Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944680 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7770 on: June 23, 2014, 01:43:27 pm »

His stated reason is not being able to pack up and move to London with the rest of them.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: June 23, 2014, 02:04:05 pm »

Well stated reasons can be only a part of the whole truth...
._.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: June 23, 2014, 02:06:48 pm »

Why did they move to london anyway?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: June 23, 2014, 02:16:35 pm »

Also, could you, by chance, point to the exact file with the hidden raspberry-blowing AI image?

I don't know personally, was going off what a few of the posters in that thread on the CF forums stated, and am assuming since it wasn't at all refuted that it was true.  I haven't loaded up my own version of starbound in about a month or so because I wanted to hold off for the update to ships that hasn't been talked about in awhile now.

Edit: links to others mentioning it
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/glitch-ship-ai-feedback.80652/#post-2067760
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/glitch-ship-ai-feedback.80652/page-42#post-2076806

Edit2: just checked their mainpage, and it seems on the AI that we'll be allowed to choose if I'm interpreting the pic correctly.  (and yes I did see the Hylotl dude also rapping Fresh Prince)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:32:48 pm by corrosivechains »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: June 23, 2014, 07:55:51 pm »

Why did they move to london anyway?
I remember them saying that moving would allow them to work far more efficiently, without having to constantly give files to each other like they were playing long distance hot potatoe.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: June 23, 2014, 08:04:50 pm »

While stated reasons can be only part of the whole truth it is also easy to color in what you wish to see in something.

From the language and tone its pretty clear people want him to have left because he disliked how things were going to validate their own opinions and concerns.

Also this: http://puu.sh/9FXsG/db5aa8a390.png is hardly power tripping, given that post is dripping with sarcastic accusations and is pretty clearly meant to rile people up and start something. And continually harassing a mods personal page with comments about a moderation decision that has nothing to do with you is clearly against their forum rules which have been up since 2012.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Publicly questioning a moderation decision is pretty clearly trying to rile up the community, and should be punished. If you have a problem with someone it should be dealt with in a private setting. Rather than a public profile page. If you disagree, well. It's not exactly as if the forums are necessary to playing the game, or even modding it. You can quite easily ignore them.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: June 23, 2014, 08:06:10 pm »

I just want to get to the point where I can play as a goddamn Novakid. I love this game, I don't give a shit about horse-tits, I just want to see this masterpiece finish.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: June 24, 2014, 04:22:18 am »

and is pretty clearly meant to rile people up and start something
I doubt it. The complaints are entirely valid, and while the tone is dripping with sarcasm, it does not resort to ad-hominem. A one month ban for something like that is the embodiment of power tripping.
Edit: I have seen that same user make equally sarcastic quips in other threads; that's just some people's public persona. The posts contained no personal attacks, brought valid arguments, and were generally incorporated into the discussion without much of a hitch.

If you have a problem with someone it should be dealt with in a private setting. Rather than a public profile page.

Thing is, moderators have initiated private conversations with me on the forums up until then. This one simply literally refused to "justify [him]self to [me]", thereupon deleted the first set of messages. These people are deathly afraid of criticism and public discussion.
The fact that there are mods with the horsehead "Stop being mad at videogames" icon AND HAVE NOT IMMEDIATELY HAD THEIR MODERATION RIGHTS REMOVED FOR DERIDING THE COMMUNITY THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MODERATING just goes to prove that some of these people have no idea what they ought to be doing, have no restraint, and cannot accept difference of opinion.

It's not exactly as if the forums are necessary to playing the game, or even modding it. You can quite easily ignore them.
The forums are there to provide community feedback for a work in progress, feedback which the devs have promised to take into account.
Blocking access to the forums in a gratuitous manner (and there have been users banned for more frivolous reasons than being sarcastic, absurd as it is) can be seen as restricting access to part of the promised features. It is a stretch, indeed, but it can be argued that it is a breach of contract and grounds for a refund.

Edit to the edit; just realized this little gem:
"If you feel you’ve been treated unfairly by a staff member, then you can take it up with another (or even the same) staff member in private (by either sending them a private message over the forum [...]."

Be banned. Need to PM mod. Can't use the forum PM system because banned.
http://www.nesretro.com/yabbfiles/Attachments/what.jpg

Yes, yes, I know, IRC and emails to customer support, but still.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:09:40 am by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: June 24, 2014, 05:05:30 am »

This may be rude... but at this point, I feel dirty for having financially supported Chucklefish by buying and promoting their product... and worse for convincing my friends and family to do the same.

