Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: CloudyHelms-A Lightning Succession Game!  (Read 6081 times)

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS] [DF_HACK:APPALLING][USE_EXPLOIT:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
CloudyHelms-A Lightning Succession Game!
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:02:20 am »

Hey everyone, you know what we need? Another succession game!  I have a wonderful haunted world but I can't figure out how to upload it. I am on a mac if that will be causing problems, so thanks in advance for your help!

But now we are ready to Embark! Lets lay down some quick rules..
1. No modding. Ever. At all.  Unless you are increasing the number of goblins that spawn, or some other form of difficulty.
2. Although possibly contradictory to Dwarf Fortress in general, do NOT lose this fort!
3. Please keep your reign well documented in a .txt file within the save (Just inside of RAW, titled AAADFS).
4.Skipping will occur if more than 24 hours elapses while it is your turn, we will pass over to thext person in line if you do not pick up the torch within 24 hours as well, so watch this thread like a hawk!, I felt need to emphasize that.  Lightning rounds folks. Light. Ning.(Just say something if you have a frame rate that would make this impossible)

What to do/ How to play: You reign for one year, I will keep a list of rulers at the bottom of this post.  You may take multiple turns but no consecutive terms.  Preferably name a dwarf after yourself as well If you are slain you may rename yourself (Though with a  II, III, IV et cetera).

A Brief Story
Several hundred years after the world was created goblins have all but conquered the world.  You now lead an all-dwarf outpost to glory to restore the mountain dwellers to their former glory!  Also when the now goblin king arrives to claim this land as his mountainhome be prepared with a very !!fun!! execution.

TURNS TAKEN
1.Terrapin
2.Andyman564
CURRENTLY RULING
3.Terrapin
WAITING

Terrapin's Save http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6181
Andyman564's Save http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6188
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:46:16 pm by 10terrapin01 »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Another Succession Game(But first PLEASE HELP!)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:05:11 pm »

i'm pretty sure the saves are transferable regardless of OS.

also to upload a save go to the following directory on your computer:

Dwarf Fortress > data > save

find the region you wish to use, zip (compress) the folder and upload to any file share site. i recommend DFFD http://dffd.wimbli.com/

EDIT: also, i want a turn

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:08:14 pm by andyman564 »
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: CloudyHelms-Another Succession Game!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 05:35:08 pm »

Rope of Obscurity
Lunzon, CloudyHelms

Terrapin's Log

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 05:40:14 pm »

yay triple post  :P

Overseers Log

1st Granite 609

well our self appointed expiditionleader "Terrapin 2" has decalred the he shall not rest untill the nightwing is vanquished. seeing as we were left without a leader, and we had no volunteers, we organized a  contest to select the next overseer. all of us coated ourselves in the disgusting mucus, and the first one to vomit will be the next overseer of this hellhole.

3rd Granite 609

Urgh, i couldn't hold it any longer! i was the first to add to the vomit soaked landscape, which measn i'm the new overseer... fuckberries.

Terrapin 2 had begun constructoion of a wall accross our northern border, i'm not sure why, seeing as our temporary home is on the southern border. regardless, i've cancelled the construction of the wall, and had the depot moved closer to our home.

i've aslo instructed the miners to excavate a 5 tier ring collapse system, that should be able to puch us through just about any aquifer and into solid stone!

10th Granite

it's raining that horrible mucus again... i hope it stops soon. it was reported that Terrapin2 hasn't been seen for the past week. i fear that his fight with the nightwing did not end well. i've also interveiwed everyone... well everyone who's left, and they told me that there has been absolutely no effort to organize the labor force of this place!

12th Granite

well, at least everyone knows what they're supposed to be doing now. hopefully some acutal work will get done around here now.

13th Granite

ARGH! that nightwing will be the death of us! i've formed the remaining dwarves of Cloudyhelms into a militia. we're going to take down that beast or die trying!

CHARRRGE!!!

