Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944548 times)

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7845 on: July 01, 2014, 12:40:24 pm »

Now there's a way to make your opinion on the Glitch AI affair matter (sort of).

http://playstarbound.com/space-battle-royale-glitch-a-i-edition/

vote now o remain silent forever.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #7846 on: July 01, 2014, 12:47:04 pm »

.. have you looked at the vote options?

Molly is a Troll. Do not Feed this Troll.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: July 01, 2014, 12:52:40 pm »

I was hopeful about the poll until I saw the options. Seriously, Chucklefish?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:11:16 pm by Flandre »

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: July 01, 2014, 12:54:26 pm »

.. have you looked at the vote options?

Molly is a Troll. Do not Feed this Troll.

They have changed them!. I swear they were a silly variation of yes/no before!. Dont know what to think of this.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: July 01, 2014, 01:01:00 pm »

That's...even worse than it just being a joke from the word go.  They keep changing them, too - when I went it, it had already been "A horse is a horse/of course of course", and now it's horses all the way down.  I suppose the only thing we can be thankful for is that they didn't try to secretly swap the results. 

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: July 01, 2014, 01:02:04 pm »

More proof that I wasted my money supporting these fucking useless people. How much has gotten done since their real programmer went on to make complete games instead of pretending to be a comedian, anyways?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: July 01, 2014, 01:04:51 pm »

The page isn't even working for me anymore, they all go to bad gateway.  ...Which might actually be another joke that you can't actually vote.

I'm indifferent about the whole horse thing, but how they are treating the people that don't like it is getting abrasive even to me.  I mean there's a joke, then there's a joke people get tired of that you are now only telling because it annoys them.

It's like if Toady or ThreeToe answered everything on a FOTF on April 1st with Necro's Maaaaagggggmmmmaaaa.   People overreacted a bit and got annoyed about it, and then solely because people got annoyed about it it becomes a common theme in their posts.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:11:48 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: July 01, 2014, 01:09:38 pm »

To be clear, Molly told the IRC they were changing it. Her argument was that the poll results were one-sided in opposition of the horse-head before they started trolling away at the poll thread.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: July 01, 2014, 01:12:18 pm »

To be clear, Molly told the IRC they were changing it. Her argument was that the poll results were one-sided in opposition of the horse-head before they started trolling away at the poll thread.

So... the poll shows noone wants the horsehead, so change the options?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: July 01, 2014, 01:15:02 pm »

Pretty much.  I mean, that they're apparently actually listening to the majority is decent, but they haven't communicated that outside of the people who happen to be on their IRC channel right this moment, and that they're trolling their own community that they've taken on the responsibility of managing in the name of some petty "joke" is just plain foolish.  I didn't care at all about the horsehead, but their behaviour has been quite untoward regarding the whole matter, and they do not seem to even understand how that is the case.  It's highly concerning, to say the least.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: July 01, 2014, 01:15:15 pm »

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I wish they'd stop and look at how silly and opaque they're being.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: July 01, 2014, 01:16:53 pm »

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I wish they'd stop and look at how silly and opaque they're being.

Especially considering the fact that these people have a real Glitch AI just to troll people with.

You know, one that is actually pretty endearing and kinda adorable, fits with the race, might even be kinda funny.

But no, we get this.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: July 01, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if they were sitting on the wizard AI all along just to see how long they can milk the horse joke. I mean, the wizard AI's animation quality is obviously better.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:22:46 pm by Flandre »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: July 01, 2014, 01:26:48 pm »

Thing is, they get constant positive reinforcement with the dolts who think everything they say is "hilarious."

I'm glad it got changed or at least an option, but that should be made clear to evero-why the fuck am I even bothering anymore. Damn it, every time I keep wasting mental energy imagining things could be better.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: July 01, 2014, 01:31:42 pm »

Thing is, they get constant positive reinforcement with the dolts who think everything they say is "hilarious."

I'm glad it got changed or at least an option, but that should be made clear to evero-why the fuck am I even bothering anymore. Damn it, every time I keep wasting mental energy imagining things could be better.

Look you are just one person with many interests and duties that you need to do.

It isn't like Chucklefish has someone whose sole job is to deal with this sort of thing.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 565