Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haunted Tales of 34.03  (Read 1332 times)

!!Urist Unfortune!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Binary logic. Invaders=true, MagmaPump=True
    • View Profile
Haunted Tales of 34.03
« on: February 28, 2012, 04:53:01 pm »

OKAY this is my first post to the Bay12 forums but ive been reading for years, thought it was time to start sharing.

sooo anyway...I started in this huanted zone, and the ground is covered in writhing tentacles as far as the eye can see and the land is teeming with blood gnats and more undead then u could fathom. skeletons and zombies everywhere, zombie birds zombie fish... AND! when u kill them the get back up moments later, if u chop them in peices all there peices come after you!

I have two axe, and two cross bowdwarves. which is good becuzz we r under constant assualt from the undead. I need to have two dwarves constantly fighting off the undead while a miner digs a crude hole for them all to take shelter in. Its a constant battle dwarves are fighting in shifts of two, while two eat/get drunk/sleep/ and two more frantically run food and supplies underground.
im living in mud and soil on top of an aquifier, so if they cant mangae to chop some trees and get them underground, there is nothing to build anything with.

A crossbow dorf gets injured by zombies, some how he manages to crawl away from the constant onslaught of undead and drag himself underground to the bed that serves as my hospital.

Being one combatant short, the dorfs can no longer handle the stress of my rotation plan. an axe dorf falls. luckily i have just complted a Hatchcover, and i order all survivers underground, and lock the hatch!

were trapped underground in the mud with minimal suplies. but finally i can relax and take tally of my dwarves...

soo... every one is trapped underground in a shitty mud hole. we have 2 miners, an axedwarf(with wepons and armour, thank god!) and and injured crosbow dwarf still laying in the hospital. thats it, 3 able bodied dorfs and one injured. The doctor/orginizer/leader didnt make it inside before the hatch locking. he is now one of the undead, along with my other axe dwarf and one of my archers.Together they roam the feild of tentacles, in search of flesh. 
   the miners dig out crude bedrooms while the axe dwarf makes beds and doors( we managed to get a lil bit of wood underground). We're on top of an aquifer, so we cant dig deeper to get stone, but at least we have water to drink. underground with us we also have a small amount of food and booze, and a horse and donkey to slaughter when the food runs low.

the miners dig out a large room, one of them becomes a farmer, and begins to grow underground crops in the mud. the animals begin to starve and i figure its about time they get slaughtered...

!!! OK this is where shit really gets crazy!!! upon sluaghtering the donkey and the horse. their various dead body parts came to life and started attacking my dorfs!!! donkey head has bit dorf and latched on! horse hair is strangling "urist unfortune"!... Skin! so much skin! so many body parts!!!

the axe dorf lept to action but nomatter how many times the body parts where killed they kept coming back. and multiplying too!! the poor axe dorf didnt know what he was doin :(  everytime they are cut in peices they multiply. eventually the cross bow dorf died of thirst in the hospital. (no one could bring him water cuzz they were all being chased by skin and hair) AND THEN... his corpse rose in the night, bent on revenge for letting him die. the axe dorf could handle the horse and donkey parts, but not the animated corpes of his friend, he was soon dashed upon the floor in a bloody mess...

And so, the archer who protected everyone while the hole was dug and the trees were chopped, the same archer who magaged to drag himself away from such carnage, and managed to survive all that time... went on to brutaly sluaghter everyone in that god forsaken mud pit.

THE END

Quote from: Creamcorn on March 12, 2010, 04:01:25 pm
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
Re: Haunted Tales of 34.03
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »

Well, that's the new version in a nutshell :P Welcome to b12 btw :D

!!Urist Unfortune!!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:06:33 pm »

Why thank you, ive been enjoying this forum for years, and almost none of my frends play this game so i need to get my dwarf stories out somehow lol
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.

!!Urist Unfortune!!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 05:48:42 pm »

Any One else got any sweet stories about the new version?