Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944481 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5160 on: December 11, 2013, 04:10:13 am »

goddamit, I was browsing Scott Manley's videos for his update to his KSP series, saw him trying starbound, and next thing I know I'm on steam downloading it. I mean, that guy should get paid to play games and stream them on youtube, he'd make a paint-drying sim seem interesting(not that starbound didn't seem interesting even without him playing it, mind you!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: December 11, 2013, 04:35:28 am »

Ooh. Aussie B12 server.

I could get behind that.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: December 11, 2013, 04:49:41 am »

I built a robot, when the server's back up I'll kill it with you guys.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: December 11, 2013, 05:03:38 am »

I'm still at work, is the weapon patch okay? Did it fix the "mech" not being able to kill creatures which you encounter when you craft it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: December 11, 2013, 05:07:27 am »

I'm still at work, is the weapon patch okay? Did it fix the "mech" not being able to kill creatures which you encounter when you craft it?
That is a good question, I haven't tried the mech yet... But for the most part weapons seem pretty spot on. Some might say a bit under powered, but I think they are just used to 1 hit KOs all day.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: December 11, 2013, 05:10:02 am »

Weapons feel much better. If you keep your armor up to par, most fights end up being 3-5 hit battles with some maneuvering, instead of 1-shot fests for either side. I took down the first boss with a standard bow, an axe, and some bandages without any problem and without building an arena of any kind.

The birds are more aggressive though. It's Morrowind's cliff racers, except instead of annoying they're bloodpuking conveyers of death.

No idea on the Mech though, never seen one in-game.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: December 11, 2013, 05:13:28 am »

Guys I found another awesome bug: You can repair diamond pickaxes with copper ore.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: December 11, 2013, 05:14:52 am »

Been like that for a while.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: December 11, 2013, 05:15:48 am »

There is way too much aggressive fauna at the moment. I just want to walk sideways and I keep having to deal with all of these annoyances. Maby make animals that are much weaker than the player non-agressive.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: December 11, 2013, 05:27:27 am »

I found matter blocks! 10 of them!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: December 11, 2013, 05:29:56 am »

Where? How? When? What do they do?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: December 11, 2013, 05:33:36 am »

I found 15 in multiplayer from a dungeon. There was this red... thing that I activated. I spewed out matter blocks that caused 100 damage if they hit you, then they settled on the ground as regular blocks.
Same here.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: December 11, 2013, 05:46:47 am »

There is way too much aggressive fauna at the moment. I just want to walk sideways and I keep having to deal with all of these annoyances. Maby make animals that are much weaker than the player non-agressive.

I think they need only to settle down with bird aggro range, projectile attack strength, and maybe gently lower or add some planet-based variance to just how many hostile mobs will spawn at once. As is, it is more than a little overwhelming, and weapons don't do what they used to for the situation.

Weapons, however, are spot-on, and it genuinely feels good to get tied up in fast-paced combat with 2-3 mobs... until a bird joins in.

My UFO fight was hell, not because I couldn't handle the boss, but because I was interrupted by a total of TWELVE blood-spitting birds over the course of the battle. And to think, there are a moderate number of people on the SB forums arguing that these are a well-balanced challenge.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:51:18 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: December 11, 2013, 05:49:53 am »

Ugh. 700mb patch which I leave it on overnight to finish, and now I jump on and it's a 500mb patch.

I will be so, so very happy when my net is no longer capped.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: December 11, 2013, 07:31:35 am »

Ugh. 700mb patch which I leave it on overnight to finish, and now I jump on and it's a 500mb patch.

I will be so, so very happy when my net is no longer capped.
Enjoy your fast net. Here on our (specifically, my) side, we deal with ~23kbp/s at best due to Steam's faster-than-normal-downloading, as I see it.

:D
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 565