Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945028 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7320 on: February 12, 2014, 11:13:55 pm »

There's plans for everything to be less awkward.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7321 on: February 13, 2014, 12:17:20 pm »

I know I would love to have double-jump and dash enabled at the same time.

So I beat the jelly boss. I found a fantastic way to damage bosses:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: February 13, 2014, 12:22:00 pm »

I think I'd like to join a server, but I'm unsure which one here on Bay12 would benefit from another player the most.
Also, my character is fresh because I didn't bother creating a new one after the wipe. Blegh.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: February 13, 2014, 03:57:47 pm »

Well, it's hard to say. Ibid's server is getting very little attention, and really needs more players, but Tylui's server is often nearly in the same state.

Really, though, you should also think of what would be the most fun for you. Tylui's server sometimes has a couple people on at times, Ibid I don't think has people most of the time.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: February 13, 2014, 08:20:26 pm »

of course, there is the issue that I can't connect to tylui's server right now, just says join failed. I got in yesterday so I have no idea what happened

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: February 13, 2014, 08:45:02 pm »

The reason why is because Tylui's server is down, and he hasn't been on Steam for 7 hours.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: February 13, 2014, 09:41:47 pm »

but... but... that website said it was up when I was trying before.  may of been a cached version of it though.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: February 13, 2014, 10:47:48 pm »

It probably was. When I checked it before you posted, it was offline.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: February 14, 2014, 10:27:51 am »

Hello! Sorry about the service interruption folks! My cable service provider had a fiber optics line cut leaving literally thousands of people without internet yesterday. The service I have is the only one that makes sense, cheap and very fast. I was glad to find out I wasn't alone but still a whole day without internet, my head almost exploded.

I went to sleep at about midnight, and the internet was still out. My server logs show someone logged in at 12:30... figures!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: February 14, 2014, 11:24:51 am »

It probably was. When I checked it before you posted, it was offline.

Maybe set your html to no-cache, or expire... um, something (I don't really know).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: February 14, 2014, 11:35:49 am »

How about the much more simple answer: I hit refresh page after I loaded it the first time? :P

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: February 14, 2014, 12:55:29 pm »

What do y'all think about a new Starbound thread since the OP is gone?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: February 14, 2014, 01:41:07 pm »

How about the much more simple answer: I hit refresh page after I loaded it the first time? :P

Sorry, that was aimed to the maker of the page, or something. I think it's Tylui.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: February 14, 2014, 02:05:01 pm »

It shouldn't cache since each server is updated using an ajax request. You MIGHT get a cached version for a split second before the ajax completes, but I find that unlikely. If he's like me and leaves the page open all the time, he'll need to manually refresh. I don't want an auto-refreshing page because it'll poll the servers more often than needed.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: February 14, 2014, 06:38:42 pm »

I guess I can set it to auto-reload every thirty minutes or somethingnevermind, I don't need it refreshing if I am not looking at it anyways,  all I know is that it showed the server as being up when I was having trouble connecting about 7 hours before commenting here.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 565