Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945016 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6345 on: December 23, 2013, 05:12:08 pm »

looks like some flavour of linux

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: December 23, 2013, 05:24:39 pm »

Ubuntu, more specifically.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: December 23, 2013, 06:29:30 pm »

Starbound's updating. Could this be the minibiome bug fix?
* Slayerhero90 prays to Syeadikuzh and Calianet despite the fact that the former is a massive narcissistic douche and the latter simply doesn't care *
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: December 23, 2013, 06:35:01 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/5IQDwLZ.png

I am a shirtless Santa Claus wearing Santa armlets sitting on a ship while 10 giant giftboxes hop around my spaceship.
This game is so awesome.

Well now I feel like I want to play again.

What OS is that by the way?
People said this, but I'll verify that it is indeed Ubuntu. I find it's the easiest to get to work with Steam and stuff.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: December 23, 2013, 08:40:40 pm »

Any server up?  If so, are we having any attempted 'challenge' to make the most holiday area?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: December 23, 2013, 09:24:54 pm »

This works if you want your sandbox ship back: http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/71/?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:47 pm »

Any server up?  If so, are we having any attempted 'challenge' to make the most holiday area?
I'm also looking for a server, the ones I've been on I can't seem to connect to right now.

Also, with the new saplings, you can have insane amounts of fuel in a short period of time. Simply make a huge line of dirt in the sky, put down some saplings, wait four minutes, and repeat. I probably can grow about 50-100 trees at a time right now and it's great. No more coal limitations for me!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: December 23, 2013, 11:04:05 pm »

I'm trying to find those crystal balloon trees and viney eyeball trees. Are tree types part of planet seeds or are they generated on the spot?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: December 23, 2013, 11:17:00 pm »

I'm personally going to be farming the metal-log trees and crystal trees. Other trees are simple enough to come by.
Do these give special wood types?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: December 23, 2013, 11:17:50 pm »

I'm trying to find those crystal balloon trees and viney eyeball trees. Are tree types part of planet seeds or are they generated on the spot?
I just saw Eyeball trees at this place if you want to try:
X: 57796010 Y: 78821234
Alpha Matar Majoris IV b

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: December 23, 2013, 11:23:49 pm »

I'm personally going to be farming the metal-log trees and crystal trees. Other trees are simple enough to come by.
Dunno about the metal ones (if it's the ones I'm thinking of, then no, they don't), but the crystal ones drop crystal instead of wood. There's also cactus trees and rainbow wood trees that I've personally seen, and apparently there's plant fiber ones as well. Not counting the eyeball trees, which just drop extra eyeballs.

The best wood, naturally, is rainbow wood. Actually reminds me the wipe nuked the 2k or so unrefined logs I had sitting in my ship. Still have several hundred blocks (not logs) in my inventory, but m'gonna' have to go find more. I'm not sure there's a more amusing block type than ~Rainbow~ to use to lock down those giant mobs. Also kinda' hilarious to use to cover over Apex trap junk, as well. Eat rainbow, poison pools! Hahahahahaha!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: December 23, 2013, 11:49:13 pm »

Could somebody do me a favor and post a picture of the spawn of a random planet or two, and their locations? (and your operating system)
I've heard a couple people say that having a different OS might cause the game's generator to act a bit different, and give you slightly to completely different planets. I know at least a couple planets I've gone to that people have posted on other sites have been slightly off from the descriptions, and want to double check.

If so, that's really obnoxious >_<

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: December 23, 2013, 11:52:46 pm »

It's very annoying to fight jumping monsters in low grav planets. They jump high and homes in you you like a guided bomb.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: December 23, 2013, 11:59:47 pm »

They have the same mid-air redirection you do.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: December 24, 2013, 12:21:03 am »

The trees with metal trunks normally drop regular wood, but some of them (no idea how to discern which, but they are only (rarely) found on lava and magma planets) drop metal-coated wood instead of logs, which can be made into smooth metal blocks.

Then crystal trees drop crystals, and I LOVE crystal furniture. My only regret is that I've never been able to get many crystals.
Violium furniture is an okay substitute to crystal. I love rubium as well.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 565