Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: CloudyHelms-A Lightning Succession Game!  (Read 6082 times)

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: CloudyHelms-A Lightning Succession Game!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 05:00:33 pm »

well it's been a couple of days since my post asking +!!scientist!!+ to take his turn. i guess that means you're up HorridOwn4ge.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 10:54:37 am »

Allrighty then.

\\\Granite 1st\\\

I arrived at the site just to find it covered in puke and excrement, so this is the Cloudyhelms they were talking about.

\\\Granite 8th\\\

I appointed some farmers, crafters and recruits t be miners since we had none, I then mandated 3 iron picks.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:58:58 am by HorridOwn4ge »
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 12:40:51 pm »

A LETTER TO THE OVERSEER

Dear overseer,

please give me my recruits back. we have plenty of miners, though most of them prefer to go by the (custom) job title "Mason". now i'd appreciate it if you would let us practice wrestling and dodging in peace.

May Armok give you strength,

Andy, Militia commander

PS. please get us some proper weapons and armor, i'd rather not have a repeat of last year.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 03:16:43 pm »

\\\Galena 15th\\\

I ordered some bedrooms for the workers and a proper dining hall.

\\\Galena 20th\\\

I woke up with a great idea:

We will arm ouselves with crossbow traps and we're gonna make walls to direct invaders and the local wildlive into our traps. Oh and I will setup some cage traps outside so we can begin training our animal trainers, I'm not sure how that'll work out but oh well.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 02:49:26 pm »

Oh cool, another dropper.  I'll PM bry....
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 03:41:47 pm »

I tried what andyman said you should do to make the save work, but it still crashed, so I guess I won't be playing. sorry.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 09:45:53 pm »

Cool.  16 days with no posts.  I am calling a reset, world will continue but you'll have to reapply to play.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 11:50:55 pm »

Cool.  16 days with no posts.  I am calling a reset, world will continue but you'll have to reapply to play.

Are you continuing the fort or starting a new one?

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2012, 10:22:41 pm »

Continuing so long as the save still works.
It was inevitable.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 12:13:41 pm »

AAAAnnnnd the fortress died.

If anyone is interested anymore, a reclaim could be done?
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 2 [3]