16th Granite

OW! that dammed beast bit my hand! hurts like you wouldn't beleive.. we're down to 8 of us now, but at least the beast is dead. Urvad managed to kick it's head in while it was sucking the blood from my hand. most of us are pretty unhappy since we've confirmed that most of the missing dwarves are indeed dead. i've ordered several coffins to be built.

in the mean time we'll be recovering corpses and their belongings

2nd Slate

we've discovered the body of Terrapin 2, the rotten corpse was so mangled we could barely identify it.

13th Slate

The doctor and the jewler both have broken legs, we can't help them right now, not when there's so much more that needs doing. besides, only the strong can survive in this desolate wasteland... they just weren't strong enough.

19th Slate

i can't believe it! migrants! now who would be so daft as to leave the comfort of the mountainhalls and come to this wretched place?

23... 23 crafters, farmers and rangers. if anything good came from this, it's that we now have enough hands to move everything inside.

23 migrants... fuckberries.

23rd Slate

I, i killed him.... i killed the "expedition leader"... all i remember is waking up and there he was, with his skull caved in, and his blood on my fist. i killed him...

25 felsite

even with the addition of the migrants, it seems like we will never finish hauling all this stuff inside. also i've been receiving reports of a ghostly soldier wandering around the feilds. i've decided to construct some of the caskets myself, i mean i can't be that hard right? just a box with a lid.

8th hematite

YOU IDIOTS! WE'RE OUT OF BOOZE, ALMOST OUT OF FOOD AND ALL YOU WANT TO HAUL CRAP INSTEAD OF PLANTING FOOD!

after yelling at the idiot masses for a while i decreed that everyone is now a planter and a brewer, and that if we didn't have drink by then end of the month, i'd personally throw them into the aquifer.

26th Hematite

More Migrants! why mericful armok why!? we barely have enough food and drink to feed 10 dwarves, let alone 38!

i've also had a cage built, and am slowly getting all of the loose animals inside, i'm sure everyones mood will improve a bit if they're not constantly tripping over animals.

13th malachite

it's raining! real rain! ahh, it feels nice to get this mucus washed off me.
we're still building caskets for the dead, and about half of the animals have been rounded up.

i'm pleased the say that the miners have finally started digging out the aquifer breaching plug. however, the overall mood in the fort (ha!) is gloomy, many are upset about the loss of loved ones, having to drink vomit due to continued booze shortage, and lack of a dining area. we're so close to the tipping point, several have already gone over the edge. i'm not sure how much more we can take before we're all driven to insanity.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 06:22:55 pm »

I'd like to play.

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 09:10:18 pm »

Babylon, I'll mark you down as next
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 12:07:39 am »

Overseers Log

18th Malachite

the weather has finally cleared up, and our stockpiles are overflowing with clothing from the dearly departed. the others are taking this downtime to chat with one another and clean some of the vomit that is lining our halls.

1st Galena

it's pouring mucus again, and i've realized that we only have enough mechanisms to drop 3 of the rings... not that they're ready to drop yet. i do hope the miners get this done before winter comes around.

we've also got a few tables set up, everyone seemes to be happier already, now that they have a proper place to eat.

1st Limestone

one of the insane dwarves starved to death today. and we have not seen a caravan from the humans... have the goblins wiped them out? i hope not.

7th Limestone

a kobold thief tried to sneak into the fort today, thankfully it was spotted by a passing mechanic before it managed to take anything. i've ordered dog chained next to the door to spot any future theives.

7th Sandstone

today one of the miners came dasing out od the pit yelling "IT'S TIME! IT'S TIME!" then he claimed the masons workshop and began hollering " I MUST HAVE ROCK!  I MUST HAVE LEATHER!"

rock... the poor bastard wants the one resource that we don't have. hopefully we can get through this dammed aquifer before the poor girl drives herself mad.

8th Sandstone

More migrants! how!? that goblin bastard that calls himself "king" must be forcing themover here.

8 more farmers and carfters... 8 more useless mouthes to feed.

1st Timber

the rings are nearly ready to drop, and we can be expecting a caravan from the mountainhome any time now. i just hope our miner pulls through.

7th timber

SUCESS! the first ring dropped flawlessly! the masons are already starting to build the floors and pumps so we can drain it and access the sweet stone beneath!

