Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944511 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7635 on: June 18, 2014, 10:59:31 am »

Chucklefish needs to sort of sit back and have their PR manager deal with the community.

Their PR manager was the one who forward rapefics of her boss raping her... to her boss. That's their PR.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: June 18, 2014, 11:23:38 am »

Whelp... Chucklefish sucks.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: June 18, 2014, 11:48:09 am »

Chucklefish needs to sort of sit back and have their PR manager deal with the community.

Their PR manager was the one who forward rapefics of her boss raping her... to her boss. That's their PR.

Wait, That is something new, thank god I got this when it was cheap.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: June 18, 2014, 01:21:47 pm »

Yeah. Man, if I hadn't bought this back when it was alpha 1/2 off I don't think I would right now. They gotta get their shit together and just maek gaem.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: June 18, 2014, 02:26:47 pm »

TBH I have gotten enough money-value out of my pre-purchase and soundtrack to not be too terribly mad about the game (provided it does eventually... you know... happen) but this has been the end of my support for the team. I won't pre-order anything else from them -- or anyone else seeing as how this was my "one exception" -- in the future and won't recommend their products to anyone.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: June 18, 2014, 02:28:23 pm »

I am someone who honestly believes that if you buy a game you have a right to rip the music off of it.

So I consider sound track inclusions to be mostly rip offs :P

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: June 19, 2014, 02:27:00 am »

What. How can this possibly be real? Nobody is that stupid, right???
._.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: June 19, 2014, 03:58:23 am »

What. How can this possibly be real? Nobody is that stupid, right???

Pics are on my post one page back (default format). Thankfully someone got a pic before CF pulled it... like the thread where someone found it and called them on it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: June 19, 2014, 09:14:16 am »

Well...this is an interesting point to come back to the thread at. I'm guessing Drama has ensued on their forums?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: June 19, 2014, 10:14:37 am »

Just the usual 'indie devs with popular game get too big for their britches and start suppressing all criticism because they don't know how to handle it'.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: June 19, 2014, 10:25:12 am »

Well they did apologize and unban them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: June 19, 2014, 11:20:06 am »

Probably because of the backlash and not because they honestly believed they were doing anything wrong.

I deal with EA and they will apologize for anything but all it amounts to is "We are sorry, we thought we could make money off our stupidity but apparently not".

Though I will extend the benefit of the doubt.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: June 19, 2014, 12:51:57 pm »

Not all of them, just the ones that night, if I read the retraction correctly. There was a thread on reddit with people talking about getting banned before the fact that are still gone, and another asking for rule clarifications on the website policy that was also removed.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: June 19, 2014, 01:59:01 pm »

Mehh dont care about all this drama. Just give me a good game in the end, and I will not have problems buying anything from them in the future. But if they do not finish the game, i will not be pre ordering games from them, only buy finish ones if they are good.
Make love not war

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: June 19, 2014, 04:43:02 pm »

I like Starbound.  I want to enjoy Starbound.  I do not want to get caught up in mindless drama about Starbound.

Nonetheless, I have fucking HAD it with the dev's attitude of late.  You wanted to centralize?  Fine, good idea.  You want to launch nightly updates?  Why, what purpose is it serving?  You want fucking horsetits?  I don't like the direction you're taking here, would you please explain your logic?  You're going to shootdown, censure, delete, and otherwise quench all calls for your miserable gods be damned horsetit AI to be reconsidered or changed?  You are really starting to irritate me, this is not how you handle negative feedback.  You posted another nightly update on your main page featuring of all things a human female wearing no top, a skirt and the damn horsehead, after you clearly were able to see that a large portion of your active community takes issue with the damn horsetits thing?  Fuck you you juvenile sacks of shit, I've had it with your blatant disrespect, kindly fuck off.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 565