Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:45:20 pm 
Started by evictedSaint - Last post by evictedSaint
Turn in 5 hours or so.  Get your actions in.

And, more importantly, submit a poem.

on: Today at 05:43:58 pm 
Started by RoseHeart - Last post by Supernerd
Maybe consider providing players with the AI tool and prompts that you used to create their image to help them update their picture on their own?

on: Today at 05:31:01 pm 
Started by Meph - Last post by aSpatula66
I meant a not LAYER_LINKED civilization with no sites that is playable in fort mode. So basically a way to make a 100% always dead civilization.

on: Today at 05:17:05 pm 
Started by rabidgam3r - Last post by Folly
Current theorycrafting is that the lore-dumping is more about foreshadowing.

The latest episode had that line "There's always a twist at the end", following by the fourth-wall breaking wink and an awkwardly injected song-and-dance number. If you check the credits at the end of the episode, there is an actress named Susan Twist, and she has actually been in 4 different recent episodes, playing different characters each time.

Another noteworthy line from this episode, "The One Who Waits is almost here". And this Season has a running theme of abandoned children, including Ruby Sunday and the Space Babies. Could The Doctor's abandoned granddaughter Susan be the one who has been waiting for The Doctor all this time?

on: Today at 05:09:24 pm 
Started by Scoops Novel - Last post by McTraveller
More seriously, I think if we keep going with LLMs, I think we'll "defeat" them by some form of prompt injection attack. Either we'll distract them, give them a complex, Inception them, or something similar.

Basically, psychologically hack them. After all, that's what happens to humans. There's probably some heuristic like "any intelligence smart enough to be an 'intelligence' is inherently weak to persuasion of some sort or another."

on: Today at 05:04:35 pm 
Started by RoseHeart - Last post by RoseHeart
A tiger salamander I found by the side of a curb and had had for more than 3 years, I cried a lot. I didn't give it enough water and it dried up. I remember I laughed when I found out, an odd reaction. Sal. A dog named Duke, but lost in the more traditional sense, he ran away. I hope he found a new home. He had white hair, idk what breed. I was still hoping to find him years later.

The next poster enjoys exercising more than 30 minutes everyday.

on: Today at 04:06:19 pm 
Started by Scoops Novel - Last post by Frumple
Eh, maybe not everything, but... webcomics with regular posting that go as long as xkcd has tend to cover a lot of ground. There's others that have one strip or another on a lot of subjects, too. xkcd's just particularly well known, heh.

on: Today at 04:00:36 pm 
Started by Meph - Last post by Magmacube_tr
Is there any way to make DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:MONUMENT not always crash the game? Or a way to make zero site playable civilizations without making them cavern dwellers?

Maybe make the creatures that appears in it also spawn in wilderness of your choosing? Like subterranean animal people? They won't show up as neighbors, mind you.

on: Today at 03:58:40 pm 
Started by Scoops Novel - Last post by Magmacube_tr
Well if you can "tweak" the laws of physics slightly, knock yourself out!

Quote from: obligatory ST:TNG
Q: "Just change the gravitational constant of the universe!"

Okay, lemme just... wHOA WHOA-
https://xkcd.com/1620/
https://xkcd.com/1763/
https://xkcd.com/2666/

There is one of those for everything, huh?

on: Today at 03:38:43 pm 
Started by Takosher - Last post by Twinwolf
Aiko was getting a little grumpy - this whole thing had looked like it would be a sort of game-style world but ended up being... well, a fairly bad game. "Is the magical girl who owns this place even here...?"

"I cannot imagine a magical girl with such a small territory would go far. It seems quite suicidal outside of special circumstances."

No npcs that acknowledge them. No objects that they can meaningfully influence. Aiko and Shizu go to check out the other stores like the clothing one.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10