16th Timber

THE CARAVAN HAS ARRIVED! HURRY! BRING EVERYTHING TO THE DEPOT!

hopefully they bring stone with them, otherwise i fear our miner is doomed to madness.

21st Timber

with the caravan making it's way slowly accross the feild Ablel, the miner was striken with depression, convinced that she would never complete her great vision.

25th Timber

the pumps have been completed and the ring is being slowly drained. also the merchants finally reached our depot and are unloading their goods.

1st Moonstone

winter has arrived, and with it even more mucus rain... yay. and we started trading today, looks like poor Ablel would've gone insane anyways, not a single boulder or lump of ore in the entire caravan.

6th Moonstone

A THOUSAND CURSES! this aquifer is at least 2 layers deep, looks like we won't be hitting stone before spring

aslo it has started raining! washing away the horrible mucus from the land!

we've traded most of the extra clothing for food, booze and whatever scraps of metal we could afford. the scraps are being melted down into bars which will be reforged into armor and weapons.

the broker came to me and asked what to order for next year, i told him to get weapons, armor, food, booze, wood and as much stone as they could bring, just in case we're not through this aquifer by next year.

16th Moonstone

the rain continues to wash away the mucus, it's starting to look habatible out there.

20th Moonstone

i just had to open my mouth didn't i... now we're back to the usual globs of snot falling from the sky.

13th Opal

we collapsed the second ring today, draining operations will begin shortly

16th Opal

our butcher has claimed the crafters workshop and started collecting materials for his "grand vision"

23rd Opal

the butcher is now sitting in the workshop screaming for rocks and rock blocks. i really hope we've peirced this aquifer.

also, more regular rain has cleansed the land of all mucus. it's wonderful.

1st Obsidian

WE DID IT! we've hit rock! HUZZAH! quickly now, make some blocks for the screaming fellow, he's starting to irritate me.

20th obsidian

the butcher has started construction on his "grand vision". i can't wait to see what it is.

25th Obsidian

today the butcher emerged from the workshop holding up a drum for everyone to see, all the while screaming " KINSTAGSHIL!".
when we got him to calm down a bit i saw that the drum was magnificent, made of gazelle bone, it is encrusted with andesite and clay,  encircled with bands of gazelle bone, adorned with hanging rings of gazelle bone and, to top it all off, menaces with spikes of gazelle bone.

also, someone fell in the aquifer and drowned, not sure who, i only saw him once or twice... or was it a her? anyways they couldn't of been that important.

28th Obsidian

i've  reorganized the labor force again, and have created a permanent militia, headed by myself of course. we're sorely under equipped, but there's nothing more that i can do about it now. i'm stepping down from the position of overseer and appointing the dwarf known as Babylon as my successor. the formal ceremony is scheduled for midnight tonight.

Save:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6188

OOC: i'm actually surprised that the fort managed to pull itself up from the edge of disaster into something workable. by far the best df experience i've had in a long time.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:11:50 am by andyman564 »

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 06:28:39 pm »

I'll be downloading and starting play tonight.  Looks like fun.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 07:47:15 pm »

I'd like to play after Babylon. This would be my first succesion, but I know how it works. There is one thing I don't understand though, how would I get the save?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 11:07:44 pm »

The save will be available via DFFD, I will have a link to it at the bottom of the description.  Also you will need to make an account for it to upload your save after your turn.
It was inevitable.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 04:39:59 am »

I'd love a turn, and could I be dorfed as the first Lye, milker, or cheesemaker that arrives.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:07 am »

I'd love a turn, and could I be dorfed as the first Lye, milker, or cheesemaker that arrives.

half our fort is comprised of cheesemakers! we don't need any more!

Bry

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 01:11:50 pm »

Dorf Me!

i'd like to be a military dwarf please, pretty much any of them :D

10terrapin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 04:55:37 pm »

WE shall give babylon till midnight to finish and upload his turn, wanna keep this game moving, Ya know?
It was inevitable.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 06:07:08 pm »

just a day? wow, usually most games give a 2 day grace period before uploading the first journal entry, and about a week to complete a turn. but hey, if we're doing lightning rounds then even more fun!
Pages: [1] 2 3