Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worktoes, a ☼MASTERWORK☼ Bloodline Game!  (Read 4622 times)

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worktoes, a ☼MASTERWORK☼ Bloodline Game!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 05:49:11 am »

If it's that much that is probably missing, we should restart this as soon as possible i'd say.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 06:20:29 am »

Well, warpstone is missing for sure, and so are breath, bone and tear of armok, as well as 2 of 3 fossil types...  and all the new metals are missing. no chrome, titan, mithril, cobalt, wolfram, no bifrost either, because no frostgiants, and no clockwork parts for tech, because no automatons can come by...  I havent seen one bit of coal so far. 3 civs seem to have died, but all allies are still there. It also seems that extra plants and trees are on, as well as the vanilla inorganics, which serve no purpose, because none of them has any reactions and just drown out the usefull stuff. I even had to look up what ilmenite is... and conglomerate, I usually dont see those.

I did play 2 seasons, made it through another flooding, a siege and one major architectural change without one death... even had migrants. :) Progress is slow however. I will post an update soon, but make a break from playing for now. Tomorrow I continue.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 07:06:01 am »

Chapter 2
Spring & Summer

All went well for a while, with renewed vigor the dwarves started to work, making beds and rooms, having some infighting about who become what kind of noble, and where to build walls. Then... the alarm sounded. Stranglers had arrived. A small warband of unarmed combatans. Quickly all guard dogs were brought to the lone caravan guard, and Meph took position as well. Unarmed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A battle ensured, and suprisingly enough the stranglers were beaten back. Dogs died... 4 stranglers died... but none of the dwarves. A good day for Worktoes.

The dwarves started to make workshops then, 4 masons, 2 stonecutter, 2 mechanics, 1 rockforge, 4 butcherys and tanners, 3 kitchen and fisheries... everyone was working, nonstop. Elves came by to trade, and we gave them gemencrusted totems, worth roughly 10.000 urist... for mithril, cloth, food and drink, wood and seeds... wells were made, bedrooms with beds, doors and cabinets... rockarmor and weapons for the militia... chairs and tables for the dining room and studies... chitin, scale and leather was tanned and worked with, the dead animals butchered... soon enough we had 500 food, enough clean water for everyone, enough material for basic armor, even a small metal industry was started, making iron... cages for traps were made, a thief killed, the first plants harvested... and then... and then one mason. dropped. one. stone...

The surface was being walled in, but a well was blocking access to a wall that should be build. So the wall next to it was razed, to allow space for a tile of floor, to give access to the last unbuild wall... but this severed wall piece fell down. Into to water. Onto the sand floor. Through. the. sand. floor. INTO THE FORTRESS.

Ups.

Seeing no way to fix this hole, since no floodgates of any kind exist in the extensive waterways, which are linked to 6 ponds and the river... I abandoned the fort. The dwarves razed all buildings, dismantled all furniture, took all the food and literally everything that could be carried... and carried it outside:

It was then walled in, planning for a giant aboveground fortress. A quick hideout was dug into a nearby hill, a DRY nearby hill, and cautionary explanatory mining was done. The waterflow could be slowed down enough to actually get to the hole and fix it. Brave dwarves waded through water, dug away the wet soil, and one hero-mason had enough time on the fluctating waterlevel to build this one floor tile.

It is now autumn, and there are no buildings in the fort. No rooms and no furniture. We still have 400 units of food. We have more then enough water to drink. We still have all the items made. But everything has to be carried back into the fort. All furniture reinstalled, all workshop rebuild. Maybe... just maybe... this evacuation has been premature. But at least we are safe. No one died, on the contrary, we even got migrants. Our military has 10 competent fighters, as well as several archers. But progress is slow...

Meph, under martial law, still has 2 seasons to fix this... each legionnaire can only assume control for one year, before he is outvoted by the dwarven community for a real leader to follow. But so far, he has done good. His son is safe.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:11:18 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 10:31:48 am »

you
Yes, I do have the save and make an inventory atm. My name is not Meth btw :P  Screenshots are coming. There is also the small fact that I was dwarved as a female miner, instead of a military dwarf, so I redwarved myself as the only legion dwarf in the fort, Azlag Meph Salvewhirling. I hope thats ok, because I specifically asked to be dwarved as military.

We currently have 2 dorfed members, Scout and Meph:

were a militia commander and the only lrgion dwarf in the fort, you know?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 11:22:42 am »

Wow. :o

The design of the dining room is very nice :)  I really like the natural stone pillars.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 03:05:01 pm »

FPS is at 70-80, but usually I have solid 150 with so few creatures on the map.

Meph, I'd be interested if the FPS wasn't already ruined. :/

Well, warpstone is missing for sure, and so are breath, bone and tear of armok, as well as 2 of 3 fossil types...  and all the new metals are missing. no chrome, titan, mithril, cobalt, wolfram, no bifrost either, because no frostgiants, and no clockwork parts for tech, because no automatons can come by...  I havent seen one bit of coal so far. 3 civs seem to have died, but all allies are still there. It also seems that extra plants and trees are on, as well as the vanilla inorganics, which serve no purpose, because none of them has any reactions and just drown out the usefull stuff. I even had to look up what ilmenite is... and conglomerate, I usually dont see those.

And that sure sounds like you should restart.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 03:44:19 pm »

I leave the decision entirely for you, guys. I am not very experienced with Masterwork, as I just have tried it for the first time. I do not know what are we missing yet.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 04:37:45 pm »

In the end, Melzer must decide ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 07:29:22 pm »

Yeah, its not my fort, its Melzers. His bloodline game, his settings ;) FPS is a lot better now, since the water fluctuation is stopped. :)

@melzer: I was a female miner, Mosus, no caste... yes, I was militia commander, but that does not work with miners, the uniform templates conflict.

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 05:20:08 am »

Melzer, are you there?

We can always start new fortress!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 01:54:37 pm »

Still willing, here. I'll make a new succession game if this isn't going much of anywhere.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »

Well, anyone can start unlimited numbers of succession forts, no one has to ask me...

RL taking priority atm, sorry for the wait. Everyone died a watery death. Because the water flooded the fort, people evacuated the fort towards the surface and run into an ambush.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:22:31 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 [2]