I did not expect they were this sort of people, by and large. And I'm thoroughly disappointed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: June 24, 2014, 06:22:21 am »

I think everyone currently arguing about the Chucklefish situation should step back for a moment, look at their posts, and ask themselves if they really want to bring all that drama over here.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: June 24, 2014, 06:35:20 am »

I think everyone currently arguing about the Chucklefish situation should step back for a moment, look at their posts, and ask themselves if they really want to bring all that drama over here.

Honestly it will all blow over in about a month and if it doesn't the conversation about it certainly will die off.

Given the current state of the game and the fact that it might honestly be a year before we have anything really large to talk about... I am fine with this. As well the discussion of how developers should treat their customers on forums is one we haven't touched upon yet... Mostly because Toady takes criticism well.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: June 24, 2014, 06:42:20 am »

I feel like everyone is just slightly overreacting here. They may have pulled some mod bullshit, and they may have created a disagreeable sprite, but neither of that is what you paid for. You paid money for the game, not the forums, and not the sprite. If you feel so bad about the horse AI, you can just mod it out. If you're angry about the Chucklefish forums, you can just stay on Bay12 instead.

The only reason people on the Chucklefish forums are still being banned/muted for this incident is because they just can't shut the fuck up about it. It's called flaming and/or flamebaiting, and there is a really good reason why people are being banned for that kind of stuff; intentionally starting/relighting flamewars is neither constructive nor appreciable.

Now if everyone would please just shut up about the mod situation. The facts are all on the table, everyone knows about them, Bay12 is not a place where you can do something about the situation, and the constant bitching about it is really getting annoying by now, so there's NO REASON to continue talking about this here. Seriously, I don't want to see any replies to this topic anymore until there's a new Starbound update or other NEW news.

Thank you very much.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7782 on: June 24, 2014, 06:50:17 am »

I feel like everyone is just slightly overreacting here. They may have pulled some mod bullshit, and they may have created a disagreeable sprite, but neither of that is what you paid for. You paid money for the game, not the forums, and not the sprite. If you feel so bad about the horse AI, you can just mod it out. If you're angry about the Chucklefish forums, you can just stay on Bay12 instead.
No, people are more complaining about the massively unprofessional way in which the developers are handling criticism, insulting and heckling their own community, banning vast swathes of dissenters (many of whom still haven't been unbanned).

The only reason people on the Chucklefish forums are still being banned/muted for this incident is because they just can't shut the fuck up about it. It's called flaming and/or flamebaiting, and there is a really good reason why people are being banned for that kind of stuff; intentionally starting/relighting flamewars is neither constructive nor appreciable.
Clearly because we disagree and were having reasoned discussions, we're actually just flamebaiting. It's not as if a  bunch of really nice potential alternative artwork was created and pitched in that thread.

Now if everyone would please just shut up about the mod situation. The facts are all on the table, everyone knows about them, Bay12 is not a place where you can do something about the situation, and the constant bitching about it is really getting annoying by now, so there's NO REASON to continue talking about this here. Seriously, I don't want to see any replies to this topic anymore until there's a new Starbound update or other NEW news.

Thank you very much.
You don't get to decide what's worth discussing and what's not, if you don't like what's going on in the discussion then either contribute something yourself or stop reading the thread, don't just barge in with your fingers in your ears shouting for everyone else to shut up.
Letting people know the kind of shit they can expect if they buy this game and want to actually try and contribute to the community is important.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: June 24, 2014, 06:57:07 am »

Thank you very much.

Fry has a pretty good point, imo. Banning dissenters? Well within their rights. Mod bullshit? yeah, that's the forums fault, they're pretty fucking toxic to be in anyway you look at. Just stay off the forums, and you won't have any problems.
Annoying sprite that's not even that bad anyway, besides being out of place for the Glitch? you can mod these things out in a matter of minutes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: June 24, 2014, 07:04:08 am »

The major reason why people are lashing out is because there is no real forum to do this.

If you were banned for criticizing the game, you couldn't get unbanned, you couldn't discuss it, and anyone who brings it up or who does the same thing gets banned...

Banning dissenters? Well within their rights.

It is a terrible faux pas to do. It may be "within their rights" but it represents a fundamental lack of class.

Just because it is within someone's rights it doesn't mean it is "right". I had examples prepared, but I felt like it would give it a terrible tone to this conversation. (and I didn't want to equate this to something even more terrible).

As well remember... these aren't people who preordered or bought the game on goodwill. These people "funded" the game.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 565