Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944544 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6420 on: December 24, 2013, 08:25:45 pm »

I got to 23 height and nothing but failure.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: December 24, 2013, 08:56:22 pm »

So tree farms on big ships are a thing now? At least the whole fuel problem is solved. Actually, can you make a uranium or iron tree? Just for laziness purposes.

Also, I'll be getting those copies of Starbound soon. So if you won Scriptwolf's comp, message me.
It's a game. Have fun.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: December 24, 2013, 08:58:05 pm »

I wonder if the trees just check for roof tiles, preventing them from growing underground...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: December 24, 2013, 09:02:18 pm »

Nope, I've grown them underground. And then failed to grow a tree in the exact same circumstances.  ::)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: December 24, 2013, 09:07:07 pm »

Yeah, I've got nothing, then.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6425 on: December 24, 2013, 09:16:04 pm »

Either it's intentionally not 100% or it tries to place a random tree and if that particular tree doesn't fit then it doesn't place anything.

I'm guessing, anyway. I'm not programmer. :v

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: December 24, 2013, 11:15:41 pm »

Oh my goodness, Defense turrets are awesome. Costing a single pixel, and being apparently free to repair, you can finally have an open skyline without the constant fear of some random animal trying to murder you.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: December 24, 2013, 11:57:43 pm »

where would one find a defense turret? I would love not to die every eight seconds caving.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: December 25, 2013, 12:41:54 am »

You have to make it at the 3D printer on your ship for 1 pixel. I'm not 100% sure when it's unlocked, but it's before Delta.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: December 25, 2013, 03:35:06 am »

Players don't know about my plant fibre.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: December 25, 2013, 04:51:35 am »

~*Bandages Forever~*
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: December 25, 2013, 05:16:43 am »

So, I just discovered a neat little underground mini biome. It's full of miniature houses and lamposts which when hit explode into pixels... and the walls and background are made out of awesome looking "soft brick" that you could easily use for many types of houses.

I have mined thousands of the bricks so far. And there's still far more. Someone help me, I'm a hoarder and I have so much to hoard aaaaaaah...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6432 on: December 25, 2013, 07:40:08 am »

If there is a single thing they did best, it is the sheer amount of biomes, including, even, on occasion differences beyond "new blocks to build with"!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: December 25, 2013, 07:45:09 am »

If there is a single thing they did best, it is the sheer amount of biomes, including, even, on occasion differences beyond "new blocks to build with"!
n everything but those flowers and trees.

That too. All those descriptions! (THough I would like if I referred to my female character as..well, female. 'Guy', while gender-neutral mosta'the times, seems like a generic placeholder. :P)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: December 25, 2013, 11:03:15 am »

I really don't understand how the MP works in starbound. When it asks for "Server account" and "server password", what is it actually asking for? Your account for the server? The server's account? Your account and a password set by the server?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 565