Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944863 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5085 on: December 10, 2013, 09:31:08 pm »

People are still on and its working okay for them. I'd rather not be restarting the server every hour. x.x

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: December 10, 2013, 09:34:13 pm »

Does anyone know how to find some iron? I seem to be stuck in an endless cycle of "get one shot by random bat" or "get one shot by random blood shitting Parasopholus.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: December 10, 2013, 09:38:58 pm »

I'm having trouble with coal shortages now. Damn steel.  >:(

Anyways, anyone know where to get meat chunks?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: December 10, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »

I manually disconnected, and can't seem to get back in myself. Going to take a break and see if it's a little more cooperative later. It is unfortunate, since the game at this point usually requires you disconnect once every half an hour or so, what with all the damned bugs.

Combat, however, is by far the most frustrating thing since the recent update. It's nice that monsters don't one-shot us anymore, but how many of them there are and how persistent they tend to be, I'm not quite content to do them the same favor. I'd much rather grind minerals for hours than grind bandages and deal with the constant barrage of growling and barking, gouts of toxic blood,  and transition from ambient to tense combat music.

The game has become an absolute displeasure, nearing that of Terraria. I want less of these hoodlums, and more time to goof around and explore uninterrupted.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: December 10, 2013, 09:42:14 pm »

Anyways, anyone know where to get meat chunks?
Cook cooked meat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:34 pm »

Nice patch, the ores seems to be fixed (iron being the most rare until now - I must've played for around 3 hours).
Also I found uranium, and uranium is fixed, nice.
And I laughed at 5k+ DPS steel weapons.

But meh, probably everyone already tested everything  :P, I was out tonight.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: December 10, 2013, 09:48:45 pm »

Ores have been cranked up beyond what they will be post-Beta, according to Tiy. We'll see.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: December 10, 2013, 09:56:14 pm »

Yay to getting a gold pick and raiding a jail what's immediately next to my spawn for good weapons during my first day after the update.
Also playing a human now, the whole ssstab ssstab ssstab kill kill kill eat eat eat thing got a tad old.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: December 10, 2013, 09:57:08 pm »

Ores have been cranked up beyond what they will be post-Beta, according to Tiy. We'll see.
Can confirm.  Easily got 300 silver, 150 gold, and 300 iron ores in a single run on my starting world.  Then on the first beta I start mining on I find 60 plat and 30 diamond ores, nothing to use them on yet but pickaxes.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: December 10, 2013, 10:08:20 pm »

Is it just me, or did the server crash?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: December 10, 2013, 10:08:38 pm »

Posting to watch and learn, as I just bought the game and am now downloading it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: December 10, 2013, 10:10:29 pm »

Is it just me, or did the server crash?
It didn't crash, but we can't join anymore.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: December 10, 2013, 10:12:57 pm »

The server keeps giving me:
Join failed! Error connecting to 'muse.dyndns.tv' port '21015'
Anyone?

E: Fucked up pasting it.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: December 10, 2013, 10:14:19 pm »

The server keeps giving me:
Join failed! Error connecting to 'muse.dyndns.tv' port '21025'
Anyone?
Fixed that for you. And yes, the server doesn't accept any new players anymore. Needs to be restarted until that works again.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: December 10, 2013, 10:16:42 pm »

For the record, you can head to downforeveryoneorjustme.com to check.  It'll just give a ping and response to see if there's ANY communication, so it should work with multiplayer servers just as well as it does with websites.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 565