Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945173 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5145 on: December 11, 2013, 02:44:28 am »

Nope. Probably not the best thing..... But considering I was probably going to get an xmas present off my girlfriend that *she* wanted to give me, I'm going to subvert it to Starbound. Because.

(yep, I'm still going to bulk buy those beta-keys when I get payed from my new job, but meh, I want to play now dammit. I'll be the perfect robot-ninja-pirate. Or ape. Sorry. Apex. She'll get used to the lack of attention).
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: December 11, 2013, 02:53:26 am »

@Deon.

If we need a "Deon's mod-pack B12 server", I'm happy to put mine up for that. We need a fairly open mod-server (that'll update with the mods just as regularly as save-breaking patches), so yeah.

I'll see if I can grab $15 dollars or so. For xmas. And all that.

(server will be on an old i3 with 4gigs of ram and a bit of room left on the HDD. Hoping we'll be fine on hardware, because in theory the internet connection is fine. In theory).
It's a game. Have fun.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: December 11, 2013, 02:59:34 am »

I'll wait until the current situation with overpowered weapons and stuff is resolved and put the modpack up. Currently just having fun drawing armors.
It's most likely going to happen this weekend.

I'd host myself 24/7, but there's a problem with hosting for me. It most likely has to do something with my ISP because all ports are forwarded.
P.S. Server hardware does not matter TOO MUCH because most of the stuff is processed client-side. It's only the connection which matters the most.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5148 on: December 11, 2013, 03:01:10 am »

Huh, no-ip.org is neat.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: December 11, 2013, 03:05:17 am »

Nice and cheap, too. $15/yr to host an IP server that can potentially run a starbound/terraria/minecraft server each is a pretty good deal.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: December 11, 2013, 03:06:45 am »

I'll wait until the current situation with overpowered weapons and stuff is resolved and put the modpack up. Currently just having fun drawing armors.
Good news then, they already patched it. My swords went from 50-something DPS to 7, and I love it.
Only balance issue is apparently the digital embodiment of some old Hitchcock film, or something like that...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: December 11, 2013, 03:12:40 am »

Good news then, they already patched it. My swords went from 50-something DPS to 7, and I love it.
Only balance issue is apparently the digital embodiment of some old Hitchcock film, or something like that...

"I need the biggest seed bell you have! .... no, that's too big."
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #5152 on: December 11, 2013, 03:14:48 am »

Now I want to mod in seed bells that function as fake NPCs and draw the ire of the birds, and the bats, and the blood vomiting abominations.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: December 11, 2013, 03:19:00 am »

So I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. Anybody know how to catch pests pets?

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: December 11, 2013, 03:21:20 am »

I am trying to work out if it is possible to add extra races to the game. So I duplicated the hylotl species file, and called the new file "hylotlcopy" and edited its kind to that too. The game launches and works normally. Changing the index to 6 causes it to crash, however, so it might have been hardcoded to work with 6 races.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: December 11, 2013, 03:26:09 am »

How the fook are you supposed see what color you're making your humans underwear? Because they're wearing clothing in the character creator that makes it impossible to see.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: December 11, 2013, 03:28:34 am »

How the fook are you supposed see what color you're making your humans underwear? Because they're wearing clothing in the character creator that makes it impossible to see.
Swap to Floran, change their leaf color, change back to human. There is a table that corresponds leaf color to underwear color.

Human Undy Color | Floran Leaf Color
01 dark blue | pale green
02 violet | pale goldenrod
03 red | teal
04 light orange | orange
05 yellow | violet red
06 green | pink
07 black | bright medium green
08 white | brown
09 gray | yellow
10 pink | purple

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: December 11, 2013, 03:30:47 am »

I am trying to work out if it is possible to add extra races to the game. So I duplicated the hylotl species file, and called the new file "hylotlcopy" and edited its kind to that too. The game launches and works normally. Changing the index to 6 causes it to crash, however, so it might have been hardcoded to work with 6 races.
I'm pretty sure the only place where the 6 is hardcoded is the character creation screen.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: December 11, 2013, 03:47:16 am »

It'll likely be changed in the future, when the novakids will be added in, or at least I think so.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: December 11, 2013, 04:02:58 am »

It is going to be interesting when there are about a hundred or so races to choose from on a server due to mods...
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 565