Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944727 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7440 on: February 20, 2014, 04:23:33 pm »

Thanks for letting me know folks! It's back to how it was before Enraged Koala. And with that, I have to take the server down for a little while... New computer arrived! Huzzah!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: February 20, 2014, 05:27:12 pm »

Question about how saving works, I see that the char I made on the server still has all their stuff, but I didn't do anything to my ship, so I donno. 

Is your ship serverside or is it clientside?  Like if I customized my ship a bit now and brought the character into into the server when it's back, would I still have all the stuff I had stored in the ship?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: February 20, 2014, 05:30:25 pm »

The ship is entirely clientside.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: February 20, 2014, 05:32:04 pm »

Woo I can store all this stuff I st- er borrowed from an avian town in single player! Yay!  now to find more loot!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: February 20, 2014, 11:20:03 pm »

Server is up! And lag is severely reduced. :O

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: February 21, 2014, 12:13:32 am »

Server is up! And lag is severely reduced. :O

Can anyone let me know what info I need to join it? I believe I pulled the address from the page Tylui linked a while back, but it's telling me wrong password.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: February 21, 2014, 12:53:11 am »

I appear to have started building on the new starting planet before realizing it was the universal starting planet and not just one it randomly assigns me.  So I'm gunna try to turn it into some kind of newbie resource zone, that anyone is free to add on to.

As a newbie myself though my limited resources will probably make that difficult :P

Also it apparently has some special vine trees that Tarran seems somewhat WTF about.

EDIT: It is now 1:30 and I am now somewhat satisfied with the rickety shack I made and lack the resources to do much else with it, so I have moved to what is now my home planet and started building my home.  The newbie spawn currently has a basic smelter, workbench anvil and cooking fire, with an assortment of random seeds growing on the second floor which should hopefully give any new spawning players a safe temporary shelter and food while they find a suitable home for themselves.  I may come back to expand on it as I get the inspiration/resources to do so, but if anybody has any ideas feel free to modify it to your heart's content.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:46:49 am by Greiger »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: February 21, 2014, 12:56:26 am »

Also it apparently has some special vine trees that Tarran seems somewhat WTF about.
http://starbounder.org/Toxic_Plains_Biome

Fun fact, I've visited dozens of Forest planets looking for them. Tylui can attest. Yet it's on the starting planet. That is like a slap to my face.

...and the server appears to have gone down.
I think it might be back up.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: February 21, 2014, 02:12:26 am »

Erm, there appears to be a password on this server.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: February 21, 2014, 02:23:10 am »

You mean Tylui's server? The password is simple: It's the name of the main race of the game this forum is dedicated to.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: February 21, 2014, 05:54:55 am »

So uhhhhh... Is it safe to play Starbound again?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: February 21, 2014, 05:57:12 am »

Well, the devs learned their lesson, at the very least, and it was very recently. So, relatively, I'd say it's as safe as it can get.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: February 21, 2014, 12:14:32 pm »

So i won't have my server up till next week, my dad is moving to another state for work and i should be able to commandeer the office room. That means i will be able to host a 24/7 server with DEDICATED LAN for uninterrupted service. until then i will work on a list of mods that are server friendly and get that mod downloader working.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: February 21, 2014, 01:34:23 pm »

Is it just me, or did the fourth hotfix NOT fix the homeworld issue?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: February 21, 2014, 03:33:06 pm »

Uh. Homeworld issue?
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 565