Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945308 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5385 on: December 12, 2013, 01:21:50 am »

I haven't even found any NPCs, aside from beasties that want to eat my face. Do you have to beat the first boss to find them?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: December 12, 2013, 01:23:28 am »

Floran villages are the best, and the natives are so nice! Ok, so a few threatened to eat me, but the rest just wanted to be friends. Still, the entire place has much cooler stuff than those boring Apex cities.

Also I found out that florans call their family members 'cacoon-kin', god that is adorable!

I haven't even found any NPCs, aside from beasties that want to eat my face. Do you have to beat the first boss to find them?
Nope. I found a city full of Apex on my starter planet. They just show up sometimes.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: December 12, 2013, 01:23:34 am »

Another thing I wanted to mention is how bad Avian melee AI is at the moment. Their melee troops tend to run around in circles, or sprint past me.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: December 12, 2013, 01:24:38 am »

So far, it seems that I've only encountered only Avians. I'm pretty sure they're the most likely option when genning a planet.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: December 12, 2013, 01:25:05 am »

There should be an NPC settlement or a major dungeon on every planet. Do a round trip around your planets and look for the suspiciously flat ground.

On another note, it seems like every single person from the happy thread is playing Starbound now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:42 am »

Forsaken's server seems to be down.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: December 12, 2013, 01:31:08 am »

Yeah, the way to find them is to circumnavigate every world you land on. If you see an anchor hanging from the sky, build up beside the chain to reach the skypirate ship. The gun merchant is on the top deck left cabin.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: December 12, 2013, 01:35:57 am »

I picked up an assault rifle and pistol. I liked the names :p

Also picked up a crappy knife for the same reason. I'll save up some pixels and come back to pick up a sniper rifle.

One thing I'm grateful for is that NPCs don't seem to be able to tell that you're stealing stuff. Despite several pirates warning me not to touch anything, I was able to loot as I pleased and no-one cared. Got a nice anchor for my spaceship and lots of decorations.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: December 12, 2013, 01:37:46 am »

So far, it seems that I've only encountered only Avians. I'm pretty sure they're the most likely option when genning a planet.

This isn't true I'm sure. Most villages and towns I've ran into myself are glitch or apex. I've only ran into one small (Very small, one guard and 2 civilians) Avian settlement, a lone human merchant, a couple of floran houses, and just today some very strange avian houses that people vanished from. I don't think anyone is more common than anyone, other than humans  (And I think hyotl too) being rarer since they have no towns.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: December 12, 2013, 01:38:48 am »

So I have been reading some of the books in this village... It seems at some point a Glitch came to study the florans. I have part II of his journal, but no sign of part one, or any more to come. Still, I did find an entry called 'A charcoal drawing'

The entry reads as:
[The drawing depicts a floran standing at a cooking pot, forcing a Hylotl down with a wooden spoon. Another, younger floran looks on, accompanied by what seems to be a glitch.]

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: December 12, 2013, 01:39:34 am »

I picked up an assault rifle and pistol. I liked the names :p

Also picked up a crappy knife for the same reason. I'll save up some pixels and come back to pick up a sniper rifle.

One thing I'm grateful for is that NPCs don't seem to be able to tell that you're stealing stuff. Despite several pirates warning me not to touch anything, I was able to loot as I pleased and no-one cared. Got a nice anchor for my spaceship and lots of decorations.
That gives me the most awesome idea. I'm gonna build a wooden space pirate ship.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: December 12, 2013, 01:40:23 am »

This isn't true I'm sure. Most villages and towns I've ran into myself are glitch or apex. I've only ran into one small (Very small, one guard and 2 civilians) Avian settlement, a lone human merchant, a couple of floran houses, and just today some very strange avian houses that people vanished from. I don't think anyone is more common than anyone, other than humans  (And I think hyotl too) being rarer since they have no towns.
The vast majority of the NPCs I've encountered have been avians, even disregarding the heavily-populated skypirate ship. I think I met three glitch, a few human and Apex bandits...and that's it so far. No fellow florans, no fish-people yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: December 12, 2013, 01:46:12 am »

Most of my encounters are split between Apex and Apex ruins, USCM bases or prisons, and the.... I think they're renegade Glitch with the monolithic polyhedron labs that have the matter makers. If I find a merchant, it's probably floran. Maybe 2 glitch villages. 2 or 3 avian sky pirates.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: December 12, 2013, 01:47:14 am »

So far I have found no Glitch or Hylotl to speak of, a few scattered Avian houses and airships, several Apex cities, a few underground human complexes full of robots, and now a city of Florans. No prisons, but I did find a frog.
I like the Floran city the most, the glowing lights are really cool.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: December 12, 2013, 01:51:25 am »

He figured out the iron armor thing, I was just blind :P Got the ufo, the starmap, and am currently in beta sectors. Damn, they are a real step up in difficulty  :o
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 565