle, the elf corpse.  They left me alone as I tried to forge weapons to kill them, but then Tise followed a woodcutter into my fort, killing everyone as they fled in terror.  Wheeee!

I can't believe I lost to two zombies.
It was inevitable.
Pages: [1] 2 3