Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945327 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5985 on: December 18, 2013, 06:47:18 am »

They do not. They call Apex 'Monkey Man'.

However, the Floran introduction is a mysterious metaphorical allegory about memories and forgetting which seems to point loosely towards floran being less advanced than they perhaps should be.

And I've never actually seen any reference to Greenfinger's race or day-job.
Considering the most 'progressive' work of art ever produced by a floran is 'Floran Peace', which is a 300 page book about stabbing Hlyotl, 50 pages of which are a tirade insulting Hlyotl, I have to be convinced that Greenfinger is either a messiah or a completely different race altogether.

(I should really put all my found codex entries on the wiki)
Which I Just Did.
There's currently no way to access more than a few entries at a time without some sheer luck, however, so it's sparse for now.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:27:59 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #5986 on: December 18, 2013, 06:48:01 am »

I'm not sure why the murderous plant people are the cutest, but they manage it anyway.
*shrug*
Sssmassssh sssmassssh alssso good.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: December 18, 2013, 07:19:34 am »

It is going to be interesting when florans can upgrade their ship. The ship they have no idea how to build, they just took over and put up some vines...

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #5988 on: December 18, 2013, 07:24:12 am »

Maybe the vines will grow new rooms for them? So you end up with the Apex ship as a core with the plantrooms all around? That'd be kinda cool.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: December 18, 2013, 08:48:44 am »

Which I Just Did.
There's currently no way to access more than a few entries at a time without some sheer luck, however, so it's sparse for now.
If you're trying to make a comprehensive wiki entry, you should probably put all of the codices onto that, not just the ones you found. Look in assets/codex/ for a complete list.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5990 on: December 18, 2013, 09:27:32 am »

... Zubat?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:03:58 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: December 18, 2013, 09:32:02 am »

Zubat plus mohawk.

T-bat?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: December 18, 2013, 09:37:49 am »

Do you people have no idea how to crop pictures or use spoiler tags?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: December 18, 2013, 09:59:14 am »

... no idea, Gir. No bloody idea. How tempting it is to take a gigantic screenshot with the statement "Knowledge is not Will" spelled out in blocks in the middle, and then post it unspoilered and uncropped.

So to save us all the bandwidth and annoyance (since I do know how to spoiler and crop, and greatly prefer to), just... picture it for me. Please ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5994 on: December 18, 2013, 10:02:43 am »

So to save us all the bandwidth and annoyance (since I do know how to spoiler and crop, and greatly prefer to), just... picture it for me. Please ;_;

I'm pretty sure spoilered images still suck up bandwidth.

Do you people have no idea how to crop pictures or use spoiler tags?

I could have cropped it, I suppose, to just show the relevant parts... But sometimes you're playing a game, post a screenshot and don't actually realize how large it is then go back to playing without realizing that somebody on the other side of the world would be inconvenienced by the humongous screenshot. Normally I pride myself for keeping picture etiquette most of the time, aggressively using height/width tags or cropping whenever possible.

edit: a tired sky says stupid things
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:13:22 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: December 18, 2013, 10:21:07 am »

Which I Just Did.
If you're trying to make a comprehensive wiki entry, you should probably put all of the codices onto that, not just the ones you found. Look in assets/codex/ for a complete list.
That sounds like a great idea.
I'll do that after I wait a few days and see whether or not the wiki people take them down for whatever reason.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: December 18, 2013, 10:26:47 am »

I have to ask: is there any point in going to the Beta sector? I'm still running around the Alpha sector with almost a full set of steel armor; just need some more pixels to complete the set. Iron and coal to make more steel aren't exactly uncommon. The only reason I can imagine going to the Beta sector for is to find better weapons.

Floran ssstab ssstab <3
Floran prefer ssslash to stab, but it floran likesss to stab that isss fine with floran.
Floran isss wizard, so floran use wizard ssstaff.

Isss big ssstaff. Good for crushing crittersss and breaking blocksss.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: December 18, 2013, 10:41:08 am »

Every sector introduces you to new ores and better weapons, but there are also sector-specific upgrades. I don't remember exactly when you get to make the paintgun, wiregun, or pokeballs, but it isn't in Alpha sec.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: December 18, 2013, 10:44:30 am »

You can make both of those guns with the Mk3 starmap. You just need materials.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: December 18, 2013, 11:01:09 am »

I have to ask: is there any point in going to the Beta sector? I'm still running around the Alpha sector with almost a full set of steel armor; just need some more pixels to complete the set. Iron and coal to make more steel aren't exactly uncommon. The only reason I can imagine going to the Beta sector for is to find better weapons.

Roughly half the biomes in the game don't spawn in Alpha sector. If you enjoy exploration, you'll want to get to X Sector ASAP.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 565