Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944807 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6675 on: January 01, 2014, 03:35:32 pm »

Have a slightly more useful post.
Lady Thorndancer welcomes you! When she's awake. :v
AUGH YOU MIXED THE TOXIC BIOME FURNITURE WITH THE FLOWER BIOME FURNITURE
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: January 01, 2014, 08:26:24 pm »

Aklyon's server is still up, but it... decided to reset planets.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: January 01, 2014, 08:31:32 pm »

This is going rather badly, honestly. Not sure why it keeps happening besides beta.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: January 02, 2014, 01:32:29 am »

Well just got the game and I love it. I have a Glitch for my first character and he has only an Avian tomb on the first planet he had to land on. Other than that there was nothing. I decided to leave. Next planet I found out the nastiness of a meteor shower. Then found an Avian sky ship. Thought they were pirates and proceeded to attack; I didn't know they were that killy....

Well I found nothing of interest on the planet other than that and I proceeded to go to a third planet... Well same thing except no death rocks from the sky. So decided to go inside the ship first thinking it will be easier to fight them at close quarters... Come to find out they were just a bunch of traders with weapons. Got a new gun from it. Then started to rip apart the ship with leaving the crew on the ground. Other than that nothing interesting on the planet.

Meanwhile my friend finds all neat and interesting items on his worlds. So WHY I GET SHIT PANETS?!?!
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: January 02, 2014, 02:24:27 am »

So I've been playing this the last few days.  It basically feels like Super Terraria in Space.  Which is awesome.  I'm totally not complaining.

Except there seems to be a double-edged sword to the game design.  They made a lot of ways for the gameplay to be more convenient.  Took out a lot of the tedious work aspects.  Which makes it a lot more fun to play on the one hand.  On the other hand, it also means there's very little to distract you as you fly through the equipment tier/threat level progression scheme to the very end in like 2 days.  And it doesn't seem like there's much reason to do anything else.  You can go exploring lots of worlds, but it doesn't take long to see every biome and dungeon type.  So it feels really short.  There needs to be some purpose outside of pure character advancement.

Besides that one critique, it's really great.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: January 02, 2014, 02:33:17 am »

The game is quite early Beta. Storyline is not finished, nor started, among many other unfinished things I'm sure. I assume once the story is done you will have much more to do. And I'm sure there will be more non-story related interesting stuff too.

That said, something that could distract you could be building houses, towns, cities, and so on and so fourth.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: January 02, 2014, 02:37:13 am »

It's beta version 1, the thing about this which they said on the release on steam is that version 1 is full of bugs and a touch unfinished, it's got the basics figured out however, stage 2 is the 'practically finished' stage, a small amount of bugs, but most of the features are put in while stage 3 is the official release, full storyline, quests and sugar and spice so I'm assuming that's why it feels a bit empty at the moment.
Edit: ninjas, they are everywhere.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: January 02, 2014, 12:27:29 pm »

The game is quite early Beta. Storyline is not finished, nor started, among many other unfinished things I'm sure. I assume once the story is done you will have much more to do. And I'm sure there will be more non-story related interesting stuff too.

That said, something that could distract you could be building houses, towns, cities, and so on and so fourth.

I kind of assumed as much.  I'm sure they'll be adding more stuff to do for a some time to come.

Building stuff for its own sake doesn't really do much for me.  I need some reason for what I'm building.  Once I'm motivated, I'll get into it and embellish a bit.  But there's little reason to build anything in Starbound.  I can set up all the workshop and storage space I need on my ship.  Given that, there's no reason to build anything on a home planet, because of fuel costs.  None of the bosses call for an arena set-up or anything, either.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: January 02, 2014, 12:47:33 pm »

Otaku of the universe, REJOICE

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/collectable-figurines.823/

EDIT: Also...you can teleport to the home planet for free whenever. No fuel costs?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: January 02, 2014, 01:47:50 pm »

Damnit. Touhou in yet another place?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: January 02, 2014, 02:03:47 pm »

Ha ha ha. There's no escape from Touhou, D. None. It's everywhere. Might as well just give up and give in, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: January 02, 2014, 02:08:26 pm »

I kind of assumed as much.  I'm sure they'll be adding more stuff to do for a some time to come.

Building stuff for its own sake doesn't really do much for me.  I need some reason for what I'm building.  Once I'm motivated, I'll get into it and embellish a bit.  But there's little reason to build anything in Starbound.  I can set up all the workshop and storage space I need on my ship.  Given that, there's no reason to build anything on a home planet, because of fuel costs.  None of the bosses call for an arena set-up or anything, either.

This is what is keeping me from playing too much right now...it's the same reason I never really got too deep into minecraft...building just to build doesn't do much for me. I need subjects to torture care for.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: January 02, 2014, 02:41:19 pm »

Ha ha ha. There's no escape from Touhou, D. None. It's everywhere. Might as well just give up and give in, y'know?
The only Touhou thing that I enjoy is an absolutely epic guitar cover of one of the songs. I wasn't really a fan of the games, and the fandom drives me up the walls.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: January 02, 2014, 03:01:32 pm »

The ship doesn't have enough storage space.
I have lined almost every wall with laboratory lockers and I'm still running out of spots to put my stolen furniture.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: January 02, 2014, 03:03:11 pm »

Kancolle seems to be picking up steam and possibly replace Touhou as the memetic fandom. Plus we have ponies everywhere for the western people.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 565