Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945276 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5715 on: December 14, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »

Nope.

Also, they fixed the 3dprinter duplication bug D:

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: December 14, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »

The world tree is bearing fruit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: December 14, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »

I'm just not sure if everyone's clear on this. You can make your own server. You can PM people you want on it. Or just make it public. Or b12 public.

Hmhnmmmn, I'm going to maliciously buy copies of Starbound before Xmas and host alpha mods on my server. Bleh. Forsaken, cheers mate, but I don't know if they get it. lol
The point of it was to concentrate us in one place, rather than having half a dozen servers that all die because there are only two or three people who use them.
It is a good point and all, but for now its doesn't seem quite doable, so perhaps two instead? I should have one working at lyoncraft.dyndns.org (same bay12 password), and until they fix things I'll probably try to have it up if forsaken's is down and people really want a multiplayer, unless its super early in the morning, I don't have a server like forsaken does.

He's super-cool for tolerating this as much as he does.
He certainly is this though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: December 14, 2013, 01:01:22 pm »

Hey, my latest starting planet was around a star named Yggdrasil!

EDIT:Forgot I came here to ask, where can I get guns? Is there any sort of specific area that's more likely to have a merchant?
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: December 14, 2013, 01:05:00 pm »

EDIT:Forgot I came here to ask, where can I get guns? Is there any sort of specific area that's more likely to have a merchant?
Arid, desert and grasslands seem to be the prime candidates for avian sky pirates, who sell guns. Look for an anchor and have a lot of noobtoweringblocks.

On that note, what are the coolest weapons y'all have found? Mine's still the flamethrower rifle, though in a world of 1000-2000 DPS its 60 DPS has become pitful. Still useful for lighting, though.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: December 14, 2013, 01:42:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure we have been over this... DON'T SCAN THE SPAWNERS!
I kind of hope they are a temporary measure, and in the future you will be able to recruit NPCs and either leave them on your ship or take them with you planetside.

TOO LATE. My tool spawner was lost quite a while ago.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5721 on: December 14, 2013, 02:30:48 pm »

On spawners, I have a local server for me and my brothers. On the starting planet one of them found a chef spawner. best thing ever!

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: December 14, 2013, 02:39:00 pm »

Arid, desert and grasslands seem to be the prime candidates for avian sky pirates, who sell guns. Look for an anchor and have a lot of noobtoweringblocks.

On that note, what are the coolest weapons y'all have found? Mine's still the flamethrower rifle, though in a world of 1000-2000 DPS its 60 DPS has become pitful. Still useful for lighting, though.
I found a Pupil Sword. It has awful DPS, maybe as good as the strongest tier one weapons. But it's made of eyeballs, bones, and meat, and spews clouds of blood when you swing it.

Is it possible to find multiple races on one world?

EDIT: Found something that I haven't seen before, nor seen anywhere else. It's a tunnel made of stone that I haven't seen elsewhere, it has a haystack and oil lamps. It also has a ton more ore density than anywhere else.
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:00:10 pm by Squill »
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: December 14, 2013, 02:44:47 pm »

I believe the hermits are all race-coordinated, but the hermits and the town are not necessarily of the same race.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: December 14, 2013, 02:49:01 pm »

I have seen solo of one race in houses from a different race.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: December 14, 2013, 02:49:16 pm »

I'm gearing up to fight the UFO (which I haven't beaten before, but my last attempt was pre-level-changing-patch).  I've got all iron armor, some tech, etc...what sort of DPS should I be looking for on weaponry at this point?
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: December 14, 2013, 02:51:13 pm »

Found a legendary weapon in gamma sector. A tesla staff(spear) shoots little lightning bolts. Pity it has alpha sector damage, and is thus worthless.

And really, at this point you could probably kill the ufo with a rubber chicken.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: December 14, 2013, 02:52:56 pm »

And really, at this point you could probably kill the ufo with a rubber chicken.

Damn, haven't found one of those yet.  :(  All I've got is this bloody great hammer.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: December 14, 2013, 02:56:49 pm »

What I'd LOVE to see in the game...  Sacrificing weapons to improve other weapons up to the same point.  Find a terrifying flesh sword?  If you get another 2h sword, you can sacrifice the better stat weapon to improve the lower stat weapon, but not exceeding its DPS, or its speed or damage.  So if you found several hammers, you can combine them to get the look/attributes of one you want, but the hit-per-swing of the best hammer you've found, but the total damage per swing cannot exceed the damage of the best item you're sacrificing.  It'd make the same check for each of DPS, speed, and damage, and stop improving a weapon once it hits the lowest value of the three of the sac'd weapon.

Kinda complicated, I can explain in more detail, but essentially a way to bring Alpha weapons that look awesome of have glorious bubble effects, and make them Beta damage quality WITHOUT becoming brokenly powerful.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: December 14, 2013, 02:58:32 pm »

Oh.  I just beat the UFO.

Jeez, compared to my last attempt, that was...amazingly straightforward.

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 565