Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unicorns  (Read 1690 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unicorns
« on: December 26, 2022, 07:23:21 pm »

(Apparently can't create a new account at wiki right now - could someone with copious amounts of free time make an edit, thanks).

Unicorns have been erroneously marked "genderless" (presumably some kind of in-joke, have no idea).
Since the definition of this is a creature without male/female castes, it's never been true.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unicorns
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 07:26:57 pm »

(Apparently can't create a new account at wiki right now - could someone with copious amounts of free time make an edit, thanks).

Unicorns have been erroneously marked "genderless" (presumably some kind of in-joke, have no idea).
Since the definition of this is a creature without male/female castes, it's never been true.
It's not a joke, it's because raws are missing. That's also why the page displays "Creature description not found!", "not found", etc.
I have it on my list of things still needing updates: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Dwarf_Fortress_Wiki_talk:Versions#v50_migration

Out of curiosity, what's preventing you from making an account?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 11:41:55 pm »

It's not a joke, it's because raws are missing. That's also why the page displays "Creature description not found!", "not found", etc.
I have it on my list of things still needing updates: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Dwarf_Fortress_Wiki_talk:Versions#v50_migration

Out of curiosity, what's preventing you from making an account?
Ah, I see. Was just on Reddit trying to convince someone that unicorns have gender and he threw the wiki page at me. Ha ha. Ok then.

Login page currently says:
"Account creation has been temporarily disabled due to a high volume of spam account registrations. You can still log in with an existing account. Contact Lethosor or Emi to create an account."

But, yes, it appears I can ignore it and get through to a sign up form.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 12:38:25 am »

Oh, are you talking about the sidebar? I hid the category for now, but missed the sidebar. I can disable raw-based traits in the sidebar template for now too.

The login page shouldn't be saying that, sorry for the confusion. I cleared that message a month ago and have cleared the wiki cache a couple times since then. Not sure what else I can do...
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.