Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944462 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6525 on: December 27, 2013, 05:59:56 pm »

I appear to have struck that FTL multiplayer bug on Aklyon's server.

Fack.
No, the server just crashed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: December 27, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »

Not surprised, the server was having lots of random lag spikes for quite a while.

Oh well, gives me an excuse to go back to singleplayer and get stuff from there.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: December 27, 2013, 06:05:39 pm »

Should be back up.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: December 27, 2013, 06:44:31 pm »

Suspicion: confirmed. Starting planet had a meteor shower that obliterated my crops, house, workbench, and me, multiple times.

Guess it's back to living on a ship. -_-
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: December 27, 2013, 07:34:22 pm »

server up for stress test, tellehome.myvnc.com

It will be going down this weekend for a bit as im moving a new router into my network.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: December 27, 2013, 07:59:02 pm »

Aklyon is afk. :P

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: December 27, 2013, 08:03:59 pm »

So now that the Beta's been out a while, has anyone made any attempts to try to find the minimum system requirements? I really want to try this, but no point in wasting money. :-\
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: December 27, 2013, 08:06:30 pm »

So now that the Beta's been out a while, has anyone made any attempts to try to find the minimum system requirements? I really want to try this, but no point in wasting money. :-\
This game eats ram like candy, other than that i can probably could make it run on a pentium 4 at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: December 27, 2013, 08:34:20 pm »

I'm running on a 2.1(ish) ghz dual core, 4(ish) gigs ram, 256 meg integrated video card... I think. The video card might be a 1 gig one. Not a gaming optimized one regardless. HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, but there's apparently like three bloody versions of the dv7 or some rampant nonsense so gods only know what the actual hardware is.

Starbound's been running fine even when there's less than two gigs of RAM free, though. Mostly maxes out the CPU but it runs fairly smoothly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: December 27, 2013, 10:09:20 pm »

Aklyon is afk. :P
Not afk, the power went out for a bit and I felt terrible so I just left the computer off.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: December 27, 2013, 10:25:39 pm »

It's actually not going to be a good time to judge until the very end of the last phase of beta, when all the systems are in and they do optimization passes. The game's bulky and buggy right now, so it's hard to say what the final setup is going to be.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: December 27, 2013, 11:32:09 pm »

...but there's apparently like three bloody versions of the dv7 or some rampant nonsense...
It's actually closer to 20, when you count all the vendor specific (Best Buy, Sam's Club, Costco, etc.) models. I should know, I had to memorize 12 spec sheets for my area just for the dv7.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: December 27, 2013, 11:39:47 pm »

Completely divorced from Starbound, but I sincerely hope someone got fired for that, MZ. That's, just... well. It's certainly not to the consumer's benefit, that's for sure, and probably explains why it's been such a pain in the rear to find drivers and system specs and whatnot in the past. Wish I knew whether it'd be safe to stick another harddrive in the thing... it's got space for it, but no clue about power, whatever software/hardware settings would need to be mucked with, so on, so forth. And I haven't been able to find out. Apparently because there's a dozen of the bloody things on the market, and gods only know what manuals apply to which. Thinking on it, something like this is probably why the monitor replacement I tried to do for the last HP laptop didn't work out...

I do vaguely remember it having some sort of specific code or... something... but I think there was like two or three different versions of that, too. Massively stupid thing to do. Had to have made administration and logistics considerably more troublesome than it should have been :-\

Regardless, to the original point, while it's the strongest computer I've ever had access to, it's still pretty damn weak in the overall scheme of things. Starbound's not exactly the heaviest program I've tried to run, not by a long shot.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:42:36 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: December 28, 2013, 02:23:01 am »

HP is pretty good at making serial numbers look short compared to the model code. But not really for lack of necessity, but more for a large amount of bloodsucking shit-for-brains middle-management. Even the NON-bloodsucking shit-for-brains type would be fine. BAZING! Relate-able office humor! Directed guidance towards what's good for the company and in turn also for yourself, NOBODY LIKES YOU, i guess would be what i'm trying to say here, albeit quite confusingly.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 03:53:07 am by Tylui »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: December 28, 2013, 03:41:10 am »

The problem with HP, and I was a third party vendor (so take this with a grain of salt,) is that it's absolutely massive. It takes them approximately 18-26 months, from what I've been told, to roll out new items because there is so much bureaucracy, and trying to appease all of the vendors all at once.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 565