Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945308 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6630 on: December 31, 2013, 01:18:34 am »

It's "dwarf", uncapitalized.

Unfortunately, it's down again. While I had someone's rusty girders. An awkward situation to be sure.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: December 31, 2013, 01:19:23 am »

lol, great damn crashes during megaprojects.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: December 31, 2013, 01:21:41 am »

It was upset that it could no longer send birds after me while building a sand pillar into the sky.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: December 31, 2013, 02:07:13 am »

Probably, but on a different note, I've spent some time and got some more materials, if and when the server comes back I'll keep building the best I can.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: December 31, 2013, 04:04:05 am »

Well some news, things above the planets like asteroids right outside the atmosphere are static like terrain features, and the tiny arid planet at -8 -11 A sector with the large asteroid chunk above the two tunnels and avian village, will always be there. So I've now claimed it as March's moon.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: December 31, 2013, 07:09:42 am »

How do you make a helmet allowing you to breathe on moons and asteroid fields?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6636 on: December 31, 2013, 08:56:22 am »

It turns out my netbook is too slow to run Starbound's map gen fast enough for no lag. Sadness!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: December 31, 2013, 09:07:27 am »

It turns out my netbook is too slow to run Starbound's map gen fast enough for no lag. Sadness!
I'm surprised a netbook can run starbound in the first place, one of those tiny cramped minilaptops never did much for me.

Anyway, server should be up in a few minutes unless starbound updates (or has a fit).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6638 on: December 31, 2013, 09:08:38 am »

I'm surprised a netbook can run starbound in the first place, one of those tiny cramped minilaptops never did much for me.

Anyway, server should be up in a few minutes unless starbound updates (or has a fit).
I hoped it would be at least fast enough to run the server, but alas!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: December 31, 2013, 09:21:27 am »

I'm thinking of picking the game up as soon as I can get money in the bank and I was wondering, does it require a particularly majestic machine to play? I mean, I can play Terraria on medium-highish settings with no problem, but this game appears to be a bit more graphically intensive.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: December 31, 2013, 09:28:56 am »

Well, I have an integrated graphics and 4gb ram, I can run the server fine. It panics if I want to load both parts at once, but after its loaded both sides work without usually crashing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: December 31, 2013, 09:43:12 am »

* Sean Mirrsen gleefully plays Starbound at 1920x1080p on his Samsung tablet PC, whistling innocently.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: December 31, 2013, 09:47:45 am »

* Sean Mirrsen gleefully plays Starbound at 1920x1080p on his Samsung tablet PC, whistling innocently.
Thats not a netbook if it can run 1920x1080p :P
The best I've seen on a netbook was 1024x800, and it had one of those tiny cramped physical keyboards builtin to it with ubuntu netbook remix.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: December 31, 2013, 09:58:57 am »

Thats not a netbook if it can run 1920x1080p :P
The best I've seen on a netbook was 1024x800, and it had one of those tiny cramped physical keyboards builtin to it with ubuntu netbook remix.
Those were the old netbooks, a-la EeePC and such. Now it's all UMPCs and convertibles like my Samsung. A tablet PC is, by all counts, less of a PC than a netbook, since it only has the same case that houses its screen for all of its hardware. And yet modern tablet PCs outshine UMPCs in some regards, especially with keyboard docks.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: December 31, 2013, 10:15:42 am »

I'm thinking of picking the game up as soon as I can get money in the bank and I was wondering, does it require a particularly majestic machine to play? I mean, I can play Terraria on medium-highish settings with no problem, but this game appears to be a bit more graphically intensive.
Starbound pushes my comp about as hard as T does (And I run T with everything that can be turned off, turned off. Starbound doesn't have turn off buttons yet, mostly), maybe a little more, but not notably. T's actually (was, anyway, before the latest patches) worse with some of the more intensive mods or with the wrong lighting. I posted my specs a few pages back. SB's just... not a very heavy game, relatively, and presumably will become even lighter as optimization and whatnot gets put it (though that may be a while, yet.).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 565