Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944532 times)

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5730 on: December 14, 2013, 03:10:46 pm »

Is there a Bay 12 server? If so, what's the IP?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: December 14, 2013, 03:21:17 pm »

Look a few posts back, theres mine and forsaken's, depending on what has server problems or not.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: December 14, 2013, 03:29:33 pm »

Welp Starbound's out and I can't afford it! Anyone feeling gifty this Christmas season? :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: December 14, 2013, 03:36:47 pm »

I've just realized that Starbound as it currently is lacks something essential, without which it will never reach its full potential. There are no bagpipes.

Found a legendary weapon in gamma sector. A tesla staff(spear) shoots little lightning bolts. Pity it has alpha sector damage, and is thus worthless.

And really, at this point you could probably kill the ufo with a rubber chicken.
I found one in X sector that does Delta sector damage, too. Looks like it's just a novelty.

The world tree is bearing fruit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hey, my latest starting planet was around a star named Yggdrasil!

EDIT:Forgot I came here to ask, where can I get guns? Is there any sort of specific area that's more likely to have a merchant?
Arid, desert and grasslands seem to be the prime candidates for avian sky pirates, who sell guns. Look for an anchor and have a lot of noobtoweringblocks.

On that note, what are the coolest weapons y'all have found? Mine's still the flamethrower rifle, though in a world of 1000-2000 DPS its 60 DPS has become pitful. Still useful for lighting, though.

I don't think that the sky pirates have "preferred" biomes; I've found them just as often on moons, magma worlds, and jungles as the ones you listed. :/

My favorite is still the landmine sniper, but my 5k damage rocket launcher is pretty cool. I also picked up a mediocre green grenade launcher that shoots plasma grenades.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: December 14, 2013, 04:33:45 pm »

I really need to get with the program. I've got 16 hours logged thus far and I've done nothing but piss around in one or two systems of the Alpha sector.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: December 14, 2013, 04:36:36 pm »

So... I modified a diamond piackaxe to be about 5 times stronger than normal and mine 25 tiles at once instead of 9. It makes cleanup of dungeon blocks MUCH faster.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5736 on: December 14, 2013, 04:44:15 pm »

I reset the server again. Should be good now. Just PM me when/if it drops.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: December 14, 2013, 04:48:52 pm »

My favorite is still the landmine sniper, but my 5k damage rocket launcher is pretty cool. I also picked up a mediocre green grenade launcher that shoots plasma grenades.

From playing on Aklyserver a bit, Wrex has a flamerifle of his own, and a sniper rifle that splits into two bullets midflight that go way off course thus pretty much defeating the point. They also split on contact with surfaces, by the looks of it.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: December 14, 2013, 04:52:21 pm »

Look a few posts back, theres mine and forsaken's, depending on what has server problems or not.

I guess I'm blind because I can't find it.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: December 14, 2013, 04:58:26 pm »

I guess I'm blind because I can't find it.

Forsaken's is muse.dyndns.tv

I'm not sure what Aklyon's is.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: December 14, 2013, 05:01:11 pm »

Mine is lyoncraft.dyndns.org
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: December 14, 2013, 05:10:23 pm »

I saw a gif of a sniper rifle that exploded into 3 bullets in mid-air, but it seemed to always split exactly where the mouse was.  Does that apply?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: December 14, 2013, 05:23:17 pm »

I saw a gif of a sniper rifle that exploded into 3 bullets in mid-air, but it seemed to always split exactly where the mouse was.  Does that apply?
That bullet type is one of the higher tier ones, so far I've only seen it on legendary weapons.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: December 14, 2013, 05:59:27 pm »

Gentlemen.
DON'T TRY TO TAKE STEAM SCREENSHOTS.
I tried it. My screen started having a bad trip, and when it was over it had fucked Starbound's resolution.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: December 14, 2013, 06:11:20 pm »

That's weird, I can take Steam-shots just fine.

E: Are you playing in full-screen mode or windowed mode?
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 565