Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944863 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6375 on: December 24, 2013, 06:40:57 am »

Started a new character. Spawned literally on top of an Avian temple. Made it my house. Found a chef spawner in a chest, in like the second cave to the left.
When I started a new character and spawned, I was messing around on my unimportant starting location, getting the basics ready, and not minutes after I went mining just nearby a large meteor hit right on the spawn point and knocked out my crafting table, carving a giant circular crater in this one specific spot where I just happen to spawn which also happens to be between two hills. If that wasn't a sign of the game being out to get me then I don't know what is.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: December 24, 2013, 08:14:40 am »

It turns out that only the planet's shape and fixed structures are part of the planet seed. Everything else is randomized so no eyeball trees for me. On the plus side, I found a Glitch village on my landing zone in one of the planets in the system.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #6377 on: December 24, 2013, 11:12:58 am »

is there a list of servers anywhere? I need some multi.
I got nothing

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: December 24, 2013, 11:15:49 am »

So I was generating a name for a Hylotl.
First try: Twerkeeper. Uh, okay.
Second: Brokisser. Game?
Third: Twerk-leaf. GAAAAAAAAAAAME
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: December 24, 2013, 11:21:04 am »

I got Brofish. Best name ever.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: December 24, 2013, 12:22:46 pm »

Apparently, matter blocks disappear if they don't hit a wall. I should have covered the whole thing instead of a small wall to protect myself.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: December 24, 2013, 12:28:07 pm »

I've heard that the current version of Starbound is rather buggy, so I'll wait for the next one.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #6382 on: December 24, 2013, 12:28:52 pm »

I've had them land on the floor and be fine before.

I've heard that the current version of Starbound is rather buggy, so I'll wait for the next one.
Latest version seems reasonably stable to me, aside from the music bugs.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: December 24, 2013, 12:33:35 pm »

I've had them land on the floor and be fine before.

Latest version seems reasonably stable to me, aside from the music bugs.
And the minibiome issue.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: December 24, 2013, 12:43:12 pm »

We need to start a new thread with an active OP. The frequency of people asking for server information is getting kind of silly.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6385 on: December 24, 2013, 12:45:39 pm »

I was a bit bothered with my new game going, I collected a fair amount of stuff, set some stuff in my ship and stored stuff in my locker for sorting out later on (had to take some time off), returned to an update, and my locker was cleared as was my ship, and apparently I was reset to a new game status. Lost a fair amount of crap, resources, and I have to kill another UFO to get my molten core back to upgrade my anvil again. Also I lost many pixels in the process.

On the plus side, the crap that didn't get lost helped me blaze past the tutorial missions, and helped me retain enough surplus to make another distress beacon in far less time. Also it also helped that my upgraded equipment (silver pickaxe) and stronger weapons (for the time being) are still around. So there's that. :/

Also, I'm still in the same systems I was earlier, so I might stop back at where I collected some of my old crap, and made a makeshift base at, and see if that's still aorund, otherwise, I hope they're restocked with loot. There were at least 3-4 buildings I looted when I first started.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:57:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: December 24, 2013, 12:49:39 pm »

We need to start a new thread with an active OP. The frequency of people asking for server information is getting kind of silly.

I'm on the first page. GIVE ME SERVERS AND I WILL CHANGE MY POST YOU FOOLS

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #6387 on: December 24, 2013, 01:39:05 pm »

iron ore seems to rare, i got a mod that gives one ingot per ore, but I wish it was just easier to find it.

Couldn't find a mod that increased iron ore on planets.
I got nothing

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: December 24, 2013, 02:26:20 pm »

Iron is rare? To me, it seems like it drops as often as most other types of ore, at least until Titanium starts coming into play where it promptly drops off the map (though the later experience is from the last version of the game).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #6389 on: December 24, 2013, 02:28:18 pm »

Iron bottleneck in early game seems to be a common complaint, judging by google searches.
I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 565