Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944857 times)

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7215 on: February 07, 2014, 07:29:59 pm »

I ask this in all honesty: Screenshots of what, exactly? The code? The .csv files? The tables represented by a third-party spreadsheet editor? The results of a modified table shown in Starbound even though it wouldn't be representative of what the utility/mod does out of the box? I really don't know what I could show that would be informative and not misrepresentative of what my work does, with respect to the typical Starbound mod user.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: February 07, 2014, 07:32:12 pm »

Before and after shots of the distribution in game may help. Get a really extreme after, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: February 07, 2014, 07:55:18 pm »

Then I'd have to deal with people who install the util without reading the instructions, expecting that extreme distribution out of the box, only to be disappointed when they find nothing changed. Pictures are worth a thousand words, but they may not be the words you intend to say.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: February 07, 2014, 08:16:33 pm »

Screenshot for B12. I'm still reluctant to put this up on Chucklefish or Nexus.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: February 07, 2014, 08:22:05 pm »

Yeah, I think that'd do it. The planet is now diamonds.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: February 07, 2014, 08:28:35 pm »

...and coal and iron. Not that it has to be, which is the point. The user can change the distribution frequencies to whatever they'd like. Want less surface ore and more deep ore? Doable. Want loads of coal on the surface but nothing else? Doable. Want all ores on a Threat 1 world? Doable. Want to change the distributions of ores added by mods? Doable. (Can't change previously visited worlds, but that's a Starbound thing.)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: February 07, 2014, 09:02:03 pm »

Delete the file for that world?

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: February 07, 2014, 09:28:32 pm »

Well, yes, if you don't mind losing any and all changes you've made to that world.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: February 07, 2014, 10:23:09 pm »

That's perfect to those who want to skip the grind. Well, short of removing the boss items from crafting recipes.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: February 07, 2014, 11:51:39 pm »

No, really?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: February 08, 2014, 03:58:23 am »

I just discovered how to mod guns to fire odd projectiles. Like dragon fire... or meteors. Yes, meteors. I have guns that fire meteors now. It is as amazing as it sounds.

And the best thing is, it might just be compatible with vanilla servers. Obviously, restraint should be exercised, but come on, meteor guns.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: February 08, 2014, 04:21:26 am »

I just discovered how to mod guns to fire odd projectiles. Like dragon fire... or meteors. Yes, meteors. I have guns that fire meteors now. It is as amazing as it sounds.

And the best thing is, it might just be compatible with vanilla servers. Obviously, restraint should be exercised, but come on, meteor guns.
You should create a tech that launches a meteor downward, and boosts you upward. Call it a "Meteoristic Booster"...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: February 08, 2014, 04:28:33 am »

Hahahah, sorry, not at the moment. What I did was extremely easy. I don't actually have any serious modding experience to do something like that. Not yet.

Also, yes. Those special guns are compatible with vanilla servers. It is a bit alarming that that's the case, as large meteors can destroy anyone's hard work in mere seconds. But, then again, if someone was seriously determined to grief here, they would've already figured out how to mod guns to fire large meteors anyway, so I don't think there's too much danger at the moment...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: February 08, 2014, 04:29:49 am »

There's already a mod that lets you call in orbital strikes. Simulating mass driver bombardment is the next logical step.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7229 on: February 08, 2014, 06:11:56 am »

I'm making great progress on my house. Now that I don't have to fear meteors, I'm really enjoying it. Also the glowing rain I sometimes get is just beautiful.

Unfortunately Tellemurius' server is down at the moment, so I can't work on my library. Looking forward to that project, though.

Spoiler: Screenies of my base. (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 565