Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944723 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #8070 on: July 23, 2014, 10:17:21 am »

I'd like to start getting into mods, but I'm not even really sure where to start. Could you link to that pack, RexMundi? I can't seem to find it by searching the mod list... I think I might have suddenly become illiterate.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: July 23, 2014, 10:17:40 am »

This sounds pretty cool.

Novakids having the ability to craft guns as opposed to swords is definitely an interesting decision.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: July 23, 2014, 10:30:22 am »

This sounds pretty cool.

Novakids having the ability to craft guns as opposed to swords is definitely an interesting decision.
Shield generators sound like exactly the sort of thing needed to protect a base from meteors and other environmental nasties.
I know there are mods to remove such effects but a vanilla option would be nice as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: July 23, 2014, 11:20:01 am »

As for Mods, I quite like the Halo Mod. Unbalances the game a bit, but still, I get to look like a fucking Spartan.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: July 23, 2014, 11:26:48 am »

Quote from: tiy
We’re carefully working on balancing guns against swords so that no one race has an advantage over another
If they don't add deflecting bullets with a broad sword in a way that creates lots of pinging and swooshing noises I will be more than a little bit disappointed.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: July 23, 2014, 12:35:43 pm »

I like XS corp. Mechs, it's very well done, and not particularly unbalanced (personal opinion).  I especially love the Ronin Rho mech, nice looks, great weapons (the heavy laser can be used as a mining beam) and flight capability.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: July 23, 2014, 12:48:36 pm »

I like XS corp. Mechs, it's very well done, and not particularly unbalanced (personal opinion).  I especially love the Ronin Rho mech, nice looks, great weapons (the heavy laser can be used as a mining beam) and flight capability.
I got that mod exclusively for the holyshitlaser mech. Was not disappointed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: July 23, 2014, 01:20:40 pm »

Yep, that's the one, all three of my impervium tier characters have one.  I also got the Avali and Peglaci mods to add a few more race choices (I find the Apex boring and the humans are just too zany).  I'm actually running a moderate mod load, another great is the lightdrones mod, the drones are pretty well balanced and extremely useful (I hate the flashlights uni-directional beam and setting up torches is a waste of coal).
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8078 on: July 23, 2014, 01:21:16 pm »

So, looks like the horse, sans tits and dumb overbite, is the new AI for the Novakid.

Frankly, without the overbite while it's idling, and the massive jugs throwing the head way out of proportion, I don't think it looks nearly as bad.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: July 23, 2014, 01:28:11 pm »

I saw this coming. I believed the horse was going to be the Novakids' AI from the start minus the trolling and bastardisation.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: July 23, 2014, 02:09:17 pm »

It does make much more sense. They're a whacky race, and all Western besides.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: July 23, 2014, 02:10:45 pm »

Okay so progress -is- actually being made. They seem to have, uh, calmed down and gotten back to work on it. That makes me happy.

Honestly, so long that they -eventually- deliver on their promises? I'm happy. The game isn't terrible, and I like the building aspect of it over terraria for sure. I just wish you could 3D print blocks. I hate having to find an underground plant biome in which to harvest plant matter for my floranhome.

I actually like that horse now, and the glitch wizard is just adorable. I'm sure they'll get through this rut.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: July 23, 2014, 02:22:14 pm »

You can 3D print some blocks already. It's just a matter of copypasting the rest into the recipes file if you have the stomach to deal with their insane data storage system.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: July 23, 2014, 02:43:58 pm »

I find the horse to look a little bit like it's stoned out of its mind. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, and I would even go as far as to say it's kinda funny.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: July 23, 2014, 03:07:45 pm »

I think the horse fits the Novakids a little better than the Glitch. That said, I do hope they allow us to choose different AI portraits. Not because I'm offended (because seriously...) but just for the sake of variety. I'd like to see what other kind of ideas they come up with.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 565