Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945046 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7740 on: June 22, 2014, 01:09:52 pm »

It's one of the reasons I cannot take it seriously.

I'm one of those who like the derpy horse look ok.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: June 22, 2014, 01:11:38 pm »

It's one of the reasons I cannot take it seriously.

I'm one of those who like the derpy horse look ok.
Well I'm one of those who will probably find a mod which replaces it.
I'm not complaining about it, because mods can fix things developers doesn't.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: June 22, 2014, 01:12:09 pm »

Bird, fish, plant, ape, and robot boobs. Also humans.
Do the florans even have them? On the "female" sprite, they've got maybe a slightly larger chest, at most. They don't even have males or females, do they?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: June 22, 2014, 01:14:17 pm »

Do the florans even have them? On the "female" sprite, they've got maybe a slightly larger chest, at most. They don't even have males or females, do they?
They don't technically have females, but the female-equivalent does have them, visible quite plainly with certain armors.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: June 22, 2014, 01:15:22 pm »

There's difference on the hips and the chest is covered with that petal so it's hard to tell. My head canon is all florans are feminine looking.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: June 22, 2014, 01:22:10 pm »

To me, they will always be the genderless plant people that eat you while you try to figure out what pronoun to use.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: June 22, 2014, 01:24:15 pm »

http://playstarbound.com/about/
The "about" page is headed by nothing but all the female models.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: June 22, 2014, 01:27:03 pm »

My personal problem with horse AI is that it looks completely retarded. The boobs are not the problem, the absolutely retarded horse face is.

Which as I said isn't a problem either. It is the fact that it is the starting AI that you probably won't be able to change until hours into the game.
Said - where? Cannot find it.

Find where it doesn't say that. If they went on record and said "ohh that is just one model you can find in game" it would stop the complaints. One of the updates implies that it is a starting glitch AI (And is also painfully unfunny as it says the Fresh Prince opening)

So either
A) It is a starting AI
or
B) The Devs are dumb.

Don't get me wrong I am not outraged by it (I still think it is a sign that the devs think they are funnier then they actually are... which is always a BAD sign for a game... THANKS ADVENTURE MANAGER!!! You are a never ending ceaseless parade of bad jokes), it is more their handling of this whole thing. Which is between blowing up at their community, attacking their community, and mocking their community.

It is great to know that as a customer a developer got your back, unless you got a complaint in which case you are labeled a buffoon.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 01:36:39 pm by Neonivek »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: June 22, 2014, 02:19:49 pm »

My personal problem with horse AI is that it looks completely retarded. The boobs are not the problem, the absolutely retarded horse face is.
Which as I said isn't a problem either. It is the fact that it is the starting AI that you probably won't be able to change until hours into the game.
Said - where? Cannot find it.

It was a side-mention in one of the numerous dev posts that are never collated and cleaned up. It was also completely noncommital about whether we can change the AI's eventually or not, but the implication was that those posted ones are the starter AI's that you'll have for a long while, probably until you research a mid-level tech upgrade or something.

Yet again, this information would be easier to find if their PR did the job properly and actually communicated between the devs and fanbase in a half-competent manner. Instead you can read trolling posts where they make fun of the players and the syrupy glurge of everyone in their community who will agree to everything they ever do without question.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: June 22, 2014, 04:49:43 pm »

Mind you they don't have to reveal how AI work... they could very well say "we will have a announcement on AI in the future" or something along those lines if they still want to surprise everyone... which would have people saying "I really hope it isn't a starting AI" but it would half the flood for loud grumbles.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: June 22, 2014, 06:12:03 pm »

Unless they starting pushing way more releases, upgrading AIs probably won't be for a while, will it?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: June 22, 2014, 06:21:52 pm »

Unless they starting pushing way more releases, upgrading AIs probably won't be for a while, will it?

They've actually finished precisely 0 new systems since December, aside from Skyrails where they folded a mod into the main game, I guess. So yeah...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: June 22, 2014, 08:54:21 pm »

The problem most people have had with the Glitch AI is how utterly derp it looks; there have been posted several suggested substitutes by one of the forumites on the CF forums, complete with stern-looking robot horse.

However, now for some real fun.
Have some moderator power tripping:
http://puu.sh/9FXsG/db5aa8a390.png

http://puu.sh/9FY8A/e5b2ca7463.png
I post on his personal page asking to explain why he decided to ban that user, he basically replied that he doesn't have to justify himself and subsequently deleted the comment, and subsequently banned me.

http://puu.sh/9FYvG/b28c806942.jpg
Apparently, not sucking up to Eonwe is a bannable offense.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:02:16 pm by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: June 22, 2014, 09:10:06 pm »

Well to admit they aren't accountable. After they finish these games it is doubtful they will do anymore projects under chucklefish.

What I mean is, it is our fault.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:12:17 pm by Neonivek »

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: June 22, 2014, 09:16:44 pm »

Well to admit they aren't accountable. After they finish these games it is doubtful they will do anymore projects under chucklefish.

What I mean is, it is our fault.

It is, indeed, another failing on Chucklefish's (does pluralization even work that way in this case!?) part for not making their mods accountable.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 565