Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945225 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #8175 on: July 30, 2014, 01:42:34 pm »

Let's not forget about mods, eh? Albeit some people might want to stick on vanilla for reasons involving multiplayer so eh~

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: July 30, 2014, 01:48:10 pm »

I really am starting to think that the best part of this game by far is modding, the vanilla game is just bland and empty.  Once I added the Avali race mod to my list I realized just how little of the games' potential is being tapped by Chucklefish, combine that with the Peglaci race, ore farming, XS corp mechs, gardenbot, and suddenly what was in every way a boring, flat grindfest becomes an enjoyable experience.  I'm still not happy with how Tiy and his team are doing things, but as long as the modding community remains this active and diverse I'll try to stay with Starbound.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8177 on: July 30, 2014, 04:56:25 pm »

I really am starting to think that the best part of this game by far is modding, the vanilla game is just bland and empty.  Once I added the Avali race mod to my list I realized just how little of the games' potential is being tapped by Chucklefish, combine that with the Peglaci race, ore farming, XS corp mechs, gardenbot, and suddenly what was in every way a boring, flat grindfest becomes an enjoyable experience.  I'm still not happy with how Tiy and his team are doing things, but as long as the modding community remains this active and diverse I'll try to stay with Starbound.
Integrating the modding api to the degree they did is probably one of the best decisions they made, next to the admittedly pretty great graphics. Have you ever shined a flashlight around in the fog in the dark. I can't remember if fog is in vanilla but the visual is excellent.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: July 30, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »

I am kind of annoyed that Starbound is going down Terraria's path of "Magic, Melee, and Guns" in that those are THE three specialties.

annoyed isn't the best word... disappointed.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8179 on: July 30, 2014, 05:09:39 pm »

I am kind of annoyed that Starbound is going down Terraria's path of "Magic, Melee, and Guns" in that those are THE three specialties.

And mechs, and apparently pets eventually.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: July 30, 2014, 05:23:25 pm »

Super Pokemon Sentai Magical Mecha Shootout Go!
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8181 on: July 30, 2014, 05:34:42 pm »

Super Pokemon Sentai Magical Mecha Shootout Go!
Bwahaha, golden.
I guess it doesn't help that i'm using the touhou mod, huh <w>

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: July 30, 2014, 08:24:43 pm »

Those aren't "The Three paths". You can build mechs you can have pets... but they aren't one of the three paths of advancement.

Also I am REALLY not a fan of the Nova Kid's spaceship. I am ok with them being a Cowboy race... but they have overshot it and are now just a joke.

Starbound is REALLY overshooting their jokes and are starting to saturate it. When Dungeon Keeper is looking like a serious game compared to it... >_>

I mean it was always there... Afterall the apes are 1982 and the Glitch are medieval (well in the lower tiers). I don't know there is just something waaaay hammier about the Novakids just flying an ordinary train in space.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:28:09 pm by Neonivek »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: July 30, 2014, 08:47:15 pm »

I... Actually like the spacetrain. It looks good, and it feels like a throwback to some awesome steampunk stories.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: July 30, 2014, 09:37:20 pm »

Someone said... spacetrain?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: July 30, 2014, 10:02:04 pm »

I... Actually like the spacetrain. It looks good, and it feels like a throwback to some awesome steampunk stories.

The Birds have Space Pyramids but they actually look like space pyramids.

The Space Train... actually looks like a train :P

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: July 30, 2014, 10:16:41 pm »

Well yeah it's a train in space. Hence spacetrain. Novakids may usurp Glitch as #2 in my heart depending on how they look/dress.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: July 30, 2014, 10:59:03 pm »

Eh spacetrain looks about like I expected, seems okay. The standard horse also seems okay. Shame they had to be prancing douchenozzles about the whole thing; I'd have been fine if both of these came out before horsetits.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: July 31, 2014, 02:29:16 am »

Novakid is my favorite race by far. I'm a sucker for Western stuff, and that ship is /amazing/.

Oh, and the fact that they're starting with guns is a godsend and a half.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: July 31, 2014, 06:51:41 am »

was wondering what you guys were on about with the novakid ship, so searched it and found this: community.playstarbound.com/index.php?attachments/ship-light-3-png.72824/

Then i found the actual one. Man was that dissapointing, that community one is so much better.
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 565