Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944534 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #8085 on: July 23, 2014, 03:33:55 pm »

The horse would have fit either theme. I really don't have much of anything against either form of horse, either.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: July 23, 2014, 04:34:35 pm »

http://playstarbound.com/roadmap/

That thing?

For the life of me, I cannot seem to find a link to it on their website.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: July 23, 2014, 04:47:30 pm »

http://playstarbound.com/roadmap/

That thing?

For the life of me, I cannot seem to find a link to it on their website.

Explanation. It's a little more than halfway down the page, just search for molly.

Basically, "it's pretty and it seems like it would be a waste to remove it altogether."

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: July 23, 2014, 05:00:10 pm »

Okay so progress -is- actually being made. They seem to have, uh, calmed down and gotten back to work on it. That makes me happy.

Honestly, so long that they -eventually- deliver on their promises? I'm happy. The game isn't terrible, and I like the building aspect of it over terraria for sure. I just wish you could 3D print blocks. I hate having to find an underground plant biome in which to harvest plant matter for my floranhome.

I actually like that horse now, and the glitch wizard is just adorable. I'm sure they'll get through this rut.
Same here im very patient even if it take 2 year to finish I dont care. But god dont stop and say your done if your not finished
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: July 23, 2014, 05:34:23 pm »

No I think what he was saying was that "This is okay for 1.0 but we aren't near done"

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: July 23, 2014, 05:38:17 pm »

No I think what he was saying was that "This is okay for 1.0 but we aren't near done"

That's why people are up in arms about it, because they don't feel it is at all worthy of being version 1.0 currently. This reflects badly on future progress, because it makes it sound as though they're pretty happy with how it is now, which a lot of people aren't.

I do believe they'll carry on and I'm sure it'll get a lot better as things work themselves out, it just seemed like a not so great comment to make.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: July 23, 2014, 06:23:13 pm »

In thinking about the guns vs. swords thing, I still like it mechanically (pending general weapon balance, etc., etc.) but...does Novakids being expert gunsmiths imply that literally everyone else are expert swordsmiths?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #8092 on: July 23, 2014, 08:10:20 pm »

There are a few magnitudes of difficulty difference in making a working sword vs a working firearm.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: July 23, 2014, 08:11:01 pm »

Issue is that right now I believe epic weapons out perform ordinary weapons.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: July 23, 2014, 08:35:25 pm »

What I'd like to see is an expanded multi-part crafting system for guns AND melee weapons where you can combine different parts to get the desired effect in the form of whatever weapon type you want to use. Kinda like that gun crafting mod that the mod-maker pulled off the site because he was a whiny douche, except applied to all forms of weapons.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: July 24, 2014, 03:29:30 am »

There are a few magnitudes of difficulty difference in making a working sword vs a working firearm.
And a few more in making a working sword vs a working spear.
._.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: July 24, 2014, 02:44:06 pm »

What I'd like to see is an expanded multi-part crafting system for guns AND melee weapons where you can combine different parts to get the desired effect in the form of whatever weapon type you want to use. Kinda like that gun crafting mod that the mod-maker pulled off the site because he was a whiny douche, except applied to all forms of weapons.
That would certainly make crafting much more unique in this game compared to terraria, but at the least I expect another mod like it to be made
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: July 24, 2014, 09:32:17 pm »

http://playstarbound.com/july-24-character-deletion-is-in/

my reaction

My reaction.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways, on topic of modding if that's still a conversation, Starbound modding maybe added a few hours of content before I shelved Starbound until it's more finished :P

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: July 24, 2014, 09:49:01 pm »

http://playstarbound.com/july-24-character-deletion-is-in/

my reaction

Woohoo! Now the game is finally 1.0 production ready release candidate OMG what
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 565