Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944703 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6795 on: January 14, 2014, 03:07:53 pm »

And yet it's still fun to putz around with. Got a mod that adds in ocean planets (Among other things). Let's just say it interacts with encounters in... odd ways. Underwater villages, dungeons with portions flooded by gravity-defying water, etc. Pretty amusing to see a bunch of Florans living in an underwater tree, TBH.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: January 14, 2014, 04:45:14 pm »

Yeah I don't understand judging the game as a finished product when they've openly admitted many, many times that most of the game systems aren't in yet or are in extremely preliminary balance stages. Quests aren't in, at least one major biome isn't in, lots of gear progression isn't in, sector progression isn't in, the map's getting reworked, 6 whole tiers aren't in, creatures are getting reworked, tech controls are getting reworked, pets are getting expanded... There's a huge list.

I don't think anyone is judging it as if though its a finished product...I am not at least...I just know until that stuff is in I won't play it much probably.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: January 15, 2014, 02:35:57 pm »

Yeah I don't understand judging the game as a finished product when they've openly admitted many, many times that most of the game systems aren't in yet or are in extremely preliminary balance stages. Quests aren't in, at least one major biome isn't in, lots of gear progression isn't in, sector progression isn't in, the map's getting reworked, 6 whole tiers aren't in, creatures are getting reworked, tech controls are getting reworked, pets are getting expanded... There's a huge list.

I don't really take anyone saying that they're taking a break during development as judging the final product. At this point there just isn't enough of the game completed to keep everyone enamored for a long time. Nothing wrong with that.

Feedback about the development plan and stated creative vision of the game is completely fair and shouldn't be dismissed as premature, though.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: January 15, 2014, 05:03:36 pm »

I'm not really sure how to express myself differently that wouldn't sound hostile or frustrated, which isn't the case at all. I'd rather just let that comment I made drop than risk derailing the thread or starting an interweb fight.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: January 21, 2014, 06:12:20 pm »

No conversation for nearly a week? Must remedy that.

A mod for all those looking to make their starbound a little more... dwarfy.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: January 21, 2014, 06:18:05 pm »

I think the reason nobody is talking about Starbound is because we're all waiting anxiously for the next update. At least, that's the situation for me.

Out of curiosity, when the next update comes out, does anyone plan to have a server up shortly after?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: January 21, 2014, 07:50:38 pm »

Does it burn?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: January 21, 2014, 07:55:10 pm »

It is in alpha, give it time. Hell, make a suggestion. It would probably be easy to make it fuel ships and a recipe to turn some into molotovs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: January 21, 2014, 09:43:11 pm »

I got excited, hoping for a playable race of dwarves. You disappoint me :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: January 21, 2014, 10:50:27 pm »

I got excited, hoping for a playable race of dwarves. You disappoint me :(

I was hoping it added thermonuclear kittens.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: January 21, 2014, 11:53:45 pm »

I was hoping they wouldn't make us wait a month for an update.  ;D
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have LIFTOFF ARGLEBLARLE
« Reply #6807 on: January 22, 2014, 01:38:12 am »

I have to say this.

LIFTOFF IS ONE WORD.

Seriously, this has been driving me insane since I first posted in this thread.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: January 22, 2014, 02:18:19 am »

It seems the update is further delayed until the weekend.
Aaargh...

I have to say this.

LIFTOFF IS ONE WORD.

Seriously, this has been driving me insane since I first posted in this thread.
If you have a serious problem with it, PM the OP. He's the only one who can change it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: January 22, 2014, 04:27:24 am »

And really, by now we've gone last liftoff a long time ago. We have indeed lift off.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 565