Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945028 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5100 on: December 10, 2013, 10:21:01 pm »

For the record, you can head to downforeveryoneorjustme.com to check.  It'll just give a ping and response to see if there's ANY communication, so it should work with multiplayer servers just as well as it does with websites.
This. It's great.

I finished my asteroid ssship, and I suppose I'll come back to the server once it's allowing new players again.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5101 on: December 10, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »

For the record, you can head to downforeveryoneorjustme.com to check.  It'll just give a ping and response to see if there's ANY communication, so it should work with multiplayer servers just as well as it does with websites.
Can you specify the port? Because pinging muse.dyndns.tv will always report up as long as that PC is on, whether the server software is running or not

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: December 10, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »

Oh my god there's a thread.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: December 10, 2013, 10:26:01 pm »

So in unrelated news, I'm modding in a steel furnace:
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

First version will be 35 steel, one molten core, and some things TBD. It cooks food and smelts ore at a 1:1 ratio.

In the future, I'll probably add a different version (as in, you can download either. Both would be kept up to date) which makes it tier 3, and only smelt some of the lower tier metals.
But until then, any suggestions for the crafting recipe?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: December 10, 2013, 10:27:13 pm »

Can you specify the port? Because pinging muse.dyndns.tv will always report up as long as that PC is on, whether the server software is running or not
It reports as currently DOWN for me.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: December 10, 2013, 10:28:43 pm »

It's up now.
EDIT: Also, I may of caused the crash-like event. My ship went into transit to get to some other planet, and that's when it happened. Maybe. Probably not.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: December 10, 2013, 10:54:10 pm »

Is it just me, or does setting up a server take forever? I just want to host for myself and Wolfeyez. (I may host sometimes when I'm home alone, but don't count on it.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: December 10, 2013, 11:01:02 pm »

It's probably just you, but keep in mind that the server doesn't actually tell you when it's ready to play.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: December 10, 2013, 11:05:33 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but it should be a feature... If you are using two swords, both with a fire enhancement, the second one will start shooting plasma balls instead of lighting things on fire.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:42 pm »

Are you sure the second doesn't shoot plasma balls on its own? Several melee weapons fire projectiles.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: December 10, 2013, 11:14:20 pm »

I cant beam down from my ship in multiplayer, it just sends me straight back to my ship.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: December 10, 2013, 11:15:02 pm »

Are you sure the second doesn't shoot plasma balls on its own? Several melee weapons fire projectiles.

Very sure. I have had the second one for longer than the first, and it defiantly lights things on fire without the new sword, and shoots plasma with it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: December 10, 2013, 11:18:07 pm »

Very sure. I have had the second one for longer than the first, and it defiantly lights things on fire without the new sword, and shoots plasma with it.

Apparently this is a bug associated with the second slot, not dual-wielding.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: December 10, 2013, 11:18:15 pm »

Grah! I'm trying to connect to my own server, and it keeps telling me that I have the wrong password, even though I set it up to have no password. WTF, starbound?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: December 10, 2013, 11:19:33 pm »

Apparently this is a bug associated with the second slot, not dual-wielding.
Ah, I see... Well I'm duel welding awesome swords either way. Still, I would prefer fire + poison.

Having a lot more fun now that these genned weapons are useful.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 565